3DXChat Community

Video streaming TV-s?

Tsela

5 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

This is how we do it. Using VLC Player, set it to "always on top" and play a file from your harddrive at the same time. 

Screenshot 2023-10-03 113900.png

Oh. I just simply use discord streaming and we watch together the same way, playing a file through VLC or anything. Just it would be cool if TV function was back. It was a nice touch. And they said like years ago that it will work again after transitioning from Flash to html. Oh well :)

Edited by Tsela

• 4 weeks later...

I tested this functionality on another platform based on Unity, the name of which I will not mention because I do not want to promote it, being a loyal member of 3DXChat, I want the developers to be paid for their work. I am only sharing my experience with you. The plugin in question can play video files in ogv format. The file may be on your PC in which case you are the only one to see it. For everyone in the room to see it, you had to install the file on a file server. In this case, the members present in the room will be able to see it provided they are present in the room when you launch the file, otherwise they will have to wait for the next clip to be launched. Now the question arises of the copyright of the video file on the server. 3DXChat could be held responsible for broadcasting clips without authorization from its owner. Of course this does not concern YT streaming since the rights are managed by this platform. But this is not possible with the TV plugin I experimented with.