3DXChat Community

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH - PLEASE ALL READ

Guest beccie

Well tomorrow is October-eve, so time for one last hassle about supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month for the whole of October - or even as much as you can stomach the thought of all things pink!

But earlier today I actually came up against some opposition to the whole idea from one player, who didn't 'get' why breast cancer should get so much attention, nor why yet more money should be given to this cause. So, in fairness, I'm going to address these two points:

Firstly, on the question of 'yet more money' - obviously every penny given to the breast campaign, to hospices, cancer nurses or research scientists, is a good thing. But October is about awareness - helping people to remember that this disease is not going away in a hurry but, with adequate self-help and an understanding of the symptoms and warning signs, it can be beaten.

Which leads me to the second point, about why breast cancer should get its own campaign. Well, here's a few reasons:

• Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide, with nearly 1.7 million new cases diagnosed in 2012

• Breast cancer makes up 25% of all cancers in women.

• Men can get breast cancer - it's rare, but it happens.

• In 2012, Belgium had the highest rate of breast cancer, followed by Denmark and France. Not exactly the back of beyond, is it?

• Breast cancer survival rates are as high as 80% in North America, Sweden and Japan - but LESS than 40% in some low-income countries, almost entirely due to the lack of early diagnosis and poor self-awareness.

So, with October upon us, are YOU going to support this vital cause and how? By playing your part in raising awareness, in the digital world and in real life, you may just help make someone - a sister, daughter, mother, cousin, friend or stranger - realise when things aren't quite right, and seek the help they need immediately.

If the colour palette arrives in 3dx in time, you have endless shades of pink available to you!

Please support us. This only happens once a year. From a pink bangle to an entire pink outfit, your support means the world to those afflicted by this terrible disease.

Bec

xx

I'm all for supporting this kind of stuff but do you really need 3 topics in 14 days and gifts being sent around in game? It's cool you support it this much, but it shouldn't turn into spam.

No one makes you read it. I've also had nothing but gratitude and praise in-game.

However, I apologise to those I've offended.

In all honesty I've done what I can but now it's up to others to engage, if they want. I'm stepping back now I've done my bit as it seems I draw criticism and that saddens me.

I sincerely hope that those who are critical of my approaches don't ever end up in a situation where they're grateful for the efforts of people like me who invest the time in campaigning for causes like this one.

I'm all for supporting this kind of stuff but do you really need 3 topics in 14 days and gifts being sent around in game? It's cool you support it this much, but it shouldn't turn into spam.

Really??? Sorry but I really think your comment was unnecessary. I've seen and read all the posts, I've received a gift and passed two on. Never once did I think that such an important cause was being over messaged or spammed. You say you are "all for supporting this kind of stuff", so why feel a need to critisise the person that is making us aware of it? To be honest, your post reads like sour grapes and like you are just trying to get some attention for yourself. Beccie's latest post was necessary, because clearly there are some people that still don't understand why the awareness is important and how it CAN make a difference. Her latest post helps to explain further for those that don't yet understand the campaign yet.

Beccie you should be proud of what you are doing. Don't be disheartened by comments such as this. Awareness needs a concerted campaign to ensure not just that everyone hears about it, but understands it too. That is exactly what you have been doing, and I say...well done!!!

If it wasn't for awareness of the need for breast self-examination, maybe the outcome for the friend I previously mentioned may have been very different. Maybe she would have become another statistic, and maybe her family would be mourning her loss, and maybe her children in particular would be scarred for the rest of their lives. If a few posts and a few 3dx gifts can help prevent that for just one family, it will all have been worth it.

Hmmm, I've thinking a bit deeper about this :)

For myself are Breast cancer awareness also really important, ofc I need and want breasts always  :lol::P

Maybe I've Idea for a Virtual benefit event...

I think some of you know I spin sometimes as DJ in 3DXChat and also I sell some of this mixes on Beatport. I do this not for money or something, nope I do this just for fun and for the interest to see how many people Download my work and how many people listen my work out of game :)

I get also not much money from Beatport for sell my sets, I get 10% of the Download price and mostly I don't get my invest back but that's not important...

