3DXChat Community

Effects and strain.

BadWord

My question is this. When using effects like Glow, Fireflies and let´s say water. Wich ones cause the most strain for people entering the room? 

I want to use a lot of them, but I also want to be able to host the place.

I think it's usually player load that slows players games down, but I'm sure if you used heaps of animated effects, it would drag..specially if there are 70+ players

2 hours ago, BadWord said:

My question is this. When using effects like Glow, Fireflies and let´s say water. Wich ones cause the most strain for people entering the room? 

I want to use a lot of them, but I also want to be able to host the place.

the strongest are smoke, steam, fog and fire, trees, lightning.

As @Manyasha  said reflective surffaces will give you much strain cause you will have to calculate all those reflections 

for example you have a almost non reflective floor (texture) and a reflective one meaning in second case more stuff to be calculated .

i used to like the glossy texture especialy the white but i stopped using it for 2 major reasons  ...reason 1 made my avi body look weird giving it an oily look  and reason 2 is reflctions metals do same but way more ..so personaly i use solid fabricks fro floor and ceiling again for 2 reasons make my avi look nice (no oily look ) and also almost 0 reflections :)