3DXChat Community

Make the friendlist account wide

Veronique

Making friendlist account wide  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have an account wide friendlist?

• YES, you should see 2nd avas of your friends in friendlist
    • NO, 2nd avas of friends should not be shown

idea_great1.jpg

callista

I have another proposition: What if alts of people in your FL show in a different color? And by that I mean only of people who are in your friend list. Let me explain with an example.

I have Joe on my friend list, Joe has an alt named Jane. Jane will show up in my screen with the name colored yellow, but just that, no other indication that Jane is in fact Joe. Now suppose we have another player named Mary, Mary has Jane in her FL so Joe will show up in a yellow name for her. And now take a third person named Carlos, Carlos has neither Joe or Jane in his FL so both Joe and Jane will appear with the standard white font in their names. 

I think this is a good way to compromise the interests of people who want a bit of privacy and those of people who don't want to be deceived by alts of their "friends".

besides that, it doesnt even has to be shown in ones FL, if thats already "to scary" for some ;)(altough, i see 'the point' of it and why ppl wish that feature also in their FL - for a good reason)! a differnet color identification like already posted, would also do "its work" in a more anonym way or a beginning against the brainless surrogates, "alt-invasion" or "alt-zombie apocalyse"! and @ Elenn: it might, doesnt mean it will or has to! in this game u can get involved in so much unnecessary bullshit drama and witch hunts of all sort of kinds n reasons, but i also get ur point with ur apprehension there! again, the prob isnt havn an alt, not at all!! depends on how one "plays it" and just simply not on others like some sick dickheads in here do! anyway, great idea callista and sry 4 foul language^^...over and out

I'm not sure Callista. It might end up in some witch hunt to know who the guy is.

And he would have to tell the person that he doesn't want to tell his other alt's name.

And then, let the drama begin.

But if a person uses a secret alt to frequent the same circle of friends they keep with their "mains" then this person is "shady" at best and a manipulator at worst. If a person has more than one character frequenting the same social circle and isn't open about playing both those characters then said person is being deceptive towards their social circle, whether they're doing it deliberately to further their own agenda or not doesn't change that, neither does it change the fact that those in said circle do have a right to know that if one of their friends uses more than one avi to interact with them, no one likes to be deceived, even if the deception itself is "harmless". 

As for witch hunt, possibly, but's still worth the risk compared to what we have now, which is a playground for deceivers and manipulators to have their way with people, I find it funny how so many people have recently taken to complaining about inactivity in public chats while not taking in consideration how much drama and deception happens in this place.. but that's a whole other issue.Yes, some people might be inclined to question every yellow named avi on who they are or even flatout ignore them to see who disappears from their friend list but people who want privacy can always elect not to respond when questioned, or just tell them they want some privacy, there is nothing wrong with using an alt if you aren't using it to spy on others or go around your friends' backs / cheat on your partner, if you are openly a role player just say you are roleplaying a different character. If a person is using their alts to RP or treat this as a game with no chance for a hook up then I don't think people probing on who they are would be anything more than an annoyiance. But if a person is using alts to go around their partners back and be unfaithful then yeah or otherwise playing mind games with others then these people deserve the witch hunt on their heads.

Lets make a little scenarii with the idea of different colors for names ( in FL or even in world )

Someone having me in friend see Tiffa wrote in yellow he/she think "oh an alt ! who is it ?!!"

He/She ignore Tiffa and notice that they dont see me anymore in their FL or in world they think"Ohh , Tiffa is Rukyaa , i can un-ignore her and stay friend if she have a good reason to have this alt"

He/She ask me , i tell him/her that i made it for cosplay events and he/she think it's a good reason and can stay friend . There is only one problem in his/her strategy . I take back the avatar Rukyaa and immediately send this person in my ignore list because when someone ignore me , i can't stay friend with him/her . 

The result is that person's witch hunt made him/her lost a friend . And probably more if he/she do that with every alts he/she see in his/her FL

The fact that those in said circle do have a right to know that if one of their friends uses more than one avi to interact with them shouldn't be enough to justify that everyone have to be identified as a possible deciever.

I'm feeling sorry for every people that has been betrayed. But if your friend/lover was a manipulator, then it's not because the game is bad. It's because the person is bad.

