3DXChat Community

Make the friendlist account wide

Veronique

Making friendlist account wide  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have an account wide friendlist?

• YES, you should see 2nd avas of your friends in friendlist
    • NO, 2nd avas of friends should not be shown

Oh here we go with the privacy thing again.

Tell me where having colored names for alts takes from your privacy or your anonymity.

What sickens me as everyone seems to want to say, is how people are so willing to have things left in a way where it is made so easy for people to be able to do these things.

Someone gets pissed off with someone, they make an alt and go out to destroy them, no ones going to know so why worry.

Someone wants to cheat on a commitment they made to someone, they make an alt, no one will know you're an alt. it's easy, why worry.

Someone wants to deceive people pretending they are the other sex, they make an alt, no one will even know you are an alt, let alone who you are.

You want to insert your influence on people to do what you want them to do, you make an alt, it's not you doing it, it is someone else.

No one will know any difference, they appear the same as anyone else and it is very hard to tell if you are being had.

It happens far to much because it is far to easy to do.

Maybe we should be awarded 1 gold for every time someone says bloody alts to us, we would all be rich then and maybe we could put up with all the crap it causes a bit easier.

There are so many things that people are using alts for that sickens me using the excuse it is just a game so anything goes, but those same people will not do that with their main avis because they don't want to be seen to be doing the wrong thing.

So before you go using the term "what sickens me" start thinking about what really is sickening in the place.

Oh here we go with the privacy thing again.

Tell me where having colored names for alts takes from your privacy or your anonymity.

What sickens me as everyone seems to want to say, is how people are so willing to have things left in a way where it is made so easy for people to be able to do these things.

Someone gets pissed off with someone, they make an alt and go out to destroy them, no ones going to know so why worry.

Someone wants to cheat on a commitment they made to someone, they make an alt, no one will know you're an alt. it's easy, why worry.

Someone wants to deceive people pretending they are the other sex, they make an alt, no one will even know you are an alt, let alone who you are.

You want to insert your influence on people to do what you want them to do, you make an alt, it's not you doing it, it is someone else.

No one will know any difference, they appear the same as anyone else and it is very hard to tell if you are being had.

It happens far to much because it is far to easy to do.

Maybe we should be awarded 1 gold for every time someone says bloody alts to us, we would all be rich then and maybe we could put up with all the crap it causes a bit easier.

There are so many things that people are using alts for that sickens me using the excuse it is just a game so anything goes, but those same people will not do that with their main avis because they don't want to be seen to be doing the wrong thing.

It detracts from privacy because no one should know who is behind the avatar, unless they are told. Most of my friends know my alts, and I've even gone so far as to post a screenshot of my alts page before, for some reason I can't remember. However, when *I* as a person choose to load into the game as someone no one knows, that is my prerogative. It's pretty rare that I do it, but it has happened in the past. 

It is not the games fault that there are shitty people, lots of shitty people. Shitty people who devote way too much time and emotion into this game, and the shitty people who feed on them and deceive them. I should not have my actions limited or my alts highlighted because of these two groups of people. If you can't make friendships and manage your own thoughts and feelings when it comes to other people being shitty people, maybe you shouldn't play the game. 

I'm very deeply emotionally invested in a couple of people here, to the point that they know real actual information about who I am outside of my avatar and random bullshit. Would it sting a bit if they lied to me? Yes. There are few things they can do that would truly hurt me, nothing that they can do to hurt me to a point to try to impose restrictions or less privacy on the rest of the users.

I play the game with a few key points in mind:

1. No matter who I am talking to, they are presenting an online persona in a sex game.

2. If I would be upset finding out that she is really a he (or vice versa) than I am a shitty person who invested too much into their online persona.

3. Never give out a photograph or piece of information you do not want the entirety of the internet to see or know about.

But seriously, it all boils down to the amount you are willing to proactively protect yourself and your feelings. You can't blame a vampire for drinking your blood if you're running around sticking your neck out.

In other arguments you talk about cheating, and I've heard some doozies on what people consider cheating, while I've heard a lot of other moderately sad stories about it too. To me the that just comes down to people trying to force some type of societal norms of relationships into a game that's all about sex, and are surprised when people want to have sex. There have been legitimate issues with people not feeling they can be open about wants and desires cheating, and that's on them, I don't think they are shitty people for wanting to do 'taboo' things and finding an outlet to fulfill it. I think it's shitty on the couple as a whole for one feeling unable to open up to the other about a desire. It's more sad that a person is in a relationship on a sex game and feels that they have to create an alt to get their fetishes met. Who are you to try to limit that for anyone?

