3DXChat Community

Changing in game name font please.

Riela

First, I do know similar topic exist I think by Erica but I couldn't find it.

So today I just saw another "RieIa" yet again.

I do see my imposter once in while for quite long time, This time I had even chance to see her profile.

It said "for some weird reason people mistake me with other Riela" or something like that.

Well duh,

I been here for 1 year, got over 400 gifts. This other one been here while and have I think 0. idk if it's same one as the one i saw month ago, two months ago etc.

For people that don't understand what's this issue about.

You can make any name that contain L with i.

so for example you can make

• Riela
  • RieIa
  • Akali
  • AkaIi
  • Felicity
  • FeIicity

Now, The most popular argument I keep hearing is "well duh, your friends will know who are you and won't mistake you" to which I ask - So how about other people?

example 1 -  while meeting new people I would get greeted with " eww no I saw you doing X or Y I don't wanna know you"

example 2 - Being in exclusive relationship and my GF will hear over and over from people who like to act like white knights (we know there's shit ton of them) Look I saw your gf fuck while you were asleep etc.

example 3 - random daily world drama, someone with same name as me start drama or rage at world chat and next time people see you blacklist you without reason, or don't want to talk to you or will fake afk and you have no clue why.

these were effects that aren't even related to griefing or spite but side effect of other person with same name.

Now if person makes character with same name as you and wants to grief you and go out of their way to spam your friends, sent vulgar gifts or cause drama on purpose that's much much worse. And let's be honest our 3DX community is capable of that. In my year of stay I saw people who cause drama and later see their PM conversation with " I like breaking down people that's why I cause drama or hurt person X"

My suggestion would be one of these:

1. Report, hoping that the development team forces to rename the person.
  2. Change the game font in which lowecase " L"  and uppercase " i " aren't the same one.
  3. Don't allow upper case after first letter - Which would hurt lots of people in community including my friends.
  4. I don't know if possible but disable uppercase " i " after first letter.
  5. Add unique ID to each account (which would hurt alt people a lot )

I completely agree, I see so many of those I/i plays around. *sighs*

But for the following point :

Add unique ID to each account (which would hurt alt people a lot )

It sure would hurt the mindplayers, but I also know some genuine people who just try out fantasies in secrecy, or just seek for peace sometimes, so this would hurt their experiences as well.

I thought maybe some kind of color code for the name tags :

For example white for slot 1 (most often main avi), yellow for slot 2, green for slot 3

This would allow us players to know what we are dealing with somehow, but also keep the privacy of the person in front of us.

But yes, most importantly, we need a font change, to properly see the difference between the i and I.

Well, initially, I did think that anyone that does that is devious. However, on the other hand, if it is their real name/nickname they could well be just taking advantage of the anomaly with regard to the font. In a way, I prefer it to other methods of differentiation.
I think that the only real option is 2, change the font. 

Another thing would be to have all names vetted for content before being able to use them (something else that I would prefer, in many respects) but that would slow the rate of new game content even more ;)

Another possible option would be to show our friends's names in lets say green , like this if someone see Riela in white , they will know that its not you .

yup that would be fine.

I am not really worried about friends since the I know most of them for year so not worried about that.

It's more about new people, or the others or world chat, or orgy rooms etc.

Let's be honest no one here would want twin that they don't know.

Yes, they can be mother Theresa or they can be meaniest fucker around you have no way of knowing.

I never seen this issue in any other online game, and when similar situation happened the dev team was quick to fix or force rename on the one.

Also the situation that both people have right on the nick isn't applicable when one have hundreds of gifts which have real money value and other have zero.

But honestly, I would settle with free rename to me and allowing me to keep my gifts since some of them have incredible value for me (nekorochi one :P )

however I am not deleting my avi I had for year just to avoid being trolled.

We recently discussed about it with my girl. the problem is not when people who know you meet these fakes, it's more when people who don't know you well who meet them and comment about what they do or say without knowing it's not you.

I don't know if it is possible to make lowercase L and uppercase i look different in game. But I think it would be interesting if our friends names appeared in a different color, as Leeloo suggested. At least our friends would know if the people they see doing whatever is trully us or not.

We recently discussed about it with my girl. the problem is not when people who know you meet these fakes, it's more when people who don't know you well who meet them and comment about what they do or say without knowing it's not you.

I don't know if it is possible to make lowercase L and uppercase i look different in game. But I think it would be interesting if our friends names appeared in a different color, as Leeloo suggested. At least our friends would know if the people they see doing whatever is trully us or not.