Please don't destroy possibilities for everyone for a solution that won't change anything. You can't change the people by preventing them to hide being different alts. They still will be bad people. And find some other way to trick you if that was their intention since the very begining. We are arguing over a tool that everyone can use for both good or bad.

What is the next step ? Once people with only one alt will still be annoying and manipulative ?

I mean, you didn't lost a friend because of it... It wasn't a friend in the first place !

But if a person uses a secret alt to frequent the same circle of friends they keep with their "mains" then this person is "shady" at best and a manipulator at worst. If a person has more than one character frequenting the same social circle and isn't open about playing both those characters then said person is being deceptive towards their social circle, whether they're doing it deliberately to further their own agenda or not doesn't change that, neither does it change the fact that those in said circle do have a right to know that if one of their friends uses more than one avi to interact with them, no one likes to be deceived, even if the deception itself is "harmless". 

As for witch hunt, possibly, but's still worth the risk compared to what we have now, which is a playground for deceivers and manipulators to have their way with people, I find it funny how so many people have recently taken to complaining about inactivity in public chats while not taking in consideration how much drama and deception happens in this place.. but that's a whole other issue.Yes, some people might be inclined to question every yellow named avi on who they are or even flatout ignore them to see who disappears from their friend list but people who want privacy can always elect not to respond when questioned, or just tell them they want some privacy, there is nothing wrong with using an alt if you aren't using it to spy on others or go around your friends' backs / cheat on your partner, if you are openly a role player just say you are roleplaying a different character. If a person is using their alts to RP or treat this as a game with no chance for a hook up then I don't think people probing on who they are would be anything more than an annoyiance. But if a person is using alts to go around their partners back and be unfaithful then yeah or otherwise playing mind games with others then these people deserve the witch hunt on their heads.

Great post Callista, you really nailed a lot of what people need to realize.

I will add to this soon but will just say this for now.

Trust is lacking in people in the game, largely due to alts.

We need to get as much trust back into the place as we can and by separating the alts from main avis we can get a good amount of trust back into the main avis.

Yes the alts being marked in a different colour will make them a target for distrust, but the big gain is that main avis will gain trust.

I think we need to look at what people use alts for, both good and bad, then we can decide if something can be done, how it will effect what and how it can be implemented with the least amount of harm.

There are times I have used an alt for innocent reasons and feel it would be a big loss if people didn't have the chance to use them for reasons like this.
When my real life boy friend used to come in the game often we would use alts that we let no one know about so we could get privacy in places like love island.
I have used temporary alts in games where a group of us made alts and then had to guess who was who.
I like to use alts to check out new sex poses instead of using Bob and Betty.
I am sure there are other innocent uses but I can't think of any where having a different colored name above them would make much difference.

I have seen alts are being used to do harm in a lot of ways.
I have seen people in relationships with 2 or 3 players at the same time and when people have found out has caused a lot of anger and hurt.
I have seen alts used to manipulate people against other players.
I have seen alts used to manipulate people towards their main alt.
I would hate to try count the amount of times I have been sure a player presenting them self as a new player was an alt trying to get to have sex with me.
That alone causes people to be unsure and not so excepting towards new players.
There are heaps of things people are doing with alts that cause problems and distrust, especially towards new players.

The distrust ends up being focused towards anyone you do not know well and that is the big problem.
On top of that as you get to know more about things in the game and know more people that are doing this type of thing it effects your game in other ways.
I used to enjoy getting in local chat in NC and making fun for people, it was something I often did and found I was actually fairly good at getting people going.
Used to make a fool out of myself but it was ok as we all seemed to have fun and a lot of laughs.
It got to a stage for me though that I knew of so many people doing the wrong thing, especially with their alts, I would see them in there and it changed things.
Seeing someone finding another victim or doing something where you knew someone was going to get hurt had me doing what everyone else seemed to be doing, talking in pms and sticking with people I knew.
The way things are you can't do anything about it, you can't pm the person and say don't go with that person she is a he or he has another avi where he is in a relationship with a friend of mine.
You can't really even go to a friend and say your boy friend was using an alt to get with another girl, these things just cause problems in themselves.
So after being in the game for a while and getting to know some of the people that are doing this sort of thing, your game gets effected by it.
You start not trusting people you don't know and sticking to your group of friends, not talking to new players and not wanting to make fun for people in local chats.
I know I am talking about my experience here but I also know others that feel the same way and would say that many go through the same thing.