It takes away the privacy of someone just wanting to do something outside of their friends. Maybe a person likes to participate in orgies and never wants the participant to see them again after. Avi created for fulfilling kinks and fetishes such as public sex, etc. highlighting a name draws attention to people playing the game as intended and makes them subject to witch hunts. How long before people are running around trying to find out who is attached to the avatar with a blue name? Pretty much what Brun said lol.

Having the alt avi does not take away from the main avi, it simply shows that it's an alt and that's it.  Why should anyone be offended being on an alt if they're not doing something that is offensive or hurting to others in the game.

Having a color for New avatars just allows people to know it's not an alt so they actually might get talked to instead of being blown off as it does happen far too often.

The whole point of this is trust. It's not violating your privacy of being on an alt avi as it's not telling what your main avi is, just that you're an alt.

I like many others limited my real information in the game and only have contact with a few outside of here.  Many of us here can give a list of things they've experienced.  As my post from earlier, that is one of the best examples that I can give regarding the use of the alt avis and why some feel something needs to be done to protect users.  All points should be taken into consideration if anything is to be done.

While this is a game, it's not just about sex as many have pointed out on here and in game, there are Users that are here for just sex.

Having the alt avi does not take away from the main avi, it simply shows that it's an alt and that's it.  Why should anyone be offended being on an alt if they're not doing something that is offensive or hurting to others in the game.

Having a color for New avatars just allows people to know it's not an alt so they actually might get talked to instead of being blown off as it does happen far too often.

The whole point of this is trust. It's not violating your privacy of being on an alt avi as it's not telling what your main avi is, just that you're an alt.

I like many others limited my real information in the game and only have contact with a few outside of here.  Many of us here can give a list of things they've experienced.  As my post from earlier, that is one of the best examples that I can give regarding the use of the alt avis and why some feel something needs to be done to protect users.  All points should be taken into consideration if anything is to be done.

While this is a game, it's not just about sex as many have pointed out on here and in game, there are Users that are here for just sex.

So instead of blanket discrimination based on what a player makes up in their own mind about seeing another player, you want to legitimize the discrimination by showing alts/new players in another color? Right now the only information you can gather about a player is what they tell you and what is seen in their profile, therefore it is up to you to make the decision whether they are an alt or not. Why mark them out and allow for them to be harrassed as alts, why? To protect some elses feefees because they couldn't bother to protect themselves?

Where do we draw the line on who we label? Do we label alts based on alts because some users don't have the emotional capacity to handle it? You're truly disgusted by it? I'm disgusted by people who think they should be labeled, I'm very disgusted by those trying to have some form of exclusive relationship here where cheating is a thing, can we label them too, because it's something I am against? Do we want to start labeling all genders based on information gathered on signup? What about races? Should we mark all the races out so people can be sure they only talk to people who are 100% honest about their skin color and nationality? Shall we highlight players based on if they ever entered a public sex room? Mark them out for joining a room with the word orgy in it, I say! 

I hope all of these sound ludicrous to you, because they are.

Nothing can be done to protect users if they are not willing to protect themselves.

It IS a sex game, human beings, little bags of flesh like you and I, are the ones tacking on other meanings to a multiplayer virtual chat room with sex animations. 

So instead of blanket discrimination based on what a player makes up in their own mind about seeing another player, you want to legitimize the discrimination by showing alts/new players in another color? Right now the only information you can gather about a player is what they tell you and what is seen in their profile, therefore it is up to you to make the decision whether they are an alt or not. Why mark them out and allow for them to be harrassed as alts, why? To protect some elses feefees because they couldn't bother to protect themselves?

Where do we draw the line on who we label? Do we label alts based on alts because some users don't have the emotional capacity to handle it? You're truly disgusted by it? I'm disgusted by people who think they should be labeled, I'm very disgusted by those trying to have some form of exclusive relationship here where cheating is a thing, can we label them too, because it's something I am against? Do we want to start labeling all genders based on information gathered on signup? What about races? Should we mark all the races out so people can be sure they only talk to people who are 100% honest about their skin color and nationality? Shall we highlight players based on if they ever entered a public sex room? Mark them out for joining a room with the word orgy in it, I say! 

