3DXChat Community

new patch problems?

Lovers

Alex, if I understand this correctly, I only have to change the properties of the 3dxchat.exe file to "run in administrator mode" to avoid future patch problems ?

3dxchat.exe gets replaced with updates, so you setting will probably be reset with every patch. But you can create a batch file to run 3dx and set its properties to always run as admin ;)

Problem is: Once you run 3DXChat.exe as admin, tools like Gyazo, ShareX won't work. At least if you try to capture the active window.

Xani, I just checked this. the exe is running in admin mode, but Gyazo is working fine :-)

• 1 month later...

According to http://securityxploded.com/windows-uac-manager.php

User Account Control (UAC) is a security feature (Vista onwards) that enables users to perform common tasks as non-administrators and as administrators without having to switch users, log off, or use Run As. It works by prompting for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users.

I am not really sure why anyone would expect 3DX to teach people how to use their own computers. But if you are using Windows, don't know what UAC is, and are having trouble with patches, then it might be a good idea to learn more about what UAC is and how to use it.