If alts were detectable because of having a different colored names above them it would make a huge difference.
Not so much that we could tell the alts and who not to put as much trust in, but more so that we could start putting more trust back into peoples main avis.
Having it known to be an alt would make it much harder for people to use them the way they are now, not many would be willing to get in a relationship with an alt.
You would not give as much credibility to rumors presented to you by an alt or allow yourself to be so easily manipulated by an alt.
New players would stand out more as most people would not want to delete their main avi so they could look like a new player.
So we would all be able to be more welcoming to new players.
Many of the problems caused by mis use of alts would be reduced to just a small percentage of the amount it happens now.
As for innocent use of alts, I can't think of any where having a different color name above them would make any real difference.

The biggest problem introducing this is the problems it would cause for people with the way they have their alts now.
Some may not have their main avi in the number 1 slot, so as it is introduced there would need to be a fix for that.
People will scream about things like it is an intrusion on their privacy in the game, really it is not an intrusion on privacy but people will be found out for things they really shouldn't be doing.
Others could get hurt as they may be in a relationship with someone who is not using their main avi and is in another relationship with that main avi.
There are lots of things where people who are using alts for their own gains and taking advantage of others that will be found out.
Yes it could be said it is just part of their game, why shouldn't they be able to play multiple games where they are in relationships in all of them.
Not only will they loose those relationships but also the people they are in those relationships with will get hurt.
That needs to be considered and worked out.
My opinion there is if the people that are in relationships with these people, if it would matter to them that the person is in other relationships then it could be better they find out.
As for the people that are using multiple alts and having multiple relationships going at once, well I bet they don't let all of them know they are in relationships with others, so blow what they think.

Having said that though I think people could be given a chance to lesson the impact.
If it was to be introduced that could be done by letting people know it will be on a certain date, say in 30 days.
That would give people a chance to work out what they need to do with what they have going in the game.
Yes introducing this would cause some problems, but they would be short lived and things would settle back down very quickly.
The advantages of doing it would then show and the game would benefit from it.

In my opinion it is something that needs to be done to bring trust back in the people in the game.

Was gonna suggest may a hide from friends option working same way as ignore till it was un-clicked, but then again that would just add to problem since stealth would help those living a "double life" also. Think in end you probably can't fix this less we all agree to sacrifice something, if its more transparency or its ability to have privacy with a special someone or what else.

Only thing i can really think of li believe i mentioned before that might reduce the extend of the problem(without restricting having alts to much or alt privacy), would simply be to make it cost Xgold to delete and remake new avatars. (As most those who are the "trouble" elements are likely very good at burning bridges for themselves, my guess is they need to rely on making new alts all time. If that become to costly for them it will become difficult for them to continue even on new accounts.

This option would still allow keeping alts, doesn't really call any them out but it does make it harder when they're found out to just make a new avatar constantly to continue.

Its not a perfect fix as it would limit role-players options to make new character, but you can argue they can still do that under same name with current avatar.

@ elenn

I'm feeling sorry for every people that has been betrayed. But if your friend/lover was a manipulator, then it's not because the game is bad. It's because the person is bad.

lol, just sounds like a slogan of the republicans or NRA: "guns dont kill people, only ppl kill other ppl! so thats why we shouldnt change gunlaws at all?! keep on exporting weapons into "third world" countires and keep on livn in a fuked up country, world or in ur case, in a "a game"!? yeah sure^^...just an example, but reminded me of that

Please don't destroy possibilities for everyone for a solution that won't change anything.

what possibilities are u writing about and how about naming a few, so one can understand and btw who said, it wouldnt change anything!??

We are arguing over a tool that everyone can use for both good or bad.

yes, we are arguing and debating and thats good and wouldnt their also be a bad side to all of it, besides also a good one, that i also use with my main 2 avis and an also an known "alt" to my friends (and i just dont use them like some bitches (90% men) here like callista wrote ;) ) cause then we wouldnt still be (arguing) and writtn on page 5 with over 100 posts in the new next "alt" topic here in this forum, game, skye, teampeak or elsewhere...now, in the past and in the god damn future^^

@ kimmy

Dollarphotoclub_608355681.jpg

Was gonna suggest may a hide from friends option working same way as ignore till it was un-clicked, but then again that would just add to problem since stealth would help those living a "double life" also

Think in end you probably can't fix this less we all agree to sacrifice something, if its more transparency or its ability to have privacy with a special someone or what else.