I hope all of these sound ludicrous to you, because they are.

Nothing can be done to protect users if they are not willing to protect themselves.

It IS a sex game, human beings, little bags of flesh like you and I, are the ones tacking on other meanings to a multiplayer virtual chat room with sex animations. 

I never said I was disgusted by it, allow me to be clear on that.  I simply pointed out a few parts of the game, like others have.  We are entitled to our opinions as long as we don't break the rules while voicing them.

The only ones that seems to be offended by this are the ones that are out to hurt others. 

While I'll continue to point out there are many that use it to CHAT not just for sex as it's clearly stated in 3DXChat and REAL MONEY is paid to be on here, it doesn't matter if it's $20, $56 or $92.

Other venues have stricter policies in place even when offering more than one avi, while others only allow you one.  They do this to protect the Users of the game they PAY REAL MONEY and should be able to be on there without an issue.  There are a few that are straight forward about what and how they prefer to play the game, THAT'S being honest so they don't break the trust of those they meet.

It's not blanket discrimination at all if the rules are revised to explain the changes, which can be done at any time. Sometimes being new people are left with a bad taste in their mouth of this game because of how they're treated because people think they're an alt avi of someone else or get treated poorly when they go to speak to someone because they didn't look at a profile or made a PM to them and talked to nastily.

People tend to forget that there is person behind the avi, as my signature shows, there is a part of us in our avi.  For me, I have two ways, cold and cut-throat or nice and kind, it's how you treat a person that makes the difference.

While whatever is stated, I can say this, while sitting in a room, the PMs of what is said or done about someone that you know can blow your mind and a good bit of the time, it's not even true.

I just tell people to observe, it comes in hand when seeing things as it's the best advice I can give anyone that plays on here.

words

And I pay REAL MONEY so that I can get on my account and not have my details beyond what I CHOOSE TO DISPLAY given to other people.

Also I blocked your sig because it's huge and annoying.

I'm one of the most real people you'll probably meet around here, so lets not insinuate only those offended are those trying to hurt other people.

99% of the time I'm on this game, I'm chatting or doing other silly things or testing things, sex stuff happens when it happens, just usually on Skype for me lately, just how it goes.  I use the game a certain way, but that does not mean that it is not a sex game, that it's purpose isn't for hookups, or that it is something that it is not because I use it as yet another chat program. The people wanting this shouldn't be trying to limit or tack on their notions of what should happened based on how they use the game, and rather keep things open the way they are. While there are other games that give you less for the money we pay for subs here a month, there are other games that give you more, though not necessarily in this genre. 

The rules don't need a reworking or a change because that would add more to the bullshit reports that devs get, and as someone who has been reported (allegedly) a multitude of times for really hilarious things that others see as breaking the rules, giving these self righteous people who think they are better than anyone else another line of bugging the devs, would be horrible. They don't even enforce rules or investigate claims of real actual harassment as it is (as far as I am aware, from hearing things from others). 

Does it suck that people are judged based on others thinking they are someone elses avis? Yep. Sure does. Guess what, though, it isn't going to make anyone want to talk to someone more based on what color they have over their heads or not. I don't know about you, but I can easily afford another account. You act like putting colors above peoples heads are going to fix things when it won't, at all. People who are paranoid enough to lash out at any avatar they talk to thinking they are an alt, won't calm down if colors are introduced. People who are shitty enough to make alts won't magically stop finding ways to get around it and continue messing with people.

A user can't be protected if they refuse to protect themselves.

The only ones that seems to be offended by this are the ones that are out to hurt others. 

Are you saying that I am out to hurt people because I don't want everyone to know when I'm on an alt? 

While I'll continue to point out there are many that use it to CHAT not just for sex as it's clearly stated in 3DXChat and REAL MONEY is paid to be on here, it doesn't matter if it's $20, $56 or $92.

Other venues have stricter policies in place even when offering more than one avi, while others only allow you one.  They do this to protect the Users of the game they PAY REAL MONEY and should be able to be on there without an issue.  There are a few that are straight forward about what and how they prefer to play the game, THAT'S being honest so they don't break the trust of those they meet.