The Idea for the benefit event is:

We can do a Pink Night Breast Cancer Awareness Event and I'll sell this Mix on Beatport after the party and I want donate all the money for the Downloads x2 to a Breast cancer research and treatment facility :)

I'll share of course all Download countings and also the data's for the donate here and I'll mark the Mix as benefit donate mix.

This Idea isn't a official 3DXChat idea, it's only an Idea personal of myself and we do this only if you have the interest ;)

Let me know what you think about, for my opinion is it we can do a good thing inside of 3DXChat for outside of 3DXChat :lol: And also is it a little bit fun for all of us  :) 

I think all the support towards Breast Cancer Awareness is just amazing.  I thank Beccie and everyone for being so passionate, and showing their desire to help spread the word.  

My life has personally and drastically been affected by this.  As a child, I lost my mom to breast cancer, and I wonder on an almost daily basis how different my life might have been had it been detected earlier, and had she had the treatment she needed.  Every dollar, every effort, every thought that goes to support this campaign and further research is a blessing and is very much appreciated.  

In answer to people to might not understand why we make such a big deal about the awareness part, it is not because we are trying to spam or annoy anyone.  Keeping such a topic at the forefront of everyone's minds, through constant reminder and repetition, is one of the surest ways to prevent what happened to my mom from happening to other mothers, wives, girlfriends, and loved ones.  

I am truly touched by such support from this community, and from the admin and dev teams.  Thank you so much.  

No one makes you read it. I've also had nothing but gratitude and praise in-game.

However, I apologise to those I've offended.

In all honesty I've done what I can but now it's up to others to engage, if they want. I'm stepping back now I've done my bit as it seems I draw criticism and that saddens me.

I sincerely hope that those who are critical of my approaches don't ever end up in a situation where they're grateful for the efforts of people like me who invest the time in campaigning for causes like this one.

Ignore the criticism, love.  Comes from a lack of understanding and empathetic appreciation for what you are doing.  You hold the love and gratitude of many for all your efforts, as does everyone who is doing what they can to support this campaign in-game and in real life.  Thank you.  

Really??? Sorry but I really think your comment was unnecessary. I've seen and read all the posts, I've received a gift and passed two on. Never once did I think that such an important cause was being over messaged or spammed. You say you are "all for supporting this kind of stuff", so why feel a need to critisise the person that is making us aware of it? To be honest, your post reads like sour grapes and like you are just trying to get some attention for yourself. Beccie's latest post was necessary, because clearly there are some people that still don't understand why the awareness is important and how it CAN make a difference. Her latest post helps to explain further for those that don't yet understand the campaign yet.

Beccie you should be proud of what you are doing. Don't be disheartened by comments such as this. Awareness needs a concerted campaign to ensure not just that everyone hears about it, but understands it too. That is exactly what you have been doing, and I say...well done!!!

If it wasn't for awareness of the need for breast self-examination, maybe the outcome for the friend I previously mentioned may have been very different. Maybe she would have become another statistic, and maybe her family would be mourning her loss, and maybe her children in particular would be scarred for the rest of their lives. If a few posts and a few 3dx gifts can help prevent that for just one family, it will all have been worth it.

My comment was never meant to be taken as a negative thing, i just know myself and a few others see the frequent messages in world chat in game and then the 3 topics on here added onto the gifts that are being sent around... its a bit much, its a nice thing to support yes, but dont try and shove it down peoples throats, which of course is not Beccies intention, just trying to be helpful by saying how i myself see things, there are others that do the same, thats all.

I hope many will support Beccies campaign even though we dont all agree on the methods that have been used

My comment was never meant to be taken as a negative thing, i just know myself and a few others see the frequent messages in world chat in game and then the 3 topics on here added onto the gifts that are being sent around... its a bit much, its a nice thing to support yes, but dont try and shove it down peoples throats, which of course is not Beccies intention, just trying to be helpful by saying how i myself see things, there are others that do the same, thats all.

