3DXChat Community

Rooms that stay online in exchange for a fee?

Aeliana

Does anyone know if the people at 3DX have ever considered implementing rooms being able to stay online even after the owner of the room went offline?

It could work for an extra fee on the membership, and personally I would not mind it. The fee could even correlate directly to the number of rooms you want to keep "permanently accessible" to users. For example, instead of paying five bucks a month, a higher level of membership (let's say 10 bucks a month) could allow users up to two or three such permanent rooms. Furthermore, a "diamond membership" of 20 bucks a month could increase the number of such rooms.

I guess I am asking too much, but some rooms are just too good to not be there when I get online, just because the owner of the room is in a different time zone.

14 minutes ago, Aeliana1999 said:

Wait. Are you saying that as long as someone is in a room I share, the room stays open? I understood that it stays open as long as I am online (in my room or elsewhere).

As long as someone is in the room. When empty should close in 5 to 10 minutes

Thank you so much, MeiLing.

See? Where is that in some manual? I didn't see it! If I don't dig in here, or on YouTube, I would never know.

Same as CTRL + click (anywhere on empty floor) to change facing direction when standing, sitting or laying. If it wasn't for a good Samaritan who told me so, I would still not know this, and instead I would probably make mini-steps around myself like a chicken, just to be looking towards the desired object.

Well, I "abandoned" my own rooms many times, leaving it as shared, but because I was elsewhere the room itself had 0 people in it, and I could always get back in. So, it HAS TO BE that as long as the owner is online, the room is on too. And now it makes sense, it's the two conditions combined: owner online + person inside = room is on.

1 hour ago, Aeliana1999 said:

Well, I "abandoned" my own rooms many times, leaving it as shared, but because I was elsewhere the room itself had 0 people in it, and I could always get back in. So, it HAS TO BE that as long as the owner is online, the room is on too. And now it makes sense, it's the two conditions combined: owner online + person inside = room is on.

Correct. To be nitpicking, it is either OR the other. As long as one of those conditions applies, the room stays open. The owner doesn't have to be online, as long as somebody is in the room, the room stays open.

Edited by Diana Prince

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 6:06 PM, Aeliana said:

Same as CTRL + click (anywhere on empty floor) to change facing direction when standing, sitting or laying. If it wasn't for a good Samaritan who told me so, I would still not know this, and instead I would probably make mini-steps around myself like a chicken, just to be looking towards the desired object.

Ohh my god.. You just changed my world I been clicking around all over the place for weeks now trying to face the right direction.. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2023 at 12:36 AM, RickDeckard said:

I know of at least one room where the owner has an alt that occupies the room practically 24/7. At least they admit it's an alt if you look at the profile. 

there are several rooms that use an alt to keep their room open.  You rarely see the host for Futa/Fem Silent No Chat yet it has been the top futa room for months.