Yes. It's true, many use 3DX primarily for chat, but that's just how they choose to use a sex game. At the end of the day most people are here to just get their rocks off or to play out a kinky fantasy they may have. This actually ties into the ability of having anonymous alts, if that fantasy is a particularly naughty one.

Please explain. What is it that users need protection from? I have never had a negative experience related to alts in over a year and a half that I've been subscribed. Perhaps those that systematically run into problems with them should rethink how they choose to play this game. 

If other "venues" have policies that make you feel safer then perhaps they will be a better bang for your buck. As I see it, the current system is not in need of any changes.

After paying for a month, I ended up paying $92 for a year after one month and shall leave it there as it was not something I should have done.  Not everyone will write here because they feel what they say gets twisted and yes it does or that someone will have a go at what they state, which again happens.  Nothing of having a color to an alt avi is giving up YOUR right to privacy, it's simply showing it's an alt, no where does it state who it belongs to. 

Go ahead and block my signature because you think it's huge and annoying but there are many others that are just as big that well I could care less to block or ignore.

Instead of insinuating what I'm saying, read it as it's what many think.

I know the rules have been broken and people get reported for it all the time, some get reported out of spite, it happens.

I could just as easily buy another account but why would I.  The whole point of this topic is to make it easier to identify not who is on what alt avi but that it's an alt avi.

I never said this isn't a sex game, it is also for chatting like many other venues out there.

I'm not going by just one group of people, it's over all.   No one should have to be on pins and needles while they PAY REAL MONEY like everyone else because RESPECT isn't given.  At one point in time, when I first started, I actually thought this was supposed to be an Adult site, I don't think that anymore and haven't for a while.

I wasn't saying about reworking the rules just simply adding to them called a revision which many companies do to protect themselves in the end.  That doesn't mean that everyone is going to keep the devs busy because of reporting people.

I've been on here long enough to see many things, how the game is played and so on.  I'm one that usually quiet and tactful.  I'll leave my comments on people getting reported to the devs.

To make it perfectly clear, if people would learn to mind their own business which doesn't happen, many wouldn't have to have walls up and protect themselves from others.

I AM NOT THE ONLY WHO HAS MADE COMMENTS ON THIS POST THAT FEEL THE EXACT WAY OF MANY OTHERS, I JUST USE MY OPINION ON THE MATTER, JUST LIKE YOU!

As far as other games giving far less than what's paid for here, There are many out there that are FREE to an extent and give so much more.

As they say:  "The grass isn't always green on the other side, it just looks that way."

I'm not saying everyone here is that has opposed this is out to hurt others but there are many that do.  I do understand the points made on both sides and always will.

Are you saying that I am out to hurt people because I don't want everyone to know when I'm on an alt? 

Yes. It's true, many use 3DX primarily for chat, but that's just how they choose to use a sex game. At the end of the day most people are here to just get their rocks off or to play out a kinky fantasy they may have. This actually ties into the ability of having anonymous alts, if that fantasy is a particularly naughty one.

Please explain. What is it that users need protection from? I have never had a negative experience related to alts in over a year and a half that I've been subscribed. Perhaps those that systematically run into problems with them should rethink how they choose to play this game. 

If other "venues" have policies that make you feel safer then perhaps they will be a better bang for your buck. As I see it, the current system is not in need of any changes.

I don't need to rethink how to play the game.  I can easily play it well it's not that hard to do.

I have kept a good bit of the comments I'd make to myself.  Many have a long list and while you may not have had a bad experience in the time you've been on here many others have.

No one should have to leave or feel forced out because of others, WE ALL PAY TO BE ON HERE.  When speaking of other "venues", including the free "venues" have a better policy in place all while still respecting User(s) privacy.

Sometimes being new people are left with a bad taste in their mouth of this game because of how they're treated because people think they're an alt avi of someone else or get treated poorly when they go to speak to someone because they didn't look at a profile or made a PM to them and talked to nastily.

The problem in this case is not the alts of others players but the players who react bad with new avatars .

Maybe if everyone was applying the rule "i have no proof that it's an alt so it must be a new player" , maybe there will be less problems .

words

You keep going on and on about all these people who feel this way who never say anything, have you ever thought that you have a very small grasp on the amount of players that are actually subscribed and the very large majority of them don't care? That's how it is with gaming communities. Vocal minorities crying wolf over some big bad that's happening, when for the most part, it's not really a thing.

