3DXChat Community

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH - PLEASE ALL READ

Guest beccie

Eros Mama Group which hosts regular Rock Nights on Friday nights will be hosting a special "Breast Cancer Awareness Rock Night Special" next Friday 9th October, 8pm GMT+1... 3pm ET. I will be DJ (SayaX) and as usual I will be accepting requests.

The only difference is... DRESS CODE IS PINK!!

If you like rock music and want to show your support for this great cause then be sure to join us next Friday!

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2150-emn-breast-cancer-awareness-rock-party-09-october/

I'll be there!!! :)

I will be changing my ears pink for the month.  This will be the first time i have changed their color since i put them on something like three months ago

I will also be changing my hair to black, this will be the first time it has changed since i was born, three and a half months ago.  There are two reasons for this.  The first is, obviously, pink ears will show up better against black hair than they will against copper hair.

The second is more personal.  I lost my father to Parkinson's and am losing my mother to alzheimer's.  I would just ask that while we are remembering the victims of breast cancer this month we also take a moment to reflect on all the other things that take those we love from us.  

Perhaps in the future October might be thought of as Breast Cancer & remembrance month.  We could finish it with a joint wake for all those we have lost, as a community and as individuals, over the preceding year.  

It is not my intent to diminsh the importance of the central theme of this thread.  I understand the importance of this issue and awarness surrounding it.  I hope i have not offended anyone.

Love, dee

Agreed 100% Dee.  Our hearts are with you, and anyone who has lost a loved one.  Awareness campaigns are designed to inspire and bring people together. Bringing attention to any type of preventable death is surely a worth cause, and by banding together, sharing and supporting research, and furthering collaboration and awareness, I share Beccie's hope that soon we will be able to prevent and cure all of these diseases.

Bringing awareness to these diseases does not detract in the slightest from thr message, but adds to it...enhances the message and the need for support.

Guest beccie

Hey

Thanks to all who have shown support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month so far, either in words or by donning pink. Every step towards increasing awareness is a positive move that could, one day, mean the difference between someone making that decision to visit their GP or primary care doctor or deciding to ignore the warning signs of something being very wrong.

Just to refocus our minds, and if anyone doubts the aims of the campaign, please read and share this link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3257292/Husband-s-grief-radiant-bride-loses-cancer-battle-just-four-months-dream-wedding.html

In our words and our actions... Never Give Up.

Bec

xxx

Guest beccie

Eros Mama Group which hosts regular Rock Nights on Friday nights will be hosting a special "Breast Cancer Awareness Rock Night Special" next Friday 9th October, 8pm GMT+1... 3pm ET. I will be DJ (SayaX) and as usual I will be accepting requests.

The only difference is... DRESS CODE IS PINK!!

If you like rock music and want to show your support for this great cause then be sure to join us next Friday!

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2150-emn-breast-cancer-awareness-rock-party-09-october/

Can we clarify the times of this please as - unless I'm wrong and stupid, which is very likely - ET is -6h GMT+1, so 3pm ET is 9pm UK time, not 8pm (as the UK is GMT+1 atm)?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Can we clarify the times of this please as - unless I'm wrong and stupid, which is very likely - ET is -6h GMT+1, so 3pm ET is 9pm UK time, not 8pm (as the UK is GMT+1 atm)?

EST is -5 hours UK time.

Wow I could be wrong on this too, but I think it is 8pm UK time.  3pm EST is 2pm for me (CST), and the UK is 6 hours ahead of me, so that would be +5 for EST, either way making it 8pm.  I didn't realize it was so early, but I'll still try and be there.  If I can't (I do have school) then I'll be there in heart and spirit!!!

I think ET has  +1 summer time change too Beccie (making it EST) so it's still a -5 hour difference.  Therefore 3pm EST = 8pm BST.

Time zones are just confusing! And soon DST will end causing even more confusion!

Apologies to the Americans. I realise this is very much a European friendly event, unfortunately I can't make it any later. The only other alternative is moving to a Saturday or Sunday.

Guest beccie

Thank you Adara and Lyam - love it love it love it love it love it! :D

Really encouraged to see the numbers in pink in the NC tonight - makes me very happy indeed :)

If just ONE person, now or in the future, as a result of this campaign, goes to their doctor having spotted the warning signs of cancer... our job will be done.

And if you're not yet in pink... join us :)

http://www.nedtheband.com/

A unique band of six gynecologic oncology surgeons from across the country, N.E.D. is taking healing and the arts to a new level. Created as a cover band to entertain their peers at a medical conference, they saw the potential to reach women in a powerful way – through music. What was started as a novelty meant to entertain, has turned into a powerful awareness movement to give a voice to women effected by gynecologic cancers.

N.E.D. or ‘No Evidence of Disease’, are the words every cancer patient wants to hear. The cornerstone of N.E.D.’s Mission is education and awareness. They have released two albums of original music, that have received critical acclaim. Their songs are designed to empower women, give them hope and to break the silence surrounding gynecologic cancers.

I will play 2-3 N.E.D. tracks at rock night.

And another inspirational breast cancer awareness song  :)

The Eros Mama Group Rock Night Cancer Awareness Special (w/ DJ SayaX) was a great success. At its peak we had over 30+ people the majority of whom were wearing pink!

Thank you to everyone who turned up and supported the event and a big shout out to the people who were there most of the night!

A special thank you to the host and my best friend LadyLiliana for arranging the forum post and hosting the party in her amazing room.

Thank you to LauraTWK for taking some pictures on the night. As you can see, lots of people turned out in pink!

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2150-emn-breast-cancer-awareness-rock-party-09-october/?p=94881

You will find more pictures at Laura's great blog as well http://www.lauratwk.tumblr.com

• 2 weeks later...

So... November is nearly upon us, bringing another Pinktoberfest to an end...

A huge thank you to all those who have supported my drive to raise the awareness of cancer in all its forms during the month. It's been heartening to see so many people openly supporting the cause in 3dx. Thank you.

As I've said before... if just ONE person, now or in the future, seeks the advice of their doctor after spotting some symptoms because they remember this campaign... then we've succeeded.

Thank you... all.

x

Thank you Beccie for raising this awareness in the 3dx community. You did great girl!!

Anytime you want to see me in my pink trousers, just let me know. I don't think you ever got the chance to during October.

Now do the girls get to choose moustaches for Movember...the month for awareness of testicular cancer?

Thank you Beccie for raising this awareness in the 3dx community. You did great girl!!

Anytime you want to see me in my pink trousers, just let me know. I don't think you ever got the chance to during October.

Now do the girls get to choose moustaches for Movember...the month for awareness of testicular cancer?

Thanks Leo! I'm afraid I can't promise to grow a moustache though...

BUT fair point about Movember - so come on guys, check your balls, get your wives and girlfriends to have a good feel for you (any excuse I know, i know), and don't neglect your prostate - if you're over a certain age, demand that your GP orders you a PSA and ask for a DRE too - even if you're appalled by the idea. It could just save your life.