3DXChat Community

Our world of acceptance

Outlaw

Although we are not the designers of this world, it is our community.  We have the responsibility of creating a place of peace, love and acceptance.  This morning, I witnessed a violent verbal exchange that carried from the forum, through our virtual world.  It was laden with racism, sexism, homophobia and even went as far as weight problems.  When given an opportunity to create a world without hate, how do we manage to hate so passionately.  In my opinion,  if anyone sees these acts of bigotry, which weaken and defile our society, actions must be taken.  Please speak out and put a stop to it immediately.  If someone says "that's gay" (which I see quite often) they should be called out.  I'm not one for confrontation myself, but under these circumstances, I will confront.  Help keep our little, wonderful, peaceful world, the utopia that it should be.

Your Friend,

Outlaw

Would like this but reached Quota :D  But totally agree with what your saying.  In the end there is only one Fact  WE ARE ALL PEOPLE, and if you can only use  the  differences that make us  special as a reason too hate, I feel  sorry for you, and hope what ever the issue is, It gets turned around in your life.

Guest Eclipse

Hi Outlaw, I agree 100% that intolerance is not acceptable behavior anytime, anyplace or by anyone. And the offenders should be confronted, however I think that the confrontation should be handled offline via PM and/or elevated to the Moderators. I've seen way too many instances "here" where-when done in public, turns into further exchanges of negative childish behavior.

You can't fight the fire while you're feeding the flames kind of thing...just my thought.

large.png

Peace and Love what a Great Concept

Hi Outlaw, I agree 100% that intolerance is not acceptable behavior anytime, anyplace or by anyone. And the offenders should be confronted, however I think that the confrontation should be handled offline via PM and/or elevated to the Moderators. I seen way to many instances "here" where-when done in public turns into further exchanges of negative childish behavior.

You can fight the fire while you're feeding the flame kind of thing...just my thought.

large.png

Peace and Love what a great Concept

Totes this

...and all the "Cat calling" must stop... NOW! Avatars have feelings too!

Just kidding...You know what? It doesn't bother me at all... as long the offended OR offenders don't rule society and change the our laws.

I quote the Author Bret Easton Ellis (who's an offending gay, not an easily offended faggot):

"But then again my reaction stems from the fact that I am looking at Millenials from the POV of a member of one of the most pessimistic and ironic generations that has ever roamed the earth—Generation X—so when I hear Millenials being so damaged by “cyber-bullying” that it becomes a gateway to suicide—it’s difficult for me to process." - Bret Easton Ellis

Here you can read the whole Article: http://www.vanityfair.fr/culture/livre/articles/generation-wuss-by-bret-easton-ellis/15837#

[snip]

Sounds a bit schizophrenic maybe, but is so true if you think about it.

[snip]

No, it isn't true. You are entitled to your opinion, but all you wrote was unsubstantiated generalizations, many of which are easily falsified. Not even worth discussing, really.

Maybe i lack the skill to find the right words to tell my point of view. Foreign language for me, sorry. 

Yes, it is a difficult issue to discuss. I can appreciate that you are trying to offer an alternative point of view, but as a member of the LGBT community here, I have occasionally been targeted by hate-mongers, so I feel that it is also important not to appear to be an apologist for them.

As one of the people involved with today's incidence. I will only say that I will always defend the people I love and myself from hate and bigotry based on our orientation and our own choices. I will never cower and submit to oppression or abuse.

I also see no reason why I should not have the same right to speak out against it as anyone else does.

Yes it may have been an exchange but I remained polite but firm throughout. Everyone has their opinion and they are entitled to it, freedom of speech should be a right, however freedom of speech should not be an excuse to circumvent the common laws of society.

Although some don't take it seriously internet trolling and abuse is an arrestable offense and breaches law. You all have an IP address and register to play this game and pay. There is a trail some would do well to consider this simple fact, your not invisible.

I am quite happy to share screenshots with you Macca. Privately of said event. It has all gone to the admin for their consideration. I am pretty sure you would not tell me or Justyna to keep quiet and accept this sort of abuse.

But anyway I support the original posters comments on this subject. Although it would of been nice if the author had supported us instead of like buttoning one of the abusers posts... it's all well saying we should stop this and speak out in hindsight but it should of been done at the time.

However I thank those of the community that defended us and supported us when the abuse was happening.

No clue what this is about but I make my views on this kinda thing pretty clear in the forums I think.

Abbey's doing/done the sensible thing...I agree with Eclipse that discussion can end up giving this kind of behaviour attention and credence it doesn't deserve if it degenerates. (But for once it hasn't yet lol)

Dear Outlaw, I agree totally with your opinion, and i think this go beyond only sexual preference discrimination but also Race, nationality, religion, economical status etc. 

I suffered in person discrimination, and witnessed too... I Am Mexican, and i got Mexican friends... and we are usually called "beannos", "drug dealers", "narcos", "crossborders" etc, wich is a total show of racism and intolerance against us, not just here but in another games...

So the "Ideal Solution" is to take pics of the insults, (recieved or witnessed), and send them as evidence to the support team with the intention to report the offenders and made them pay a penalty or the total cancelation of their account...

Racism and intolerance in every form or expresion must be erradicated, we are a global community, and the world is a "mosaic" of differences that makes the humanity rich and vast, and we must accept eachother the way we are.

Thank you for reading my reply.. :)

what do you think ppl?...