The problem in this case is not the alts of others players but the players who react bad with new avatars .

Maybe if everyone was applying the rule "i have no proof that it's an alt so it must be a new player" , maybe there will be less problems .

Not everyone does that but the ones that have seen first hand of the ones that do it, they use caution when someone new comes in.  When messaged by someone new, I simply give them a few pointers like look at profiles first so they don't offend someone that is in a relationship, use manners, don't cold (unwanted invites) and to observe, so they have an idea and I'm not the only one giving them that advice.

You keep going on and on about all these people who feel this way who never say anything, have you ever thought that you have a very small grasp on the amount of players that are actually subscribed and the very large majority of them don't care? That's how it is with gaming communities. Vocal minorities crying wolf over some big bad that's happening, when for the most part, it's not really a thing.

If you read the entire topic I am not the only one stating it.  Some choose not to say anything but tell others that they know will speak up and say something.  I have full grasp of a lot of things that go on in game, which is why some don't say anything because when they have before others have gone at them.  Well I'm certainly not out of touch with those subscribed to the game or amount of people.  I know how it is with gaming as I've been a part of the gaming community for a long time as I'm 40 years old, have been dealing with computers and programming at the age of 12.  I'm not sure why you say crying wolf but in reality, it does happen and well that's clear to a lot of people.  Many don't have blinders on, they just tell people they know so the groups/clicks stay small.

I'll keep voicing my opinion as it's not just my thought but many others as well.  Saying that reminds me of the story of the boy who cried wolf and we know how that ends.

Not everyone does that but the ones that have seen first hand of the ones that do it, they use caution when someone new comes in.  When messaged by someone new, I simply give them a few pointers like look at profiles first so they don't offend someone that is in a relationship, use manners, don't cold (unwanted invites) and to observe, so they have an idea and I'm not the only one giving them that advice.

If you read the entire topic I am not the only one stating it.  Some choose not to say anything but tell others that they know will speak up and say something.  I have full grasp of a lot of things that go on in game, which is why some don't say anything because when they have before others have gone at them.  Well I'm certainly not out of touch with those subscribed to the game or amount of people.  I know how it is with gaming as I've been a part of the gaming community for a long time as I'm 40 years old, have been dealing with computers and programming at the age of 12.  I'm not sure why you say crying wolf but in reality, it does happen and well that's clear to a lot of people.  Many don't have blinders on, they just tell people they know so the groups/clicks stay small.

I'll keep voicing my opinion as it's not just my thought but many others as well.  Saying that reminds me of the story of the boy who cried wolf and we know how that ends.

Nice resume, glad you shared, if you think you have a full grasp of this community you, you are hilariously mistaken, unless, of course, I'm secretly disagreeing with one of the three people in the know. ;) 

And even then, they are mostly clueless with a lot of things as well.

Secondly, for you to think you're the only one who gets messages of encouragement, you're hilarious. Every time I go on a posting spree, I get told by random strangers that they are glad I am posting again. We can go back and forth all day patting ourselves on the back for being some type of mouthpiece that people look up to, but really, it means nothing.

The only people at fault for yelling at players based on thinking they are alts is the people who do the yelling. Seeing as they are playing this sex game, they are seemingly adults, at least adult in the sense that they aren't breaking any laws or the games rules by joining. These "adults" should be able to have a bit of composure, should they not? They got their feelings hurt so we as a community should have our privacy limited because of it? Hah. No. Never. Anyone who truly wants to limit the entirety of a growing community and take away some very coveted privacy, really needs to get over themselves. I have told people I really care about to stop playing this game when they get too emotionally invested, I have taken breaks when I was getting upset over stupid stuff in this game and others. Why can't people have a little bit of self accountability and actually be champions for themselves rather than some savior from a scary big bad that doesn't even exist?

Words that are breezed over...

You don't know me and I don't know you and will leave it at that.  If you think I don't have a full grasp I don't take the word of others, I go by the facts something I've done for years.  I don't do the he said/she said bs that runs rampant in the game and many others.  The last laugh is always at someone(s) expense which is a very true statement.

Well I'm glad you're stating some are clueless because the ones I've talked to and have seen first hand, well clueless simply doesn't exist.

We can go round after round but there are many on both sides that state the same thing, some choose to express it while others sit back and watch.

