3DXChat Community

music stream not not working

Paulinus

As I've said in other threads, I also had my stream broken by the 'update'. I use traktor, which streams in ogg.

I found a workaround, given 3DX was never going to.

The solution is thankfully simple - find the Butt client and download that. It's free, very small and works in the background to capture your soundcard output and broadcast that to your regular stream address.

It took me 20 mins, once I got the settings right (address/port/password etc/stream in mp3 etc). 

These instructions might help give you an idea of what to do:

https://help.radio.co/en/articles/899769-broadcast-using-this-tool-butt

https://danielnoethen.de/butt/

Edited by sams

52 minutes ago, sams said:

As I've said in other threads, I also had my stream broken by the 'update'. I use traktor, which streams in ogg.

I found a workaround, given 3DX was never going to.

The solution is thankfully simple - find the Butt client and download that. It's free, very small and works in the background to capture your soundcard output and broadcast that to your regular stream address.

It took me 20 mins, once I got the settings right (address/port/password etc/stream in mp3 etc). 

These instructions might help give you an idea of what to do:

https://help.radio.co/en/articles/899769-broadcast-using-this-tool-butt

https://danielnoethen.de/butt/

Told you to change to .mp3 instead of .ogg, happy it works for you 😛

But in this case that isn't the issue, the issue is that the stream doesn't play for him, while it plays for me, suggesting that it has something to do with how it processes the audio data stream, hereby the rumors of the samplerate being a trigger that I mentioned ealier, but I have faith the dev team will eventually sort it out.

15 hours ago, MissD said:

Told you to change to .mp3 instead of .ogg, happy it works for you 😛

But in this case that isn't the issue, the issue is that the stream doesn't play for him, while it plays for me, suggesting that it has something to do with how it processes the audio data stream, hereby the rumors of the samplerate being a trigger that I mentioned ealier, but I have faith the dev team will eventually sort it out.

the sample rate has nothing to do with it, as far as i can tell, given i tried them all.

rather than try to dismiss a proven workaround, why not let him try it?

my stream always worked in my browser, and stopped in 3dx with the update. that's why he should give it a try at least.

and no, going by their track record of not bothering to fix things they broke years ago, 3dx will not fix this.

---

also, list2myradio is free, has basically unlimited listener privileges, and broadcasts in 192k across shoutcast1, 2 and icecast2.

if you need some help, @Paulinus I can try to get you going with an account.

Edited by sams

16 hours ago, MissD said:

I heard it had something to do with samplerate, that is why I tested both, apparently 44100Hz causes issues, but if you use 48000Hz it should be fine, I'm not sure how accurate this is..
But hopefully it'll get sorted out quick too 🙂

This is not accurate, I encode everything @48000Hz and never had issues. It is something much deeper.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:22 PM, SerenityWillow said:

This is not accurate, I encode everything @48000Hz and never had issues. It is something much deeper.

Exactly what I have been told.. If you use 48000Hz things should work fine, but if you use 44100Hz it will bug out for some people ?

Like I said I am not sure if this is accurate or not, I tried to test different sample rates and bitrates, without any clear findings in my case, but if it can resolve someone else's issues until patched, then it's worth giving a try changing the samplerate.

@ SAMS
this workaround is a nice try, but does not apply AutoDj. I Got no problem with streaming in shoutcast2 without autoDJ anyhow.
Its for sure "something deeper" problem as @SerentiyWillow stated before.

for info:
I started a test together with my provider with 5 several url's to my test Icecast2 stream and after checking the log protocols the answer from my provider was this:

ich befürchte sie müssten sich damit an den Betreiber des Chats wenden. Die Requests kommen an und sich auch erfolgreich (Status 200). Ich sehe keinen Grund, warum das nicht funktionieren soll an dieser Stelle:

