• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 indianjack

indianjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:02 AM

OK just bought 3dxchat and managed to find basic game manual on line and it states:

"After you entered the game with your very first character you will find yourself in your "Home 1".

The ingame tutorial will start right away, please follow it as it teaches you how to move around,

how to decorate/change your home and how you can change your avatar appearance/appearal.

If you want to go trough the tutorial any time in future, open the "Menu" by clicking the button at

the top right (alternativ ESC). Find at the bottom of the dialog "Reset Tutorial".

Problem is the tutorial never started, furthermore the menu has no option to start it. I did manage to create my character and walk around a bit, but I need help. another problem is the game takes the whole screen so I can't switch back and forth between the manual and the game to learn how to play. I loaded the manual on my lap top, but need that tutorial. If I am unable to get some help soon I will be calling the BMT micro corp and demanding my money back

#2 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

I never saw a tutorial at any stage when I joined, I've never heard of one and don't think anyone else has ever enjoyed such a thing. What I can say re the fullscreen issue, is that if I put the game into 'windowed mode' buttons disappear and I have to hit ESC  to open the settings menu and tinker around to get it back to fullscreen again so I can see all the buttons, it does play up. But if I need to get out of the game and look at something online or on my desktop or elsewhere, I hit the Windows key and it will enable me to get out and do other things while the game is still running.

Maybe if you have specific problems using the game list them in detail here and we can assist you.

#3 RobT

RobT

Big Daddy Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

game tutorial was disabled a long time ago, sucked anyways. go to your settings and click window mode. may have to mess with the resolution for it to properly have a window you like

#4 RobT

RobT

Big Daddy Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

your window may be to big now and you cant see settings button , if thats the case hit esc on your keyboard and then settings or F1 will take you directly to settings screen

EeYy9S2YSrG0JPpdkAQHjw.png

#5 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

I will add something about basic navigation and moving your avatar around. The left mouse button when clicked on the floor makes your avi walk there. Basically wherever you click, you walk to. Even if you go to the public beach and click right on the other side of the beach map, your avi will keep walking until it reaches the point at which you clicked. The right mouse button when held down and mouse moved will rotate the camera. The best way I have found to walk around is to left-click anywhere in the general direction I want to go, then hold down the right mouse button to adjust the camera position so I can see where I am heading, the mouse wheel will zoom in and out also. Then keep clicking to correct. It is important to know that each new left-click will replace the previous left-click, so in this way you can just keep doing small corrective clicks to adjust the exact direction and pathway you are taking and your avi will follow each new one. Try doing this; go to the public beach where it is wide open and you have room to walk all around, or even the Western Saloon map which has lots of open space, you will find that in closed indoor spaces it is much harder to practice. Left-click about 20 feet in front of you and as you start walking, make smaller continuous left-clicks in front of you, then make more to the sides, and even behind. You will soon see how it works, your avi will keep changing directions as you make new clicks. Try walking in circles by clicking constantly to the side so you walk around in a full circle. As your avi moves around, hold down the right mouse button and flick the mouse to adjust the view. Eventually you will get the hang of it. When you wish to stop in a certain spot, click it and when your avi reaches it, it will just stand in that spot. To turn around and face opposite, click a few feet behind you and your avi will turn around and stand still.

Another method of moving the camera is called Flycam. If you hit F5 it will detatch the camera from your avi, and using the WASD keys (also arrow keys if you prefer) you can fly the camera around anywhere with no limits while your avi stays in the same place. Hit F6 to bounce back to where you are and return to normal mode. One use for this is say you enter a club, you find a nice spot to dance, and choose a dance move, you can then enter Flycam by hitting F5 and then move around the place and check profiles and no-one will know you are there, they will see your avi still dancing where you left it. Use right-mouse button and hold to correct your direction if you are just using W to move in a forward direction. Holding down left shift and W at the same time will make it go twice as fast. In Flycam mode, left-click still works, so you can click people to look at profiles, also furniture with commands in them to start them, but in this mode never click a floor surface because your avi will start to try to walk to where you clicked and you won't realize because you aren't there. If you are partnered with someone and are in Flycam mode, you can fly to a bed or couch for instance, click it and choose a pose and when they accept, you will both instantly go to that object and begin, no matter how far away that object is. When the partnership is stopped, you will bounce back to where you were before you flew there, minus your clothes. Again, go to somewhere like the beach or Saloon which are both large and expansive and practice flying around in this mode, hit F5 to enter it and F6 to bounce back when you are done. You will see that there is no distance limit to how far you can fly, on a night map try flying to the moon using W and left shift, or you can go up to where the seagulls are flying in the sky on the beach.

#6 Bixie

Bixie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

Having a similar issue logging into the game ( joined Jan. 17th )  I have 3DXChat 2.5 beta, build 370 for reference.

I have my avatar made and each time I log in to zone to a location the camera mode is on and I have to click it to open which has third person cam checked.  I check interface then comes up saying I lost connection in a red box -  reconnect.   I relog and sometimes it takes several attempts, plus its also a fight to get music to sync once I relog, try again to try to play.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thank you

#7 NiceKati

NiceKati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

For those who got stuck with the "official", outdated game instructions:

I made New Basic Game Instructions in english and german language

for download and print as pdf files.

• chaostika, KYUSS, 3DX Help and 2 others like this

#8 SniperGirl

SniperGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationScouseland - UK

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Keyboard_tutorial.jpg

• chaostika, KYUSS and Rodin like this

#9 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

I live in Australia, but I have always used EU Proxy connection on log-in, I heard a long time ago it was a more stable connection and I never have any trouble with it.

#10 Deeborah

Deeborah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

"Press Spacebar to Jump" ... Mmmhhh I never tried that when sit not alone on a sofa .... I look forward testing it ....   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• SniperGirl likes this

#11 Bixie

Bixie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:16 AM

Wonderful 2018 Basic game instruction.  

This really should be pinned for new players to refer too.

Thank you for your work NiceKati.

For those who got stuck with the "official", outdated game instructions:

I made New Basic Game Instructions in english and german language

for download and print as pdf files.

#12 NiceKati

NiceKati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

Keyboard_tutorial.jpg

Sorry, but I do not understand what you want to tell us by this:

It does not fit for 3DXC: the A and D key do not turn the camera, but move it parrallel sideways, while turning is done by moving the mouse sideways,

and the spacebar gives no jump function, why should a camera jump?

#13 Rodin

Rodin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts
  • LocationIm a Vagabond

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Sorry, but I do not understand what you want to tell us by this:

It does not fit for 3DXC: the A and D key do not turn the camera, but move it parrallel sideways, while turning is done by moving the mouse sideways,

and the spacebar gives no jump function, why should a camera jump?

ego shooter standard keyboard configuration! Sniper Girl is joking that's all  ;) 

‚Äč

• Briana and SniperGirl like this

#14 NiceKati

NiceKati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:24 PM

ok, sorry, stupid me :rolleyes:

My only excuse ist that I do not play ego shooters... perhaps I should :unsure:

#15 SniperGirl

SniperGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationScouseland - UK

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:39 AM

I was totally joking NiceKati! Haha I'm sorry I didn't mean it on a bad way, it was meant to be like a silly joke that's all!  :lol: 

And you totally need to play shooting games! *giggles*

#16 Bixie

Bixie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:58 AM

Starting to think that forum moderators yet alone game developers read this section much.   :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new user

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users