3DXChat Community

World Chat spam ... for a price!

Coldheart

This epic and earth shattering idea just came to me, Ok maybe it is neither and probably not original either, but the idea is add a feature to World Chat in the game where a member can indeed advertise their room for 300 xGold. You provide a button for it somewhere in the main chat interface specifically for World Chat, and also for the person who has posted the ad you also create a time restraint for when they can advertise their room again. Could be whatever range of time 3dx feels is appropriate, maybe 10 minutes, 15 minutes or even 30 minutes.

Also to prevent abusing this feature anyone having multiple members advertise the same room or party could be reported and subsequently all members involved could be suspended or banned (with visual proof).

One final feature to be added would be to somehow disable the "/me" option in world chat for regular messages and only allow it to work for room advertisements, obviously separating the two.

Finally there could maybe be an overall limit for each member advertising a room to advertise within a given 24 hour period, perhaps maybe four times for example, within that one day period.

If I spent 300 Gold to advertise I'd want to post it more than once. What's wrong with 50 Gold and charge 300 for posting political views in front of everyone? The politics is less 3DX-oriented than the spam. At least I'm being colded less often when people are angry, and I like that someone's last word would be kind of expensive.

4 hours ago, PluushPuussy said:

If I spent 300 Gold to advertise I'd want to post it more than once. What's wrong with 50 Gold and charge 300 for posting political views in front of everyone? The politics is less 3DX-oriented than the spam. At least I'm being colded less often when people are angry, and I like that someone's last word would be kind of expensive.

I don't care about political views, also if you read the suggestion correctly it says you can post more than once.

10 hours ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

I like the no ads in WC. I would hate to see them come back for any price.Β 

Β 

Definitely respect that opinion. Myself I have no need to advertise rooms because I have not opened one in at least 5 years, or at least not one I would even bother to advertise. Also I cannot say I have my finger on the pulse of where everyone stands with room advertisements either.