3DXChat Community

Ignore\Unfriend Feature Explained

JackPine

Since I am fairly new to game, my friend list is small.  I was in a room one day, and someone mentioned a friend's name in the local chat window.  I couldn't see her in room, however. I checked my list and this friend showed offline, and whom I had not seen online for quite some time.  A little later on, she no longer showed in my friend list.  Yesterday, I saw her at one of the local bars.  So my question is:

• Was I placed on her ignore list so I no longer could see her online and her avi in game?
  • Later did she unfriend me, allowing me to see her in game again?

That was my hunch, and since it would have been her decision to do so, I didn't approach her for an explanation.  It is her world to choose who to be friends with. 

Luckily I have no ego to get bruised.   🙂

Is my understanding of these features correct?

The Ignore function completely removes the other avatar from your client. 
You can no longer see their avatar or their chats at all. (This works both ways)

If someone is partnered with someone on your Ignore or who has ignored you. You see them interacting with air. 

If you try to view the profile of someone on your Ignore List. It shows up as:

”You can’t view this profile”

Edited by Derai

I typically don't view profiles of friends already in my list, so I can't say I ever saw the "You can't view this profile".  But now I am curious.  She definitely appears in game to me now, and does not disappear.  And I could view her profile.  In this case did I move from ignored list to unfriend list?  Can you undo an unfriend?

I have yet to need any of these features, and do hope to never have to.  Might as well be prepared, though.  

Oh, and in the case she peruses the board and sees this.  I wish you fun and happiness!  Enjoy the game!!

Due to desync issues, you might come across "invisible" people a lot. Their avatar simply doesn't load for your client, this might even happen with people you've actually seen before... they vanish.

If this is the case, you can fix this issue by having the affected player perform an action of any kind, like hugging someone. The other option is to have either you or the affected player rejoin the room until it's fixed.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I have a question about ignore and unfriend.  I had a friend on my friends list, and she still shows up on the list, as an online person, but her profile is marked "Can't view this profile."  Can I be ignored and the person is still on my friends list?

32 minutes ago, JellyJones said:

Ok, so I have a question about ignore and unfriend.  I had a friend on my friends list, and she still shows up on the list, as an online person, but her profile is marked "Can't view this profile."  Can I be ignored and the person is still on my friends list?

Yes