3DXChat Community

Let's Talk KB

DJSpicySweetZ

6 minutes ago, Johnfuzzy said:

Sighs..........must be that new core math everyone uses now. Today's math and computer lesson.

4 bits.......this is the number of bits per characters (letters, number, symbols, etc)

8 bits = 1 Byte

1,024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte

1,024,000 = 1 Megabyte.....so 3MBs = 3,072,000 Bytes.

3000kb = 2.92969MB

And before everyone gets their panties in a wad....I am 52......did computer programming by hand using pencil and paper (Calculators were forbidden, and were too expensive at the time), using Binary, Base 6, Base 8, RPG III using punch cards on an IBM mainframe. Our computer class had 19 IBM PC's.......8086 Intel processors, 64KB of RAM, and  one 20MB 8" hard drive with 2 5.25" 360KB floppy drives with green screens. We had 1 PC that had a 1 bit Hercules graphics card in it, that had 16 colors, and we thought that was the best damn thing we had ever seen.

I have never used a calculator in my life, and my math skills are far above the average.  I understand it is not exactly 3 mb, and you understood that I rounded the number off.  Don't go creating problems where there are none, just so you can show off your "skills".

*puts you on her ignore*

Edited by pretty

6 minutes ago, Johnfuzzy said:

Sighs..........must be that new core math everyone uses now. Today's math and computer lesson.

4 bits.......this is the number of bits per characters (letters, number, symbols, etc)

8 bits = 1 Byte

1,024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte

3000kb = 2.92969MB

And before everyone gets their panties in a wad....I am 52......did computer programming by hand using pencil and paper (Calculators were forbidden, and were too expensive at the time), using Binary, Base 6, Base 8, RPG III using punch cards on an IBM mainframe. Our computer class had 19 IBM PC's.......8086 Intel processors, 64KB of RAM, and  one 20MB 8" hard drive with 2 5.25" 360KB floppy drives with green screens. We had 1 PC that had a 1 bit Hercules graphics card in it, that had 16 colors, and we thought that was the best damn thing we had ever seen.

A one bit graphics card??? I'm not sure I would have paid extra for that.

Ps...I'm older than you and was an Assembler and RPGII programmer.  When I was learning we didn't even have screens - we used a teletype machine with punched paper tape for memory.

2 hours ago, Leopardus said:

A one bit graphics card??? I'm not sure I would have paid extra for that.

Ps...I'm older than you and was an Assembler and RPGII programmer.  When I was learning we didn't even have screens - we used a teletype machine with punched paper tape for memory.

2 hours ago, Johnfuzzy said:

8 bits = 1 Byte

1,024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte

3000kb = 2.92969MB

Back in tha day we used an Abacus, no fancy bits n bytes and poota screens... 91 Bead Memory was a good as eet got...and tha only game we could play on eet was clik clak. :P

4 hours ago, Johnfuzzy said:

8 bits = 1 Byte

1,024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte

3000kb = 2.92969MB

@Johnfuzzy Your comment is helpful to this topic how? Or are you just in need of a place to brag? To be honest you only show of as a nerdy "I know it all" and doesnt seem to be very helpfull at all....but i may be misstaken about your intentions? Or maby the topic changed to who knows most about PC's? i thought it was to help people get less laggy rooms in 3dxchat?

Edited by VenomousVixens

I come to notice that using letters takes up alot of size if you use them alot like i made 4 almost realistic alcohol bottles and went crazy placing them on shelves and my room went from 1.5mb to 7.5mb and when i pulled them out and placed low decal bottles on the shelves instead i ended up placing more bottles than i had and room size went under 2mb again.

Also you may have many duplicates as sometimes i notice i have 3 of everything so using chloe's remove duplicates program has been a big help to me, make sure that tick box is turned off though and it wont affect your original save it will make a clean.world file in the same folder

mjNMI2Q.png

diteVPQ.png

On 7/10/2020 at 5:11 AM, THX said:

I have been pushing the limits.

I am amazed at how many props you can use.  I gotta be in the neighborhood of several thousands and emitters with XXX Games. I expected it to lag...but not yet. 

So I will add another 1000 props.

lol thx :)