3DXChat Community

Speak for yourself..you sure don't speak for me..

Lilcal

Perhaps I should have said that the man would go fishing all day to catch the fish for the barbie. Seeing as a barbecue, or fire pit, is a primal thing maybe we go back to our hunter gatherer roots and we demonstarte gender roles differently?

His Nibs does brilliant garlicy sardines on the barbie, I'm kinda proud of my firepit paella.

Unless you were being silly.. truly silly, and not just taking passive aggressive digs..perhaps a reading comprehension course is in order.  Since your last post, once again argues my original point for me.  Also.. maybe a few mirrors in your home?  The way you call someone a Troll.. and then continue to Troll.. is quite hypocritical.  Just for the record.. I find passive aggressive hypocrites quite disgusting.  My personal opinion of course..  I would not presume to speak for anyone else here.  

I always found it amusing how people here stereotype from profiles or seem to think that how someone answers this or that question gives some deep insight about that person. The reality is that a few lines in someone profile or how they adjust a few sliders on their avatar or even what gender they pick for their avatar doesn't actually tell you anything at all other then something about how they want to present that avatar and what they find attractive. For me personally what matters when I meet someone here is that I like that person and that they are not someone who is going to be into constant drama, that they respect me, and don't push for me to do things I don't like or want to do.

Funny that, if you can't work out what I'm actually saying then that's your problem, not mine. My post follows through from the previous few as well as poking a little fun at how we tend to view gender stereotypes. Basically no big deal.

And that's we as in it appears that many of us probably do from what we read, say and do in our daily lives without really thinking. Of course you don't play with gender stereotypes. Is it true that Americans don't get irony?

I did add a qualifier there..if you were being truly silly.  Since you obviously took offense I can only assume that the passive aggressive dig was the true motivator for the post.  In that case, I've already stated how I feel about that kind of person.  And so there's no misconception or misconstruing of words.. I'm calling you disgusting..  Don't choke.. I know its not how "most" people feel about you..  Just me!  

I have worked in multiple jobs and witnessed 1st hand the discrepancy. Ive even seen women that held higher positions getting paid less than men holding lower positions, not only that, then men would go to the lower paid co-workers for help. Isn't that grand? lol

I have seen this at multiple places. So don't sit there and tell me it's because pregnancy or women take lower jobs or any of this horse shit. These cases were ALL in the same company and multiple instances of women holding the same or even higher positions than men and getting paid less. I SAW IT with my own eyes. This is one of the reasons why it's been taught to us as a cultural thing to not talk about our salary. Why?  We should ALL be talking about our salaries! Especially with people from your own place of employment. If we all did that, then this would be brought more into the light. 

This has zero to do with the topic of the post I know, im only responding and going with the flow. When certain people take part in conversations, they never stay on topic. they have a way of steering that shit off in a diff direction every single time. But it's not my thread so... I guess just hold on and see where this ends up!  :)

I'm sorry that has been your experience Jessica.. I guess that's just one more argument in favor of my original post.  That has been your life and your experience.  In my life, as stated above, I have always been at the top of whatever field I was in..pay wise that is.  Of course I don't mean that I started there, at the top.  So this is not my experience.  Our experiences differ.. therefore our opinions differ.  Again I say, this topic was not meant to disparage anyones opinions.  Only to express my dislike of the notion that because of ones opinion, some people tend to believe that they speak for a group, of which they do not.

And thank you Rob.. I think i was choking on my own ego there!

I'm sorry that has been your experience Jessica.. I guess that's just one more argument in favor of my original post.  That has been your life and your experience.  In my life, as stated above, I have always been at the top of whatever field I was in..pay wise that is.  Of course I don't mean that I started there, at the top.  So this is not my experience.  Our experiences differ.. therefore our opinions differ.  Again I say, this topic was not meant to disparage anyones opinions.  Only to express my dislike of the notion that because of ones opinion, some people tend to believe that they speak for a group, of which they do not.

And thank you Rob.. I think i was choking on my own ego there!

No one has ever said "ALL WOMEN" and even in this thread no one has tried to put you in the group of most. I am not even suggesting that this is a normal situation that most women have endured. what I AM saying is that... as much as it seems very painful for some here to admit.. it very much IS a real issue. I don't know the extent of it and it seems to be getting better, but it's not just something that's in my head, and it's frustrating to hear someone tell me it's not an issue when i know that it clearly IS an issue. 

