3DXChat Community

Mirrors

Alys

Every mirror system has downsites. Some are easy to do but at costs of performance. Others are not that performance consuming, but need a lot of work making them run. At least when i can believe this video here :).

Edited by Janet

2 hours ago, TashaTight said:

Been asking before to get mirror reflection system of the sunglasses but apparently it is for some reason not possible I guess.

I think it is very tricky to do in a way that's useful without exhausting every system. Also mirrors in world editor seems to be tricky. Probably you could only allow one mirror because when you would allow multiple ones it would end in an infinite loop of calculating what simply would crash the game "i guess".

so I made something and realizes that bottle glass's reflection is depend on which material is behind it, and it have to be turned at certain angle, and let avatar stand a little bit away/left side for the reflection effect...It's not very worth to try ,especially when it needs so  much decorating to make it a little more realistic but not like a lego block.

Here is my example, feel free to download and try it, or... maybe use it as a decor in your room o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ

mirror by lunatsuki.world

Edited by Lunarelf