3DXChat Community

[Poll] Ignore System

Gizmo

301 members have voted

1. 1. What is better?

• Account wide block, I don't care if anybody find my alt characters
    • Character block (no one can find your alts)
    • Only one character per account

Yes I agree, although I think it would be good to be able to do something IP wide there would be a few problems not able to be got around.

As someone pointed out earlier there are some households where more than one player plays where it may be that they don't want to have that let known.

And in my country anyway you only have to re boot your modem to get a new IP.

But maybe there is something can be done, still worth some thought on it I think but likely not an option.

Riela may still have some ideas on it or maybe we haven't understood what she means exactly.

Global account handles is how this is solved in other games. 

Example Character1@GlobalAccountHandle, Character2@GlobalAccountHandle, Character3@GlobalAccountHandle most games that have these also allow role players to play without them shown.

So if Twiggy for instance wanted to see who was the player they would see Character1@GlobalAccountHandle. If ExHaran wanted to just see characters, they would see it as Character1

Global account handles also allow people to use the same names so you don't have to have LeroyJenkins69 LeroyJenkins1124 LerooooyJenkins all running around, you could have a bunch of Leroy Jenkins@GlobalAccountHandle since the global account handles are different.

I have thought about what Euk has shown here quite a bit now thinking it goes very close but didn't quite cover as much as was needed.

It also as she says has been tried and proven elsewhere which should stand for something.

I think a couple of additions to it could not only have it go a long way into putting a big dent in a good deal of the problems but could also add a little to the game.

So risking being bagged flamed and insulted again I will show what I have come up with from it.

We do what Euks example shows as global account handles, but we make them like a surname, ie ..  Twiggy Peters, if I then make an alt called Titch, it is also assigned the surname, Titch Peters and so on.

We have it so the surname can be shown or not shown by selection in our controls somewhere, So people who do not want to show which account it is from can do if they wish. It would just be Twiggy or Titch would show.

Yes this would still make a distinction between players who do or don't show their surname and people who do not would not be awarded the same amount of trust as the ones that do, the big difference is it would be their choice and not something forced on them.

We also allow married couples to select one of their surnames to be used for both and give them one of 2 options.

1, they can have it so they can turn the surname off the same as anyone else.

or

2. they have it so both are not able to turn the surname off.

I think it is obvious why the 2 different selections so I won't go into that.

Once set can only be changed when both make the change.

Also we add a feature to reports.

When a person is reported, and please don't forget that all reports must have screenshots before they are even considered, when they do that and found guilty 1 of 2 things can happen depending on the severity of what they did.

1, The surname of the offender is given to the person who did the report.

2. The surname is set to always shown on all their avis and cannot be turned off, maybe for a period of time.

Or if bad enough can be banned as it is now.

Now yes it may create work for the devs for these reports.

Maybe they could ask for volunteers to view the reports and then the devs need only flick the switch.

I think that decision should be left to Gizmo on how much work it could involve and what he would be prepared to do and not attempted to be decided by us.

[...]

the idea is interessing, realy ^^, on more than one point, but i thinks that she be a little useless now, she would be interessing in a ignore avi world, but i thinks that a lot of work for nothing right now, she is overwhelmed by the return of the global account ignore ^^

the real problem now is the multi account, and sadly that will not help again it :/

but i'm sure a surname option will please those that play married couple :P, but that need to be keep as a optional thing XD personaly i cant picture myself with a surname stuck on my nickname, i will not like it ^^

Maybe they could ask for volunteers to view the reports and then the devs need only flick the switch.

no no no no T_T, please never, real employee one ok (that not player, and have access to the log), but never ever come back with volunteers modo :/, that just more drama... we already tested that

Not really sure having same name possible a good idea Euk with a globalaccount system, if someone out to hurt others they would just try to make same name and copy person look. Pretend they were that person to try cause that person drama.

But also think in general system will hurt more than it will help, would cause people to get witch hunted or discriminated if they play different genders. Even if they're both obvious about it and with no intend of hunting anyone, Will create even more suspicious climate and everyone gonna trying to check who is who, which i feel will really take this a step closer to being a dating game, rather than a virtual sex game with social elements.