85.195.88.149 - - [18/Sep/2023:12:37:04 +0200] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 200 85837 "-" "WinampMPEG/5.09" 4
85.195.88.149 - - [18/Sep/2023:12:41:15 +0200] "GET /stream HTTP/1.0" 200 85837 "-" "WinampMPEG/5.09" 3
85.195.88.149 - - [18/Sep/2023:12:45:06 +0200] "GET /stream.mp3 HTTP/1.0" 200 85869 "-" "WinampMPEG/5.09" 4
139.178.124.65 - - [18/Sep/2023:12:49:04 +0200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 85837 "-" "WinampMPEG/5.09" 3
139.178.124.65 - - [18/Sep/2023:12:53:01 +0200] "GET /stream HTTP/1.1" 200 85853 "-" "WinampMPEG/5.09" 4

translation:
I'm afraid you would have to contact the chat operator about this. The requests arrive and are successful (status 200). I see no reason why this shouldn't work at this point:

So I am very sure this problem is caused by the new Winamp client they installed with the update  in replacement of the very well working BASS client before.

Another suggestion for you to try is see if your provider can setup your streamer with a 4 digit port to see if that is it. I have in the past ran into this issue before setting up web servers. It is a long shot but after comparing your url to mine, the only difference is I have a 4 digit port number and your provider has supplied a 5 digit port. Like I said it is a long shot but something to try.

Please keep us posted on your findings.

WOW! This is a very strange issue. Every link you have provided works in a browser but not in game, which is not normal. Simple logic tells us that if it will stream in a web browser it will stream in 3DX. Guess that logic went flying out the door on this one. I even tried to format the URL with your server IP and still does not work.

Do you know what country your provider is based? It may be your providers country is blacklisted from the servers.

I am really starting to agree that the game is at fault, the update changed something that some streaming providers are not compatible with.

It could be the DDoS system doing it, could be a protocol issue, could be a whole host of things.

I guess we need to hear from Gizmo what he changed on the streaming server, and why it was necessary to fix something that was not broke. It maybe he had no choice with the new version of Unity we are on now, I don't know. I do know this is silly and is something really dumb doing this that is probably an easy fix but hard to find.

If I think of anything else I will respond, but at this point I am at my wits end on this. I really hope you figure this out Paulinus.

As I said before, I can set you up on my server until you get everything sorted out, and if you want shoutcast, I can easily setup a shoutcast server for you.

Good luck.

it is for sure not a country or IP based blocking, as my shoutcast2 stream from the same provider work perfect.with same IP and same URL-design.

And, btw, as I have written before, I made up a test account at another provider and with this  the icecast stream didn't work either

, where shoutcast2 works good too.

Edited by Paulinus

On 9/13/2023 at 9:47 AM, Paulinus said:

is YOUR stream icecast1 or icecast2?
Because my provider checked the outgoing stream from the server and states that its correct and playable in e.g. Firefox, VLC und Dragon Player .
I am rather sure, the new 3dxchat integrated player is the problem, as it also refuses to play shoutcast1 now.
And i m not the only one with streaming issues after the update.

PLEASE SUPPORT, COMMENT THIS!

Ich habe das gleiche Problem, mit dem Update - geht von meinem Traktor s3 der link nicht in Game.
Ich hoffe das es bald wieder inornung gebracht wird =(((

• 1 month later...

I've been dealing with same issues and seemingly a lot of others are as well.  OGG/Vorbis used to work great now not at all.  Switching to MP3/MPEG1 Layer3 works most of the time but then I have issues with the in game client disconnecting usually have to go into settings and toggle the radio off and on to get the stream back.  Been happening in multiple different rooms and DJ streams.

Edited by Krazed

27 minutes ago, Krazed said:

I've been dealing with same issues and seemingly a lot of others are as well.  OGG/Vorbis used to work great now not at all.  Switching to MP3/MPEG1 Layer3 works most of the time but then I have issues with the in game client disconnecting usually have to go into settings and toggle the radio off and on to get the stream back.  Been happening in multiple different rooms and DJ streams.

That is the old music bug that came back with the new update.

You cannot fix it, all you can do is what you have been doing, and that is disabling and then re-enabling the radio.

• 1 month later...