Also Cal.. i know you haven't tried to disparage anyone's opinions and you have offered thoughtful and intelligent posts to other people's replies. Too bad that I cannot say the same for certain others. Instead they feel keen on stirring the pot rather than attempting to listen to others and have an intelligent discussion.  

I was merely telling of my personal experiences but a huge amount of data suggests that its not just me that has experienced this.  ;)

The pot stirrers like to stir pots I suppose.. I personally dont mind it and even enjoy watching it on occasion.   Read back darlin..  Looks to me like you are tryin to put words in my mouth.  I never said it wasnt an issue for you..in fact I said that Im sorry that is has been. I said simply that it had never been an issue for me, nor was it something that I have witnessed in my experience.  Basically that I disagree with you, and that, seems to be what the main issue is here all together.  I will not go off on a million different tangents here.. I have consistently argued the same point over and over. My original thought still stands.. It rubs ME wrong when people purport to speak for others when they are only speaking for themselves.   

I don't actually recall anybody claiming to speak for all women in any of these threads. All I recall is certain turns of phrase, which many people use, which may, by a stretch of the imagination, be considered as all inclusive. I believe that Lilcal does actually know what people mean when that sort of use of english is used.

There are some experiences that could be considered common. For example:-

Most women (85%) sticks in my mind from something I read in The Times, have experienced some form of innappropriate behaviour in their workplace.

Most women, I don't have a statistic to hand, are paid less in many jobs and professions. Even in ones where superficially there is pay parity e.g Teaching, usually as a result of a career break to look after children. OK in teaching they catch up so the issue is a bit different. I get the impression that elsewhere it is more difficult.

Most women take a career break to look after children, it's not a given that this has to happen. Note my example in the other thread of how a successful trader is awarded lower bonuses than her male colleagues.

Those three are enough to make the point, I think.

Lilcal, I hope you are coming to realise that you have been very lucky if you have not experienced any of this. I too, work wise, have been lucky in that I've only experienced the first. I have, however, been accused of sleeping with my boss to reach the position I have. It never gained any traction because the person who made the accusation wasn't actually good enough to progress further in the company. Suffice to say he now works for somebody else.

This thread was not..is not..and never will be about Gender issues in any form.  Not about pay gaps..or rape..or men playing as women..or any other thing that anyone tries to insert here..It is about the propensity of some people to think that their opinions allow them to speak for a group of other people.  I don't know how to illustrate my point any more plainly for you.  Frankly I am wanting to smack my forehead against the wall over and over and over at this point. 

Lilcal, I hope you are coming to realise that you have been very lucky if you have not experienced any of this.

WHEN did I say that I have not experienced any of this?  Is this your "authority" to speak for all coming out again?  Did you ascertain all of that in my statement that I had not experienced any kind of wage gap?  I really, really do recommend that reading comprehension course!  Its important because you come off as a judgmental prick, who speaks nonsensical opinions out of her mouth that have no factual base at all.  What if I told you that my very first sexual experience was being held down on the floor by  someone that I considered sort of a big brother?  Would I be "victim" enough for you then???  Do I hold all men accountable for his actions... fuck no.. Do I think it was out of some sort of entitlement? Fuck no.  It was because he was shoving meth into his veins and turned into a straight up psychopath.   

Im lucky huh??  My accomplishments have nothing to do with luck, the fact that I have not experienced any kind of wage gap has nothing to do with luck..  it has to do with my working hard and making sure that I was paid what I deserved.  I'll tell you a little story..       When I was young, I was involved in competitive archery.   At the time there was only one woman I knew who was involved in this (and I traveled all over the western US competing).. let alone any other female children.  Ya think I didnt catch all kinds of shit??  But I didn't sit down and cry about how it wasn't fair that it was a predominately male sport.. I went home and spent every free moment practicing and then won first place trophy after first place trophy.  I made the little fuckers eat their words.. and that followed me through my life. My tenacity and hard work are the reasons I never experienced some of these things.. not any luck, asshole.  

I find you to be a person who speaks just to hear herself speak.. I flat out don't like you.. and wish you would take your stupid opinions, over inflated sense of self, and righteousness and shove them down your throat.