3DXChat Community

World Chat HTML Spam

Goose

Thanks Kyuss, I may need something to drink to take those horse pills :P

Hey, ur welcome bro and once those pills are a bit bigger, lol, i got us also some drinks, so cheers m8 and listen robt, id rather DIE whilse trying to do something or achieving a change to make something maybe better, as just do nothing! Well, atleast one has tried something, to make a "difference" and even if step one or plan-b fails, the alphabet still has a whole fucking big amount of other letters left! And, i also do think, for sure it cant get any worse, only better^^ Omg, did i take the correct pills? Which ones did u take!? Or maybe just to many of them? 'Burps', ops, sry^^

Its not actually that simple. The current rules we have now arent enforced, What makes you think new ones would be? Its a great idea on paper and hopefully it comes to be but I am not optimistic it runs as smoothly as you claim.

I will now try not to be negative about it and put on a happy face. Its a great idea, Just not sure its going to work out as smoothly as you think

But as long as a few of us are willing to point out... Hey wrong chat! when it happens people may modify behaviour without too much actual enforcement. Or maybe I've taken too many of those Optimistic pills.

Personally, I kind of see this as a sticking plaster. It's a stopgap and my view is that it be ultimately better if there was some rethink on the whole room and invite system. An understanding that people want to announce their rooms and rooms can be great places to hangout and changes based on some of the suggestions made here and in other places.

Still it's better than no changes.

Frankly, the only thing wrong with the old invite process, as far as I was concerned, was that multiple invite icons were displayed when they could have been overlaid (and perhaps been smaller) particularly as you only had to click on one icon and all invites were shown.

Don't forget the annoying Ding noise... Which ruined lots of intimate moments for many users back when it was around with the old system.

Edit: I do like the Activities/Party/Invite idea though. But is too long to call it that and if we used the abbrieviation it may get people confused especially non-native English speakers. ^^

Guest marianaclarke

Its not actually that simple. The current rules we have now arent enforced, What makes you think new ones would be? Its a great idea on paper and hopefully it comes to be but I am not optimistic it runs as smoothly as you claim.

I will now try not to be negative about it and put on a happy face. Its a great idea, Just not sure its going to work out as smoothly as you think

I know but if they were given that kind of warning, maybe it will stop.  Screenshot after screenshot, far too many to be posted, it's not getting any better.  When people start to turn nasty to others trying to help them from getting banned that becomes an issue.  You shouldn't have to have massive ignore lists as even those we have as friends post at times.

Guest marianaclarke

The only issue I see with calling it Announcements would be that people would look there for other things like game updates and information.  I do think it's a good idea but still may cause some confusion.

A Channel for commercials? Who would watch such a channel? :lol: I record my programs to fast forward through the commercials so I have a hard time imagining anybody looking in a announcements channel for more than a moment if at all.

bingo. people post them  in world because its populated. That wont change. 

as you can see "that word" cant be to long! atleast in the default standard size of the chat window.
for example the word roleplay with (8) letters fits ok centered, (9-10) letters one could maybe just squeez in without having to change default chatwindow size!!

no9yiw95m6f6.jpg

ofc, if u widn the window to max width, one has more place, but

w9ayj6bj1ffv.png

how will that look in default size again with a longer word(s) and i guess not everybody wants or can maybe stretch the window like that,
if even necessary to mention and just from the point of view, of what would even fit in there, "look good" and bla bla means from the GUI site perspective first and then the meaning of "that word", in that order!

anyway, out for a while now today and here some ideas:

Events (6)

Parties (7)

Newscast (8)

Partycast (9)

Partynews (9)

Eventcast (9)

Billboard (9)

Eventfeed(s) (9) (10)

Event-News (10)

Activities (10)

Party|Events (12)

Notifications (13)

Social Events (13)
Announcements (13)

Events|Parties (14)

Events|Activities (17) - name of the forum area

Events|Party|Clubs (18)

all_out_of_ideas_dogma.gif

A Channel for commercials? Who would watch such a channel? :lol: I record my programs to fast forward through the commercials so I have a hard time imagining anybody looking in a announcements channel for more than a moment if at all.

Ah but some commercials people do watch of their own volition, for example, movie trailers.

Maybe people would pay attention, you know, sometime there are interesting rooms and perhaps with a dedicated channel you might get more posts from some of the unique and interesting rooms as hosts would be more willing to post to a dedicated location. Whenever I hosted a room in the past I rarely posted adverts if ever, because I felt they are annoying and didn't want to add to them. In a dedicated channel I would have been more willing to advertise the room.

giphy.gif

just couldnt leave the house without a lill spank 4 lanalove

sb6ix15dn6m.jpg

bb

Rent time on a billboard would be nice. Maybe for gold? So far it seems only one DJ gets to put up a poster there. Why?