I'm guessing you didn't read what I wrote because I NEVER said it get messages of encouragement I stated that I give a heads up to people that are new so they don't walk away from the game because of others so they can make their own decision about the game.  If it means nothing then why keep going at me.

One thing I don't do is yell at a player because I think they're an alt, never have.  Well you would think that the "Adults" would actually be just that, although this is a game, using an alt to go after people and such, well isn't very adult behavior it would stem more on high school antics.  The privacy isn't being limited as a color isn't giving away that it's your main avi just that it's an alt.  No one is trying to take away the privacy, if showing it's an alt avi by having it colored, well that's all it's doing and nothing more.  Thinking that someone who has been hurt need to get over themselves well like others THEY PAY REAL MONEY and shouldn't have to get hurt because of someone who plays a game.  If people had more self accountability when purposely going after others using an alt, this topic never would have been created nor discussed.  I'm just a one voice of many that think the same way.

The privacy isn't being limited as a color isn't giving away that it's your main avi just that it's an alt.  No one is trying to take away the privacy, if showing it's an alt avi by having it colored, well that's all it's doing and nothing more.  Thinking that someone who has been hurt need to get over themselves well like others THEY PAY REAL MONEY and shouldn't have to get hurt because of someone who plays a game.  If people had more self accountability when purposely going after others using an alt, this topic never would have been created nor discussed.  I'm just a one voice of many that think the same way.

Changing colors of names to denote whether it is an alt is removing privacy, no matter which way you look at it. It is taking a users privacy away to meld into the sea of the rest of the avis, and singling them out as something different. As we've seen all throughout history, treating people differently based on peoples feelings has always worked really well, right?

It doesn't matter if they pay real money or not, (protip: most of us on the forums do!) if they get hurt over someone in a video game cheating on them, it is on them. Nothing the video game did made them get hurt. Do we blame the bar, for a spouse going there and picking someone up? Do we want to impose sanctions on that bar so married men can't get in? The bouncer can look at my ID and see who I am, but that doesn't mean that I won't meet some hot dude and tell him I'm completely some other person, have him take me to the alley, screw me, and never speak to him again. Is it the bars fault that I cheated? The login server acts as a bouncer, it checks credentials and lets people in. It's up to us as human beings to work it out from there. People cheat, that's a fact of life and love and relationships, it's a shitty one, but when all is said and done, the majority of relationships are failures, you rarely end up with the first person you were ever with.  People aren't great people. It's up to you to protect yourself and your heart. No one else.

IF you are being LEGITIMATELY harassed by someone, then it is time to report it to the devs and offer any and all proof that you have and hope that something can be done. For most of your scenarios though, it's just people being derpy people to themselves and others and there shouldn't be rules or limitations imposed on the playerbase to try to stop them.

Changing colors of names to denote whether it is an alt is removing privacy, no matter which way you look at it. It is taking a users privacy away to meld into the sea of the rest of the avis, and singling them out as something different. As we've seen all throughout history, treating people differently based on peoples feelings has always worked really well, right?

It doesn't matter if they pay real money or not, (protip: most of us on the forums do!) if they get hurt over someone in a video game cheating on them, it is on them. Nothing the video game did made them get hurt. Do we blame the bar, for a spouse going there and picking someone up? Do we want to impose sanctions on that bar so married men can't get in? The bouncer can look at my ID and see who I am, but that doesn't mean that I won't meet some hot dude and tell him I'm completely some other person, have him take me to the alley, screw me, and never speak to him again. Is it the bars fault that I cheated? The login server acts as a bouncer, it checks credentials and lets people in. It's up to us as human beings to work it out from there. People cheat, that's a fact of life and love and relationships, it's a shitty one, but when all is said and done, the majority of relationships are failures, you rarely end up with the first person you were ever with.  People aren't great people. It's up to you to protect yourself and your heart. No one else.

IF you are being LEGITIMATELY harassed by someone, then it is time to report it to the devs and offer any and all proof that you have and hope that something can be done. For most of your scenarios though, it's just people being derpy people to themselves and others and there shouldn't be rules or limitations imposed on the playerbase to try to stop them.

Adding color to the alt avi is just simply showing it's an alt, doesn't denote the purpose of the avi, not giving out that it belongs to someone, just that it's an alt.  This isn't being done to help those hurt by those who do that using alt avis, it's even done on main avis which many have seen first hand.

