3DXChat Community

Builder problems

Tsela

2 hours ago, Tsela said:

I don't know if it's a bug or something, but I can't apply textures on an entire group of objects anymore, it applies only on one object, even if the entire group is selected

Any ideas?

🇫🇷 Oui, cela vient de la mise à jour.
Il semble que cela date du Béta test, et que cela n'ai jamais été réparé.
Tout comme un problème avec les aimants, de déplacements et de rotations. On ne peut pas changer leurs valeurs.

----------------------

🇺🇸 Yes, it's from the update.
It seems to date from the Beta test, and has never been fixed.
Just like a problem with magnets, displacements and rotations. You can't change their values.

2 hours ago, Khallum Troy said:

🇫🇷 Oui, cela vient de la mise à jour.
Il semble que cela date du Béta test, et que cela n'ai jamais été réparé.
Tout comme un problème avec les aimants, de déplacements et de rotations. On ne peut pas changer leurs valeurs.

----------------------

🇺🇸 Yes, it's from the update.
It seems to date from the Beta test, and has never been fixed.
Just like a problem with magnets, displacements and rotations. You can't change their values.

Well this seems to be something that needs urgent fixing.

I mean builders provide the ACTUAL content for the game day by day.

EDIT:

Oh and yes, you are right, I noticed also that even if I change the snap step, snap angle values, they don't do anything at all when I use the feature. It really needs urgent attention. This is not some small bug you can wait a lot to be fixed.

Edited by Tsela

I mean:

If you always change the sea level, you can raise your whole world to the same value: your ocean level is -1, and you move your whole world to a lower point of -1. If you don't want the ocean, you move up your world. No need anymore to change the ocean level. 

3 hours ago, Jannick said:

It's not a general problem, had this in the beta too and now the problem is gone.

Did you begin the build in the old version ?

If yes i posted a workaround for the problem in the 3.0 Update Tread.

No I just started a new build hours ago of which I shared the screenshot. (I was trying to build up the Space Jockey from Alien eventually, then I ran into these issues. I didn't build in the beta, I only tried a few new stuff there, so this was news to me now after the patch)

On 9/7/2023 at 3:48 AM, Tsela said:

I don't know if it's a bug or something, but I can't apply textures on an entire group of objects anymore, it applies only on one object, even if the entire group is selected

Any ideas?

Temp workaround: Leave the editor and join the room then go straight back to the editor again and you can apply materials and colours to the entire group of objects.

Let's hope they address this bug quick.

2 hours ago, SweetPeaches said:

Is this from update? I'm building things in my room and click save but can't get to normal room to see it. I can only see in build mode. I do hope they correct these issue's soon?🤔

Never heard about this issue, you do click on the room icon itself and not the customize button, right ? o.O

On 9/8/2023 at 3:36 PM, MissD said:

Temp workaround: Leave the editor and join the room then go straight back to the editor again and you can apply materials and colours to the entire group of objects.

I will try that. Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, SweetPeaches said:

Is this from update? I'm building things in my room and click save but can't get to normal room to see it. I can only see in build mode. I do hope they correct these issue's soon?🤔

I didn't hear about this bug either.

But might come from some server communication.

The way you "save" rooms and entering them afterwards, is by uploading the room to the server. and when you load it, you simply connect to the server which already contains your room file you saved on it. So basically what happens when you build and then simply enter your own room, the client uploads the file that is currently opened in the builder. And then it loads it again on your machine from there. And that's how other people load it when they join the room by requesting the same file from the server and loading it. (actually that's how they stole rooms long ago before it was fixed with encryption, because the file is temporarily on the machine of the person who is entering your room also)

If your changes weren't saved, probably is either some temporary server issue, or something wrong or weird happening to your connection.

Edited by Tsela

On 9/8/2023 at 3:36 PM, MissD said:

Indeed it looks like it will work. Thank you! So weird that I have to load things twice for it to work...

Edited by Tsela

Okay for those who are interested. Maybe this bug comes from the fact that most of us simply load a build and delete, and build a new one. even if it's like a small nothing build from before the patch, loading it causes issues in the builder which seems to be fixed the way MissD said. So basically either start a brand new one and enter it to make sure the builder is correctly updated and your room is on teh server, then open it and it works fine. Probably if you start a brand new empty build it doesn't have issues, only if you load a build from pre-patch.