Only thing i can really think of li believe i mentioned before that might reduce the extend of the problem(without restricting having alts to much or alt privacy), would simply be to make it cost Xgold to delete and remake new avatars. (As most those who are the "trouble" elements are likely very good at burning bridges for themselves, my guess is they need to rely on making new alts all time. If that become to costly for them it will become difficult for them to continue even on new accounts.

This option would still allow keeping alts, doesn't really call any them out but it does make it harder when they're found out to just make a new avatar constantly to continue.

Its not a perfect fix as it would limit role-players options to make new character, but you can argue they can still do that under same name with current avatar.

This.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

with all other ideas to many ppl would cry to much in this game "losn" something, 4 what ever reason! be it only a color shown as playername or even as a color in the friendslist - would be very good, but 2 much drama and whichhunts maybe...although some would really diserve it! so, pay xgold to delete and create a new avi and like that you (who needs and wants it) would still have his/her namelessness anonymity, but ppl wouldnt and couldnt that quick and easily create an alt xy to fuk up ppl hearts, heads and minds and produce bullshit drama like 'mindfuk rock around the clock' 4 evrybody!!!

for example minimum 15-20k gold to delete/create an new alt ( to make it "hurt") and an other (only an) idea: deliver the game for new signing members in the future only with 1-2 slots max and let the 3rd on be paid for...hell we have a small devteam and need a bigger one for more and quicker content hahaaa

just me 173.463 cents

back to work

I think we need to look at what people use alts for, both good and bad, then we can decide if something can be done, how it will effect what and how it can be implemented with the least amount of harm.

There are times I have used an alt for innocent reasons and feel it would be a big loss if people didn't have the chance to use them for reasons like this.

When my real life boy friend used to come in the game often we would use alts that we let no one know about so we could get privacy in places like love island.

I have used temporary alts in games where a group of us made alts and then had to guess who was who.

I like to use alts to check out new sex poses instead of using Bob and Betty.

I am sure there are other innocent uses but I can't think of any where having a different colored name above them would make much difference.

I have seen alts are being used to do harm in a lot of ways.

I have seen people in relationships with 2 or 3 players at the same time and when people have found out has caused a lot of anger and hurt.

I have seen alts used to manipulate people against other players.

I have seen alts used to manipulate people towards their main alt.

I would hate to try count the amount of times I have been sure a player presenting them self as a new player was an alt trying to get to have sex with me.

That alone causes people to be unsure and not so excepting towards new players.

There are heaps of things people are doing with alts that cause problems and distrust, especially towards new players.

The distrust ends up being focused towards anyone you do not know well and that is the big problem.

On top of that as you get to know more about things in the game and know more people that are doing this type of thing it effects your game in other ways.

I used to enjoy getting in local chat in NC and making fun for people, it was something I often did and found I was actually fairly good at getting people going.

Used to make a fool out of myself but it was ok as we all seemed to have fun and a lot of laughs.

It got to a stage for me though that I knew of so many people doing the wrong thing, especially with their alts, I would see them in there and it changed things.

Seeing someone finding another victim or doing something where you knew someone was going to get hurt had me doing what everyone else seemed to be doing, talking in pms and sticking with people I knew.

The way things are you can't do anything about it, you can't pm the person and say don't go with that person she is a he or he has another avi where he is in a relationship with a friend of mine.

You can't really even go to a friend and say your boy friend was using an alt to get with another girl, these things just cause problems in themselves.

So after being in the game for a while and getting to know some of the people that are doing this sort of thing, your game gets effected by it.

You start not trusting people you don't know and sticking to your group of friends, not talking to new players and not wanting to make fun for people in local chats.

I know I am talking about my experience here but I also know others that feel the same way and would say that many go through the same thing.

If alts were detectable because of having a different colored names above them it would make a huge difference.

Not so much that we could tell the alts and who not to put as much trust in, but more so that we could start putting more trust back into peoples main avis.

