3DXChat Community

FPS Frame Rate lags in crowded rooms over 60 people!

hotmaya

Is it because my computer is too slow ? internet speed ? server speed? Or is it simply an overall problem ? When theres over - lets say 60 ppl - in the room,  the game experience slows down a lot.

What kind of hardware, cpu, graphic card does it need - at least - to have a fluent game flow ?  intel, ryzen. Nvida  - speed, RAM - what kind of combination ? let us know what kind gives the best experience. 

Edited by hotmaya

• hotmaya changed the title to FPS Frame Rate lags in crowded rooms over 60 people!

Large rooms (in terms of the number of people and objects in the frame) give maximum load on the processor, so it starts to reduce the number of prepared frames. There's nothing you can do about it, as I sometimes joke, "they haven't yet created a processor capable of handling 100+ people in a room with a high frame rate". 

Example:
 i7-11700k
Fuzo room 123 people 38-40 frames (performance is limited by the processor)
CAMMlvevo room 92 people 57-60 frames (performance is limited by the processor)
On newer processors the frame rate will be higher.

The higher the performance per thread, the more frames you will see.
You don't need more than 6-8 performance cores for 3dxchat.
If I were building a PC right now, I'd go for 

budget option:
am4 AMD Ryzen 5 5600X/AMD Ryzen 7 5800X/AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

best option:
LGA1700 Intel Core i5-12600K/Intel Core i5-13500
am5 AMD Ryzen 5 7600X / AMD Ryzen 7 7700X

if budget allows, you can take more cores for other tasks :)

Video card for 1440p 100+ frames at max settings something at the level:
Nvidia RTX3070/RTX4060TI
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT/RX 7700 XT (coming at the end of August). 

p.s.The higher the resolution of the screen the more requirements for video card, for 1080p you need a video card lower level than those in the example, for 2160p higher.

As for graphics, you can uncheck a couple of boxes in the settings and the graphics card requirements will drop significantly. 
The two most demanding parameters for the video card are SSRR,HBAO2 .

Edited by Zabi

• 1 month later...

Welcome to 3dx!  I'm running an AMD Ryzen 9 3950x (16cores) with an Nvidia 3080ti gpu (both very heavy handed pieces of tech). And even still, in some of the busier rooms frame rates dip quite a bit. Is what it is......

17 hours ago, DrCock said:

Welcome to 3dx!  I'm running an AMD Ryzen 9 3950x (16cores) with an Nvidia 3080ti gpu (both very heavy handed pieces of tech). And even still, in some of the busier rooms frame rates dip quite a bit. Is what it is......

Performance will improve quite a bit when the new engine update gets released, from my testing I get almost double the frames in more demanding rooms on the beta client compared to the stable one.

5 hours ago, MissD said:

Performance will improve quite a bit when the new engine update gets released, from my testing I get almost double the frames in more demanding rooms on the beta client compared to the stable one.

I agree MissD, I get better performance in the beta as well, better looking graphics as well. Thank goodness they are close to releasing the update, yay \o/.

On 9/1/2023 at 5:25 PM, SerenityWillow said:

I agree MissD, I get better performance in the beta as well, better looking graphics as well. Thank goodness they are close to releasing the update, yay \o/.

and how do you feel about that now?