I hope many will support Beccies campaign even though we dont all agree on the methods that have been used

Unfortunately I understand why Leopardus saw it as he did. I found the initial comments quite cutting and, tbh, hurtful. I accept that may not have been the intention.

'Frequent' messages in world chat? None yesterday, I dont think any the day before, and no more than one a day, on intermittent days. I don't think that's 'frequent'. Tbh, I've not regarded world chat as a good vehicle for publicity as hardly anyone uses it.

As for the gifts, its an obvious way of making the message heard. If people don't like it, they can delete them, I'm not fussed. How is it any more offensive or irritating that being bombarded with phone calls from charities wanting money, or chuggers accosting you in the street, or tonnes of mailshots pouring through the letter box? ONE gift, to some players. That's not excessive and it's certainly not 'shoving it down people's throats'.

I do find it sad that a minority choose to focus on the methods for publicising this rather than the end goal, which is the saving of lives through raising awareness.

So again, to those who are offended, I apologise that you are offended but I will not apologise for raising awareness of a disease that could, God forbid, one day strike you or your loved ones.

To those players who have supported me and thanked me for my efforts, and Ash, Achilles, Shanti and the devs, thank you.

Hmmm, I've thinking a bit deeper about this :)

For myself are Breast cancer awareness also really important, ofc I need and want breasts always  :lol::P

Maybe I've Idea for a Virtual benefit event...

I think some of you know I spin sometimes as DJ in 3DXChat and also I sell some of this mixes on Beatport. I do this not for money or something, nope I do this just for fun and for the interest to see how many people Download my work and how many people listen my work out of game :)

I get also not much money from Beatport for sell my sets, I get 10% of the Download price and mostly I don't get my invest back but that's not important...

The Idea for the benefit event is:

We can do a Pink Night Breast Cancer Awareness Event and I'll sell this Mix on Beatport after the party and I want donate all the money for the Downloads x2 to a Breast cancer research and treatment facility :)

I'll share of course all Download countings and also the data's for the donate here and I'll mark the Mix as benefit donate mix.

This Idea isn't a official 3DXChat idea, it's only an Idea personal of myself and we do this only if you have the interest ;)

Let me know what you think about, for my opinion is it we can do a good thing inside of 3DXChat for outside of 3DXChat :lol: And also is it a little bit fun for all of us  :) 

I think this is an absolutely wonderful idea :)

I think all the support towards Breast Cancer Awareness is just amazing.  I thank Beccie and everyone for being so passionate, and showing their desire to help spread the word.  

My life has personally and drastically been affected by this.  As a child, I lost my mom to breast cancer, and I wonder on an almost daily basis how different my life might have been had it been detected earlier, and had she had the treatment she needed.  Every dollar, every effort, every thought that goes to support this campaign and further research is a blessing and is very much appreciated.  

In answer to people to might not understand why we make such a big deal about the awareness part, it is not because we are trying to spam or annoy anyone.  Keeping such a topic at the forefront of everyone's minds, through constant reminder and repetition, is one of the surest ways to prevent what happened to my mom from happening to other mothers, wives, girlfriends, and loved ones.  

I am truly touched by such support from this community, and from the admin and dev teams.  Thank you so much.  

Thank you Rose... For those who don't know Rose, I can testify how deeply the pain runs for her and the unpredictable consequences losing her mum had on her life.

Rosemary's story is a sobering one, and not one I'm going to share for obvious reasons, suffice to say that the scars of cancer - all types of cancer - run deeply and noone can truly understand this until they're put in the situation.

Rosemary, your mother would be proud of you, for what you're making of your life now, the fortitude you've demonstrated over recent years and the desire you have to make the world a better place. I don't doubt, somewhere, she's looking down on you right now, smiling and proud at what you've achieved, and continue to achieve.

Hugs to you, as ever.

Bec

xxx

Thank you Rose... For those who don't know Rose, I can testify how deeply the pain runs for her and the unpredictable consequences losing her mum had on her life.