People listen  here, I AM DONE AND TIRED THAT FOR SAME 10 PEOPLE COMPLAINING OF HARASSMENT EVERY SINGLE DEV SHOULD CATER FOR THERE NEEDS. PEOPLE WHO KEEP SAY THAT REAL LIFE DOESN'T APPLY HERE OR IS NOT EVEN A THING BUT AGAIN COMPLAIN ABOUT HARASSMENT IN GAME IF IS NOT A RL THREATENING EVENT BLOCK AND WALK ON THIS IS NOT YOURS OR YOUR FAMILY GAME, SAME GOES FOR THE PEOPLE THAT EVEN HERE IN FORUM USE FAKE NAMES OR LACK OF PRESENTATION BUT WANT TO LABEL OTHERS, DO WELL GET ON YOUR PROFILE WHAT YOU WANT THAN WHEN SOMEONE STEP OUT OF LINE BLOCK IT BUT MAKE SURE YOU LABEL YOURSELF S FIRST, AND YES YOU ARE IN THIS THREAD. WHAT WILL BE NEXT AGE AS IT STATES ON YOUR PASSPORT GET BACK ON REALITY FOR ALL THAT CLOSE PC HEAD BK IN RL.

FOR EVERYTHING IN THIS LIFE VL OR RL IT TAKES FOR AT LEAST 2 PERSONS TO DO ANYTHING ITS CALLED ACTION AND REACTION TO MUCH DRAMA IN YOUR LIFE FROM TO MANY PEOPLE THAT BECOME SUCH A BURDEN ?

MAYBE ITS TIME TO CHANGE YOURSELF , WHEN ONE SAY YOU WRONG , YOU 50/50 % OK, 2 PERSONS TELL YOU SAME THING THAN YOU START WONDER MAYBE ITS ME? BUT WHEN  3 F PERSONS OR MORE SAY SAME ONE PERSON SAME THING THAN YOU ARE WHATEVER THEY SAY MAYBE YOU HAVE TO LOOK WITHIN AND CHANGE.

PLEASE DEVS CATER TO OTHER STUFF LIKE PROPS, POSES, MAYBE NEW ROOMS, FURNITURE, CLOTHES MORE OPTION FOR AVATAR EDIT AND SO ON. YOU HAVE ALREADY IN PLACE A SYSTEM IT IS CALLED REPORT SYSTEM WHO FEELS THREATEN OR FEELS SOMEONE IS IN BREACH OF T&C EVERYONE AGREED TO ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS PROVIDE PROOF AND BE DONE WITH,

WHY THEY DO NOT DO IT ? 

SIMPLE :  THEY PART OF THE PROBLEM NOT THE SOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

HOW CAN THEY SEND SS IF THOSE SS WOULD SHOW THEM BE AS OR MORE BELLIGERENT THAN THE OTHER PERSON , THEY WOULD END UP ON SAME LIST. SO THEY WANT LABELS FOR ALL OF US IN ORDER FOR THEM TO BE ABLE TO EVEN MORE CLASSIFY PEOPLE, PUT THEM IN CLASSES, SEPARATE THEM IN IDEOLOGIES AND THINGS YOU LIKE AND DON'T. 

I CAME HERE CAUSE EVERYONE CAN BE WHO THEY WANNA BE, IF SOMEONE LIKES THE TRUTH AND ONLY BUT THE TRUTH THAT IS FULLY AVAILABLE WHEN THEY LOOK IN MIRROR NOT IN THIS PERFECT DONE AVAS NOT IN THE REAL LIFE NOT WHEN YOU TALK TO THE UTMOST HOLY MAN ON THIS EARTH AT ONE POINT YOU GET DECEIVED YOU LEARN TO GATHER YOURSELF UP AND  MOVE FORWARD.

YOU ARE RIGHT ONE THING ONLY IT IS NOT RL IN RL YOU DON'T HAVE IGNORE BUTTON A STALKER STAY A STALKER HERE YOU HAVE, USE IT  FOR EVERY ONE MOVE AND CLICK YOU DO ONE LESS TAG ITS NEEDED AND I AM ALL AGAINST TAGS COLORS AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT WOULD STAIN THE PURPOSE THIS VIRTUAL WORLDS WERE MADE.