Having it known to be an alt would make it much harder for people to use them the way they are now, not many would be willing to get in a relationship with an alt.

You would not give as much credibility to rumors presented to you by an alt or allow yourself to be so easily manipulated by an alt.

New players would stand out more as most people would not want to delete their main avi so they could look like a new player.

So we would all be able to be more welcoming to new players.

Many of the problems caused by mis use of alts would be reduced to just a small percentage of the amount it happens now.

As for innocent use of alts, I can't think of any where having a different color name above them would make any real difference.

The biggest problem introducing this is the problems it would cause for people with the way they have their alts now.

Some may not have their main avi in the number 1 slot, so as it is introduced there would need to be a fix for that.

People will scream about things like it is an intrusion on their privacy in the game, really it is not an intrusion on privacy but people will be found out for things they really shouldn't be doing.

Others could get hurt as they may be in a relationship with someone who is not using their main avi and is in another relationship with that main avi.

There are lots of things where people who are using alts for their own gains and taking advantage of others that will be found out.

Yes it could be said it is just part of their game, why shouldn't they be able to play multiple games where they are in relationships in all of them.

Not only will they loose those relationships but also the people they are in those relationships with will get hurt.

That needs to be considered and worked out.

My opinion there is if the people that are in relationships with these people, if it would matter to them that the person is in other relationships then it could be better they find out.

As for the people that are using multiple alts and having multiple relationships going at once, well I bet they don't let all of them know they are in relationships with others, so blow what they think.

Having said that though I think people could be given a chance to lesson the impact.

If it was to be introduced that could be done by letting people know it will be on a certain date, say in 30 days.

That would give people a chance to work out what they need to do with what they have going in the game.

Yes introducing this would cause some problems, but they would be short lived and things would settle back down very quickly.

The advantages of doing it would then show and the game would benefit from it.

In my opinion it is something that needs to be done to bring trust back in the people in the game.

You nailed it.

Chaostika, i did named a few possibilities in my firsts posts. And Leeloo already explained why the color named alts wouldn't work in the last post of the 4th page of the topic.

I won't get into the political debate about guns. To me, the issue is far more complicated but... not going into politics.

Overall, 3dxchat is a game and not some "meeting the love of our lives" website. Some of us are taking this way too seriously and should probably step back a little bit.

Because some of us had a bad experience shouldn't mean everyone has to stay with only one character and be spied to see if she/he is not cheating while the partner is offline.

Because that is the next step. Or to create some contract that you have to sign to officiliaze your relation with someone to prevent you from using any sex pose ever if she/he is not online.

The fact that those in said circle do have a right to know that if one of their friends uses more than one avi to interact with them shouldn't be enough to justify that everyone have to be identified as a possible deciever.

Please don't destroy possibilities for everyone for a solution that won't change anything. You can't change the people by preventing them to hide being different alts. They still will be bad people. And find some other way to trick you if that was their intention since the very begining. We are arguing over a tool that everyone can use for both good or bad.

What is the next step ? Once people with only one alt will still be annoying and manipulative ?

I mean, you didn't lost a friend because of it... It wasn't a friend in the first place !

A couple of things I would like you to clarify.

What possibilities are you talking about where people can use alts where no harm can be done to others, where having the name another color would make such a big difference?

People would keep their main avis reputation as good as they can, not all yes, but most would. Some of these people as it is use alts to do their dirty work or have fun in other ways that dis respect other peoples games, they would not do those things with their main avi and destroy their reputation. Making alts a different color would make it much harder for them to do what they do.

The way I see it we either do something like this or we all decide it's just a game and anything goes, we all play the game and go around manipulating and deceiving as people now see it as anything is allowed.

The trouble is the game will be a mess very quickly if we all did that, so the people that feel they are entitled to do this because it is just a game and anything goes are being very selfish.

Unless you can tell me some things that alts are used for that can not be seen as doing the wrong thing where this would stop them from being able to do it, I will continue to think this needs to be done, especially when so much good can come from it.

Anything you come up with would have to outweigh the good it would do.

would simply be to make it cost Xgold to delete and remake new avatars. 

Finally a good idea . If delete an avatar was around 15000 or 20000 Xgold this will reduce the amount of peoples making "new" avatars .