Maybe making a poster board on the wall to NC and renting out sections to club owners could generate some extra  funds for the development staff?

There could even be the bigger standing boards for more gold at the beach and lover's island?

I appreciate the effort you went to, marianaclarke but...

Two evenings ago, world chat was subjected to a conversation over the period of an hour, at least (I don't have evidence, you'll have to take my word), by two people (often a third joined in), that could have been carried out in pm or group and that I found far more offensive than a few advertisements for open rooms. 

Guest marianaclarke

Two evenings ago, world chat was subjected to a conversation over the period of an hour, at least (I don't have evidence, you'll have to take my word), by two people (often a third joined in), that could have been carried out in pm or group and that I found far more offensive than a few advertisements for open rooms. 

I agree there are some that should take place in private, they take place far less than the constant spamming of the rooms.  Most if you say take it to PM they do.

Lol, Thats more then a few. 

People are going to say off color remarks in world, Hell some snipe in chat, other do kitten crap, etc. I know i have been been guilty of some bad language in chat a few times but the major diff is if someone pmed me and asked me to stop because it offended them, i would.  Sorry if some of these spammers are friends of yours but facts are facts... You cannot ask them to stop, they just do it more or you get some lame ass "nobody is telling me what to do" horsecrap and at the end of the day it doesnt matter if its 1 or a hundred. I will beat this into the ground..... ITS AGAINST THE RULES

what i would like clarified is this, What exactly is against the rules, what makes spam? is it excessive size fonts or what? Surely it cant be any message advertising a room as long as its in normal Font .

what i would like clarified is this, What exactly is against the rules, what makes spam? is it excessive size fonts or what? Surely it cant be any message advertising a room as long as its in normal Font .

It's spam when it's disruptive and unwanted. For instance the random phrases for unwanted, and disruptive when that or an advertisement is posted far too often and takes up half the page (or a combination of all).

The only respectable advertisements I've seen are the ones for the two brothels (Pier's White Palace and Malvasia's Pleasure Nest). Theirs are posted probably every ~20 minutes, regular size font, and only take up two lines. I have absolutely no problem with that. But those are the only two who do that. Though I will credit Sexyboyy for altering his, coincidentally the day after I made this thread.. haha.

Mateelda is a perfect example of spam, because even though everyone asks her nicely to stop (or tone it down), she just starts insulting people and spams even more. People like that (and there are many) are worthy of a report and a block, and I have blocked her since there is no point in reasoning with immaturity. And people like that are the reason why this thread exists, and the reason HTML might be saying bye-bye or at least changed.

A Channel for commercials? Who would watch such a channel? :lol:

Exactly. Let people choose whether or not they want to see it, instead of having to sit there and block or report 30 people. I've never joined a room because it was spammed. In fact, I specifically don't join it if I see it being spammed. If I want to join a room, I open the room browser and make my pick that way. I don't expect everyone to do this, but at least put all of the advertisements in one place so if people want to see it, they can.

last thing read in here yesterday, 04:31 PM and just overflew it on a tablet at a friend, but

wasnt focused there enough, just like here now and besides that...4 me -> lill wc.spamm-timeout@4now dot com once the world (planet) and yes the chat called world also, lol, still will be turning morrow in its spinns!! super lol, just checked screenis of mariana and thx 4 them and i discovered myself in 2 screenshots: after 3,5 weeks no 3dx cause of summerbreak till october (except maybe not even a handfull short vip meets in privat and ofc, the upcoming sins event next weekend)  and it was reallý fun playing those 12-15h last friday night- till saturday afternoon, but were did i end up after hmm 11-12 hours ingame finally, as i also told others already, or had writtn it to goose too i think: in my dressing for breakfast and playing "mirrorspamm", "preachn" or id say, advisn ppl how to: please post in a decent size and time intervalls of their creatively well done html "advirts" or continiously repeating textbase "adverts or, mhmhh, room attention robospamm or whatever bla bla in WC and as u know, all because we all have to get everything done in only 1 fukn chann^^ well, maybe thats history soon..will see, where or how all this will end or even beginn?!?

anyway, loading 2nd chillscript now and wishn ya all a good fight, aeh, i mean good night...well atleast in this topic and rest morrow maybe...maybe not^^

Time-out.jpg

HeadsRelax.jpg

AUDIO_OVERLAY_box.png
Play-Now-green.png

ops, sry, wrong button,

first button is for where ever u think we have 'a war'
sometimes here in the forum or game
and the second button of course
is to shortly chill a lill if u will

astalajego

playnowyellow.png