Protip - WE ALL PAY MONEY THE FORUM IS FREE.  Then if people are so worried that when they go after another avi for whatever reason, maybe they should give us just one and you have to pay for the others.  It's not the game but the user behind it that does the hurting to someone else.  There are some really nice people in game who get hurt because others are too busy doing whatever and what seems like they don't care as it's a "game" so who cares who gets hurt.   You can't compare real to here as this is virtual not a physical experience, so there is a bit of a difference with that.  Using that as an example, well keep that comment to myself.

I'll keep the comment about the reporting process to myself and will leave it at that.

Adding color to the alt avi is just simply showing it's an alt, doesn't denote the purpose of the avi, not giving out that it belongs to someone, just that it's an alt.  This isn't being done to help those hurt by those who do that using alt avis, it's even done on main avis which many have seen first hand.

Protip - WE ALL PAY MONEY THE FORUM IS FREE.  Then if people are so worried that when they go after another avi for whatever reason, maybe they should give us just one and you have to pay for the others.  It's not the game but the user behind it that does the hurting to someone else.  There are some really nice people in game who get hurt because others are too busy doing whatever and what seems like they don't care as it's a "game" so who cares who gets hurt.   You can't compare real to here as this is virtual not a physical experience, so there is a bit of a difference with that.  Using that as an example, well keep that comment to myself.

I'll keep the comment about the reporting process to myself and will leave it at that.

It still goes far beyond what is necessary by giving away a users privacy in order to fight against hurt feelings.

Not every forum user pays money. There are plenty here that have let their subscriptions lapse a long time ago that never resubbed that still offer their opinions in threads and like to stir the pot. The forum has no connection between ingame subs or accounts, so one account holder can have as many forum subscriptions as they wish. 

There ARE plenty of nice people ingame, but if there are people getting hurt, it is on them for being hurt over another persons actions, and not the games fault. I don't know why it started with three avatars, but I enjoy it, and for one would be quite miffed if those were taken away because users can't police their own feelings. You ARE trying to compare real to here by saying people are CHEATING on other people and HURTING them, you're attaching REAL feelings to a sex game. Now you're trying to back out of it when others are refuting your arguments. 

Nice resume, glad you shared, if you think you have a full grasp of this community you, you are hilariously mistaken, unless, of course, I'm secretly disagreeing with one of the three people in the know. ;)

And even then, they are mostly clueless with a lot of things as well.

Secondly, for you to think you're the only one who gets messages of encouragement, you're hilarious. Every time I go on a posting spree, I get told by random strangers that they are glad I am posting again. We can go back and forth all day patting ourselves on the back for being some type of mouthpiece that people look up to, but really, it means nothing.

The only people at fault for yelling at players based on thinking they are alts is the people who do the yelling. Seeing as they are playing this sex game, they are seemingly adults, at least adult in the sense that they aren't breaking any laws or the games rules by joining. These "adults" should be able to have a bit of composure, should they not? They got their feelings hurt so we as a community should have our privacy limited because of it? Hah. No. Never. Anyone who truly wants to limit the entirety of a growing community and take away some very coveted privacy, really needs to get over themselves. I have told people I really care about to stop playing this game when they get too emotionally invested, I have taken breaks when I was getting upset over stupid stuff in this game and others. Why can't people have a little bit of self accountability and actually be champions for themselves rather than some savior from a scary big bad that doesn't even exist?

To the bold font, exactly.

In this world, there is only one person accountable for your feels and that is you. If need be, take a break, collect yourself, learn and move on. Why should someone who enjoys indulging in another form of play and wants to do so anonymously be flagged? Because essentially that is what is being asked. Then when it is and the same behavior patterns exists, the argument becomes, why allow alts. The same problem is still happening and people are getting hurt. It is not stopping. So is the hurt person only accountable if they are involved with an orange name tag? So essentially knew what they were getting into? Isn't that the same thing as playing this game with anonymous users? Don't you know what you are getting into when you subscribe? What happens when the player is flagged and you have those trying to connect the dots. They become targets and harassed by those demanding to know who their main is. I am sure the argument would be to block the person but the same can be said of the other side. All it does is creates more issues. Hell I was accused of being an alt when I returned briefly last month because I did not have enough photo slots with some assclown asking me who my main was more than once, which has been Camden for 19 months. lol. I did not get upset, I laughed. 

