3DXChat Community

Using the Oculus rift tips

SerenityWillow

I just bought an Oculus Rift S specifically to use in 3dxchat.

The game is amazing in VR, and want to use vr with it all the time but there is a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed to make the experience more pleasurable.

1. only thing the touch controllers work with is  movement ie. going from spot to spot, it does not react like a mouse.

use your mouse as usual to combat this issue.

2.Names and animation indicators ( the green star symbol that appears on hover) do not align where you look.

aim the dot above the object and it will appear.

3. Typing is very difficult as the Keyboard is very low in comparison to where the chat box is.

This KB can be moved to a better location by pressing ctrl + V and it will center where you are looking.

One other thing I had found was if you look to your right or left and recenter the UI, and when you look forward the UI will be out of view so as not to block any viewing area

and recenter it when needed by pressing space.

Please devs fix these minor issues as now VR is very affordable and more people will be using it I suspect.

VR is a total game changer.

I have submitted bug reports on these issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, hotmaya said:

Thank you, would you recommend to wait for newer versions or different products ?

I heared about new headsets comming out soon. So wait for it or try the older ones?

For now only Oculus brand headsets work on 3DX. I have a Meta Quest 2 and a much better Pico 4 but not compatible with 3DX. You must also have a graphics card at least NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1050. Otherwise forget the video headset. 3DX's VR mode needs improvement because as it is today, it's virtually unplayable.

9 hours ago, hotmaya said:

Thank you, would you recommend to wait for newer versions or different products ?

I heared about new headsets comming out soon. So wait for it or try the older ones?

I would use any Oculus you have. I have read somewhere that the HTC Vive will work as well after setting up some sort of software.

I don't recall the software exactly but I think it may be called ReVive, but I am not sure.

Your best bet is to use Oculus, the only one I believe that will not work is Oculus Go as there is no PC app for that version.

5 hours ago, TonyFrx said:

For now only Oculus brand headsets work on 3DX. I have a Meta Quest 2 and a much better Pico 4 but not compatible with 3DX. You must also have a graphics card at least NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1050. Otherwise forget the video headset. 3DX's VR mode needs improvement because as it is today, it's virtually unplayable.

Thx Tony..."at least NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1050", my Intel HUD 630 does a good job so far. 

But before spending 400$ for an Oculus i want to make sure everything else will work without buying a new computer. 

That 3dx isnt playable without improvements let me wait for it. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2023 at 11:25 AM, hotmaya said:

Thx Tony..."at least NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1050", my Intel HUD 630 does a good job so far. 

But before spending 400$ for an Oculus i want to make sure everything else will work without buying a new computer. 

That 3dx isnt playable without improvements let me wait for it. 

If you are purchasing one for playing 3dx with, I would save your money, because as of now VR does not work correctly and at the rate they are moving on it, it probably won't ever work right again.