Rosemary's story is a sobering one, and not one I'm going to share for obvious reasons, suffice to say that the scars of cancer - all types of cancer - run deeply and noone can truly understand this until they're put in the situation.

Rosemary, your mother would be proud of you, for what you're making of your life now, the fortitude you've demonstrated over recent years and the desire you have to make the world a better place. I don't doubt, somewhere, she's looking down on you right now, smiling and proud at what you've achieved, and continue to achieve.

Hugs to you, as ever.

Bec

xxx

**hugs**

Keep up the efforts, despite the criticism on the "methods."  I tend to agree that some gifts and a few forum threads hardly qualify as spamming, but as you and others mentioned, if this helps raise enough awareness to save even one life (or hopefully more), it will have been well worth the effort.

Love you girl.  :)  

Unfortunately I understand why Leopardus saw it as he did. I found the initial comments quite cutting and, tbh, hurtful. I accept that may not have been the intention.

'Frequent' messages in world chat? None yesterday, I dont think any the day before, and no more than one a day, on intermittent days. I don't think that's 'frequent'. Tbh, I've not regarded world chat as a good vehicle for publicity as hardly anyone uses it.

As for the gifts, its an obvious way of making the message heard. If people don't like it, they can delete them, I'm not fussed. How is it any more offensive or irritating that being bombarded with phone calls from charities wanting money, or chuggers accosting you in the street, or tonnes of mailshots pouring through the letter box? ONE gift, to some players. That's not excessive and it's certainly not 'shoving it down people's throats'.

I do find it sad that a minority choose to focus on the methods for publicising this rather than the end goal, which is the saving of lives through raising awareness.

So again, to those who are offended, I apologise that you are offended but I will not apologise for raising awareness of a disease that could, God forbid, one day strike you or your loved ones.

To those players who have supported me and thanked me for my efforts, and Ash, Achilles, Shanti and the devs, thank you.

But of course, happy to help, and I look forward to seeing all things done over the next month! I will be wearing pink in support of it with my cute lil teddy bear on my shirt. :D So keep a look out I'll be wearing it all month. :) Much love to you and everyone else for all the things they are doing and that's a great thing you are doing too Achilles! Excellent stuff mate.

Eros Mama Group which hosts regular Rock Nights on Friday nights will be hosting a special "Breast Cancer Awareness Rock Night Special" next Friday 9th October, 8pm GMT+1... 3pm ET. I will be DJ (SayaX) and as usual I will be accepting requests.

The only difference is... DRESS CODE IS PINK!!

If you like rock music and want to show your support for this great cause then be sure to join us next Friday!

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2150-emn-breast-cancer-awareness-rock-party-09-october/

I will be changing my ears pink for the month.  This will be the first time i have changed their color since i put them on something like three months ago

I will also be changing my hair to black, this will be the first time it has changed since i was born, three and a half months ago.  There are two reasons for this.  The first is, obviously, pink ears will show up better against black hair than they will against copper hair.

The second is more personal.  I lost my father to Parkinson's and am losing my mother to alzheimer's.  I would just ask that while we are remembering the victims of breast cancer this month we also take a moment to reflect on all the other things that take those we love from us.  

Perhaps in the future October might be thought of as Breast Cancer & remembrance month.  We could finish it with a joint wake for all those we have lost, as a community and as individuals, over the preceding year.  

It is not my intent to diminsh the importance of the central theme of this thread.  I understand the importance of this issue and awarness surrounding it.  I hope i have not offended anyone.

Love, dee

Guest beccie

It is not my intent to diminsh the importance of the central theme of this thread.  I understand the importance of this issue and awarness surrounding it.  I hope i have not offended anyone.

Love, dee

Absolutely not offended Dee, nor should anyone be. Alzheimer's and Parkinsons are other examples of awful diseases the cure for which, despite tonnes of research and public and government money, still remains elusive.  But we will get there one day... One day, we will be free of these afflictions - and I honestly believe that day is not too far in the distant future.

So yes, while I implore everyone to support the Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I urge everyone to remember all those lost to disease in general. The same spirit that we can stoke up this month can be harnessed for other causes.