It could also , maybe , be a good idea to have a latence time between the moment where someone cancel an avatar and the time this person can create a new one . Something like being able to create the new avatar only 48h after canceling one would also reduce this number.

Another possibility is to have new players shown in another color instead of alts, along with cost of making new alts.

One of the biggest problems I see is that new players are not accepted as they should be in the game because of the dis trust towards people using alts.

Just having it so it cost to make new alts would not go far enough to helping us be confident that a recently made avi claiming to be a new player is in fact a new player.

Maybe we can have it that for the 1st 30 days of an account the names above any of their avis are shown in a different color.

Edited to add that I still think having alts appear in a different color is the best way to go.

I have thought about some things people do with alts where they make them on the fly for games they play that are not disturbing to other players.

Having it so it cost to do so will take that away.

What possibilities are you talking about where people can use alts where no harm can be done to others, where having the name another color would make such a big difference?

Since we can easely find out who is playing who with that system of colors, every time i will use an alt to play with some friends instead of the others because i had planned some kind of roleplay, my other friends will be allowed to see me.

I find it much easier to simply let people know i'm not available by being offline than having to justify myself or worse : letting them think that i am avoiding them on purpose by playing with something else.

Now, every single time i switch, i will have to tell everyone, one by one that i don't have anything against them, but that i need to switch alts to roleplay with someone. And since the witch hunt will inevitably occurs, i will have to do with suspicions and very unpleasant feelings for reasons that have nothing to do with me.

Plus, some people in my friend list are more contacts than real friends, and i don't feel like they have a specific right to know where exactly i am at every single moment.

Since we can easely find out who is playing who with that system of colors, every time i will use an alt to play with some friends instead of the others because i had planned some kind of roleplay, my other friends will be allowed to see me.

I find it much easier to simply let people know i'm not available by being offline than having to justify myself or worse : letting them think that i am avoiding them on purpose by playing with something else.

Now, every single time i switch, i will have to tell everyone, one by one that i don't have anything against them, but that i need to switch alts to roleplay with someone. And since the witch hunt will inevitably occurs, i will have to do with suspicions and very unpleasant feelings for reasons that have nothing to do with me.

Plus, some people in my friend list are more contacts than real friends, and i don't feel like they have a specific right to know where exactly i am at every single moment.

I don't see how people could easily find out who you are just because your avi has a different colored name above it, that would only show that avi is not your main one.

Unless you mean the account ID thing that was talked about earlier, that part of things I could see that sort of problem with yes.

But just having colored names for alts would not give away who you are, only that it is not your main avi.

Personally I feel just the colored names would be enough and would not stop you from doing any role playing that would not potentially upset others.

The only thing it would do is make your 2nd and 3rd avis a little less accepted by others, but if you are seen to be doing the right thing with them they would eventually be accepted.

The big thing is that your main avi would gain trust from people who don't know you where as at the moment there is a certain amount of dis trust for all your avis.

New players could easily be recognised as being genuine new players and would be accepted into the game and received in a much better way than they are now.

Lets make a little scenarii with the idea of different colors for names ( in FL or even in world )

Someone having me in friend see Tiffa wrote in yellow he/she think "oh an alt ! who is it ?!!"

He/She ignore Tiffa and notice that they dont see me anymore in their FL or in world they think"Ohh , Tiffa is Rukyaa , i can un-ignore her and stay friend if she have a good reason to have this alt"

He/She ask me , i tell him/her that i made it for cosplay events and he/she think it's a good reason and can stay friend . There is only one problem in his/her strategy . I take back the avatar Rukyaa and immediately send this person in my ignore list because when someone ignore me , i can't stay friend with him/her . 

The result is that person's witch hunt made him/her lost a friend . And probably more if he/she do that with every alts he/she see in his/her FL

There !

So you obviously think that having yourself in someones friends list twice with 2 different avis and not letting them know is ok ?

But yes there is that problem, if you use an alt even for innocent purposes people who don't know who your main avi is will likely want to know.

But honestly, why would you not want to tell them if what you are doing is innocent.

I'm not obviously thinking anything and i'm not in someone's friend list twice.

However, i do believe that if someone does and causes drama, it should not be used as an argument to prevent me from using different alts.

No one is preventing you from using alts, they will just have a different colored name above them and people will know it is an alt.