Mhm...I used my alts to try and protect the variations since I don't use alts anyway. As my Maitresse says it's not about meeting a fake in game because that would be easy to spot when you know the person but some of us have made commitments about our behaviour in game and trust is hugely important to that. (Well I have and I assume others have too) The potential to sow doubt about another's activities could be really harmful if used maliciously and it saddens me to say there are plenty in game who take perverse delight in this sort of behaviour.

The colour change for friends is a good idea...and probably easier than trying to find a font that doesn't make it easy to confuse right?

I don't know if it is possible to make lowercase L and uppercase i look different in game.

It already does look different in the game. Just look at the name in the context menu you use to access a player's profile or send a PM. There is a cursive font that clearly shows the difference between I and l.

To me, this thread is just another example of people who are too lazy to do due diligence whining about something that is different from how they want it. Sorry, but that is the truth. This issue has already been addressed and anybody who is fooled by a spoofed name has only themselves to blame.

Please show me how can I see player menu in gift section or world chat?

Oh wait you can't.

And so if player B is copying player A. So for example doing some mean trolling in world chat and then player C doesn't realize it and and says stuff to player A or tell their friends that player A did X and that no one should talk to them etc. How the fuck is that player A fault? Oh wait it is not. But that one ends as victim.

But yeah you should already get a coffin and gtfo from forums. Troll.

I really disagree on having to copy paste someones name out of world chat to see if they are fake or not -.- Do you suggest i do this for every person that talks xD

I can see the difference in a chat but.. It is very very slight and paying attention to something like that seems umm arduous..

I can not open context menu from world chat can i o.o or send a pm? Sure the context menu one is obvious but opening it is impossible if they are hiding in an apartment where you can now chat from :o

So to me, Sage Stoner, for the first time, your post seems like you are just trying to pick a fight you have no chance winning.

So to me, Sage Stoner, for the first time, your post seems like you are just trying to pick a fight you have no chance winning.

I'm not picking a fight, Rochi. I am merely stating my opinion.

If you don't like my characterization of what this thread is, feel free to tell me why. But as far as I am concerned, we all know that there are people in this game who spoof names to cause trouble. So if you see something that looks suspicious, it is up you you to do due diligence. That is my point, which you are free to disagree with.

This was a nice thread, just sad it had to turn sour. 

I sure won't say my own opinion here or I will need a coffin too.

About the gtfo, since I am not really in game anymore. I guess it already done.

Have fun everyone. 

While looking after yourself is healthy and all, you could think about others as well.. I get that some people will recognize a troublemaker, but meanwhile at least two third will not.

So for the greater good i do agree the font should be changed.

And yeah Riela should perhaps try and keep her calm.

Lol Skar :lol:

And no Rochi you do know that I linked you this " person " replies to my posts pasts months, He is clearly troll and picking fight at every possible topic. NEVER contributing anything useful just trying to bullshit people.

SO no there's no calm on my part he is troll and trolls should be banned, Simple as that.

And no Rochi you do know that I linked you this " person " replies to my posts pasts months, He is clearly troll and picking fight at every possible topic. NEVER contributing anything useful just trying to bullshit people.

You know what, if you have a problem with me, you should discuss it with me. Not "link" it to other people or talk shit about me in the forums.

If you don't like people who disagree with your opinion, fine. But I have never made personal insults about you, either in the forums or in the game. 

we all know that there are people in this game who spoof names to cause trouble

I didn't know that. Well, until I read this thread. I do know that they deal with it in other games.

Anyway, perhaps if you were to temper your remarks, in a more pleasant way...

To me, this thread is just another example of people who are too lazy to do due diligence whining about something that is different from how they want it. Sorry, but that is the truth.

No, it isn't the truth, it is your opinion. Two very different things.

Why do threads always turn into a slanging match?

Well, for the same reason that people trash threads with memes and other graphics: Because everyone has their own opinion. :P

And there is nothing wrong with that, either. I mean, I make an effort to meet people who disagree with me halfway. Sometimes it leads to dialog and sometimes it doesn't. 

No, it isn't the truth, it is your opinion. Two very different things.

See, this is what cracks me up when people insist that we all speak English. Not everyone understands English idioms the same way. In this particular case, when I said "Sorry, but that is the truth," it was intended to be synonymous with "Sorry, but that is my honest opinion." And that is exactly why I wrote "To me" at the beginning of the first sentence. To make it clear that I was expressing a personal opinion. 

I sure that there were many native speakers of American English who understood what I meant. On the other hand, I am equally certain that there were some speakers of American English and many people who are not native speakers of American English who interpreted my statement the way you did. However, I am not going to walk on eggshells everything I have something to say here. I state my opinion here frankly and clearly. But I freely admit that it is nothing more than my opinion unless I present evidence to show that I think it is a fact.