REMEMBER WHY FIRST VL WAS CREATED SO ALL MAN AND WOMEN REGARDLESS OF COLOR , AGE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION AND DISABILITY TO BE ABLE TO LIVE A LIFE AS THEY'D WISH FOR FAR FROM LABELS OF SEXUAL, RACE OR HEALTH DISCOMFORT. PLEASE DEVS DON'T EVEN THINK AT THIS THING MOVE YOUR INTEREST ON REMOVING CHARGES FROM AVATARS, MAKE MORE STUFF FOR US AND BRING FREEDOM NOT COMMUNISM OR MILITARY DICTATORSHIP AS SOME WOULD LIKE. WHAT NEXT MAKE A DATABASE FOR ALL CONVERSATIONS? STORE IP FOR LATER RECONNAISSANCE AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE  ? COME ON LEAVE BABYSITTING FOR CHILDREN NOT ADULTS WHO CRY FOR TEACHERS WHEN THEIR TOY WAS TAKEN BY THE OTHER KID.

TY FOR READING BUT IF YOU READ HOPE NOT CHOOSE READ BETWEEN THE LINES THERE IS NOTHING BETWEEN THEM ALL I HAD TO SAY I DID AND I WILL DO ALWAYS WITHOUT FEAR OF ANYONE IF I THINK SOMETHING IS RIGHT. AND THIS IS RIGHT NOT JUST BY ME OR FOR ME BUT FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR PRIVACY, AND THEIR RIGHTS. YOU WANT YOUR RIGHTS TAKEN FORM YOU YOU WANT YOUR IDENTITY TO BE BRUSHED AND WASHED IN FRONT OF EVERYONE THAT BRINGS BAD OMEN FROM PEOPLE NOT GOOD IN THEM HAVE THAT IN CALCULATION WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR OPINION FOR IF YOU MARK SOMEONE HE WILL MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT AND HE WILL COME AT YOU TENFOLD HARDENED AND WHAT YOU DO THAN LIMIT GAME MEMBERSHIP? REDUCE YOUR INCOME? MAYBE EVERYONE THINK THIS IS AN N.G.O OR SOMETHING AND NOT A BUSINESS. FOR EVERY PEOPLE THAT CRY HERE FOR LABELS THERE ARE 4 OUT THERE WHO NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS CAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW OR ARE INTERESTED ABOUT OUR FORUMS. THEY COME HAVE FUN AND THAT ALL. IN OUT. BUT FOR THIS 1 OUT OF 4 YOU DO CHANGES THAT INFLUENCES ALL AND AS A RESULT YOU END UP LOOSING SUBSCRIBERS WHO WERE TOLD THEY FOLLOW ALREADY YOUR R&R, T&C , AND THEY DONT KNOW WHY THEY END UP LABELED. YOUR 1 OUT OF 5 SAY THEY DO NOT COUNT WELL THINK FOR YOURSELF DO THEY COUNT OR NO, AND IF NO I TELL YOU THINK AGAIN, 1 OUT OF 4 BETTER WITHOUT THEM AND NO MORE HEADACHE FOR YOU CATERING FOR KIDS LIKE EXPECTATIONS AND IN SAME TIME LESS LOSS IN INCOME BASIC 1-1 ECONOMY.

TY AND STAY SAFE HAPPY AND PLAYFUL  EVERYONE

NO TO TAGS,COLORED NAMES AND ANY OTHER PRIVACY INVADING DOCTRINES CAUSE THEY BECOME DOCTRINES ALREADY. THEY BEEN ALL TRIED NEVER WORKED GOOD.

The above comment has got to be the most childish, incorrect and unconstructive post I have seen in these forums.

you are one of the loud cry baby's around on this and many other threats you are one of the people wo say rl does not matter here tho you say you feel threaten bullied and so on how goes that without the rl component . 

small advice open door close PC stay there make your small bubble live rest of life with yourself. No? Than label yourself use ignore buton use report button / options and let the developing to developers .

You an adult learn already how to avoid drama and or problems and how to go over them.

that constructive enough for your belligerent troublesome person? see? action reaction u and me are 2 persons poof construction and sample of what i told 

I see dead people..... Oh wait that is just the people I blocked lol :P

I feel the Devs are doing a great job with trying to make us happy.

It takes alot for me to block someone, they have to really piss me off. Just remember all Avis have someone behind them. It does not matter if it was "avi 1" or "avi 2" that said something to get on my nerves. It is still the same account. So my vote is to block all on the account.