Yes you wont just be able to get the same recognition from people as you would your main avi, but that's what this is all about, making it so people know it is an alt and giving trust back to main avis.

I follow this topic fom the start, I voted (no) then was asking myself because of some arguments, but finally I will stick to my "no".

It seems that some of you want to make 3DX safer than the real world...preventing people from cheating their partners or whatever. Is it my french mind or there is a bit of puritanism in some of these arguments ?

I share the fear of witch hunting explained by Elenn, and she made good points.

I am one on these new player everybody wants to protect from deception . Thanks for thinking about us, but I did not ask for it.

And far more important, for the near two months i have been here, I never met any problem to share conversations with anybody. Noboby seemed to think I was a deceitul alt and not a new player.

I have met wonderful people here and I enjoy a lot coming in the 3DX world.

Obviously there are two kind of community here, those witch you describe as "the players" and the "social people". But all the dramas I have seen around are not from the "players" but from some of the "social people" who act here like if they are on facebook, spying on friends, "cheating" or whatever.

As far as I know the "players" are stuck in the users sex rooms where they can find what they want.

Please, dont think every new player is an easy target for mind games, or need protection from sick perverts who wants to deceive them. We are all adults here.

Alright to further enlighten this subject.
Guy A - Main avi     Girl A - Main Avi

Guy B - Alt 1 avi     Girl B - Alt 1 avi

Guy C - Alt 2 avi     Girl C - Alt 2 avi

Avi A1 - Any sex main avi

Avi B2 - Any sex Alt 1 avi

Avi C3 - Any sex Alt 2 avi

Guy A is with someone, in PM to Girl A asking to be their side piece, Girl A decides to be with him so he creates another avi to be with her in Public.

Guy A was with his gf/wife earlier, she goes offline, he goes on Guy B, starts talking to Girl A who is new, they are together hanging out go to private have sex.  Girlfriend/wife comes back online while in public rooms while he's on Guy B with Girl A, He states he has to go and gets back on Guy A to be with gf/wife.

Instead he goes on Guy C and starts talking to Girl B who he doesn't know is an alt of any Girl A, goes off having sex, Girl B realizes who Guy C is tells his gf/wife about the avi.

Some Guy A and Girl A avis, never find out that their significant other is on another avi cheating on them, some do.

Same for Girl A but not retyping it, but this follows through with any avi.

Avis A1 are friends, one Avi A1 does something to another Avi A1, goes on an Avi B2 to go to others while talking about the Avi A1 did, getting those Avi A1s to be upset with the other Avi A1 and causes distrust of them.  The other Avi A1 that is being spoke of doesn't know what has gone on and hears that from their other Avi A1 friends, not knowing it was their friend on Avi A1 the confide how upset they are.  That Avi A1 while using Avi B2 hurt that person and betrayed their trust.

With Roleplay, there is no reason that using an alt avi to play with another group is an issue as long as it's not used to hurt the other group as this had been done for many years on other sites and forums that it's understood but most honest Roleplayers tell the groups their in about it so they are aware out of respect.

There are some that go on an alt avi to be together without having their friends contact them so they can enjoy some alone time out in the rooms.  They don't have any friends on those avi because they don't bother with anyone.

There are some that go on an alt to just relax, only letting a few of their friends know it's them because they just want to relax.

Some list their alt avi on their profile so others know it's them.

People don't care if you're using an Alt avi(s) but they do care when it's used to hurt others.

P.S. I can relate to this post as well as many others as we're those people that have been hurt and want to see this game be safe for all Users so the deceit isn't as easily allowed against other Users.  People will think twice about hurting someone else if they're using an alt Avi to do it and there is a way for the main Avi to know.

I vote no.

This whole thread really irks me because of  "If you have nothing to hide then then you have nothing to worry about" logic being used. It actually makes me sick just reading those posts.

No, of course it's not OK when people get hurt or cheated on, but let's not forget that, ultimately, what some choose to do with their alts is their decision and if they hurt someone in the process, that's on them. That's their nature and I'm sure they would find a way to do that even if alts did not exist.

While I have nothing to hide, I still very much value my privacy and I have no interest in any account wide ID's,  showing my alts in different colors or anything else that would undermine my anonymity.