As far as getting cheated on, let's be real here. There is nothing but temptation. Some people can manage it but many cannot. In this game, unless you are obsessive and constantly running on to check on the person you are supposed to be exclusive with, it can happen on the main and it does .Everything that is being thrown on an alt can happen on a main and does. So flagging is not going to protect anyone from hurt feelings. All it will do is create a divide of us versus them. You can see a bit of that right here in this post.

Some people from what I am gathering from the posts that support a labeling system catch very real feelings so by some token, yeah, you can compare the two. It doesn't work both ways. Applying real life situation and actions in a game such as getting married, having relationships and expecting exclusivity, etc. opens arguments up to real life comparisons. To my above point, how do you protect the alt from being targeted or shunned because of a labeling system or does it not matter because they are an alt?

As far as other games only allowing one alt, depends on the game. Second Life allows one per email. I am sure there are some using several fake emails and have different accounts. You don't have to pay to play. So it is understandable that it is allowed for a pay to play subscription.

There's not even a primary character designation.

The entire premise of this request is based upon a false mental construct.

You are given three character slots. There is no primary other than of your own choosing.

They are all primary characters. Alts do not exist other than of one's own designation.

This request is fundamentally redundant.

It still goes far beyond what is necessary by giving away a users privacy in order to fight against hurt feelings.

Not every forum user pays money. There are plenty here that have let their subscriptions lapse a long time ago that never resubbed that still offer their opinions in threads and like to stir the pot. The forum has no connection between ingame subs or accounts, so one account holder can have as many forum subscriptions as they wish. 

There ARE plenty of nice people ingame, but if there are people getting hurt, it is on them for being hurt over another persons actions, and not the games fault. I don't know why it started with three avatars, but I enjoy it, and for one would be quite miffed if those were taken away because users can't police their own feelings. You ARE trying to compare real to here by saying people are CHEATING on other people and HURTING them, you're attaching REAL feelings to a sex game. Now you're trying to back out of it when others are refuting your arguments. 

I'm a paid user of a year for the game, if you had read what I had written previously hence my point of people pay money to play but the forum is free.  Creating more than one forum account isn't against rules but like the alt avis that go after people in game it's the same tactic here just to stir the pot.  With regards to the connection on the forum, I know it's not directly linked to subscriptions in game just a name we create on here that we also use in game.

I did state there are nice people in game, the ones getting hurt aren't just because of cheating it's what others say about them that isn't true.  I was simply making a point that as you were trying to compare actions that happen in real to a game.  Feelings are different, I'm not backing out of anything and never will.  You keep saying this is a sex game when it's a sex and chat game, it's not all about sex.  You're the only one that is going at me about this but then again maybe as you stated are speaking for others as well, which in that case they should do what you've stated all along and stand up for themselves and I'd gladly tell anyone to speak up.   There is a little part of us with our avi(s), no one can state differently.  It's knowing the line and when not to cross it, far too many do.

I see the chiming in is already starting...  I shall keep what else I have to say on that to myself but if I need to comment, I'll be tactful as I've been.

I'm a paid user of a year for the game, if you had read what I had written previously hence my point of people pay money to play but the forum is free.  Creating more than one forum account isn't against rules but like the alt avis that go after people in game it's the same tactic here just to stir the pot.  With regards to the connection on the forum, I know it's not directly linked to subscriptions in game just a name we create on here that we also use in game.

I did state there are nice people in game, the ones getting hurt aren't just because of cheating it's what others say about them that isn't true.  I was simply making a point that as you were trying to compare actions that happen in real to a game.  Feelings are different, I'm not backing out of anything and never will.  You keep saying this is a sex game when it's a sex and chat game, it's not all about sex.  You're the only one that is going at me about this but then again maybe as you stated are speaking for others as well, which in that case they should do what you've stated all along and stand up for themselves and I'd gladly tell anyone to speak up.   There is a little part of us with our avi(s), no one can state differently.  It's knowing the line and when not to cross it, far too many do.

I'll reply to the rest of your post later, I just wanted to chime in really quick to state that I am in no way "going at you." I am replying to a thread, the likes of which I have been participating in for well over a year, stating my opinion. Nor am I the only person who feels this way as I am sure you can ascertain through the seven pages in this thread, and countless others should you find it in yourself to use the search function.