3DXChat Community

music stream not not working

Paulinus

after the update my own music stream is no longer working in my room.
I tried it out and it seems that shoutcast1 is no longer supported, only shoutcast2 is working.
Appearently the music player client was changed from "Bass" to "Winamp"
Please make shoutcast1 work again!  I am sure i am not the only one who suffers that issue.

Edited by Paulinus
-

7 hours ago, Paulinus said:

after the update my own music stream is no longer working in my room.
I tried it out and it seems that shoutcast1 is no longer supported, only shoutcast2 is working.
Appearently the music player client was changed from "Bass" to "Winamp"
Please make shoutcast1 work again!  I am sure i am not the only one who suffers that issue.

Just use Icecast, it is much better, no restrictions.

tried icecast now; icecast2 stream works in my webbrowser window, but not in the game.
Maybe it needs the IP as number (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and not as name (like myserver.at) ?

edit: NO, does not work either,
ONLY shoutcast2 is working

Edited by Paulinus

5 hours ago, Paulinus said:

tried icecast now; icecast2 stream works in my webbrowser window, but not in the game.
Maybe it needs the IP as number (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and not as name (like myserver.at) ?

edit: NO, does not work either,
ONLY shoutcast2 is working

That would lead me to believe it is an issue with your streaming service.

If you are able to play the stream in a browser, then the problems lie with your provider unfortunately.

Basically, the radio plays the stream exactly as a web browser does, so if it is playable in a browser then it is not 3DXChat radio then.

It is the reason it has to be entered as a web URL in the radio.

My radio is working perfectly, if you pm me your station URL I can try it in my room for you and see if it plays, if it does something is going on with your pc that needs to be addressed.

I disagree. The old 3dx had an integrated "Bass" client to play the music, the new update got an "Winamp"client integrated now.
So that does NOT mean your webbrowser plays it the same way as the 3DXCHAT radio.

but a cross-check would be nice anyway, so I set my testserver with icecast protocol to autoDJ for the next days (5 listeners at the same time limit).

url for the stream are:

https://server36246.streamplus.de:11044/stream.mp3

or

http://server36246.streamplus.de:11232/stream.mp3

both are working in my Brave Browser, which shows

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

as client.

and both are NOT working in the 3dxchat radio player, whiche shows

WinampMPEG/5.09

as client

edit; btw: the old room radio player showed "BASS audio library 2.4" as client

Edited by Paulinus

9 hours ago, MeiLing said:

so no reason it does not work... kbps?

He is correct, I checked the URLs he gave, and both play in a browser but neither play in 3DX which is true as it will not work in my room either, so you have something strange happening there Paulinus, for sure. I wish I could help but this is now beyond my scope of it.

is YOUR stream icecast1 or icecast2?
Because my provider checked the outgoing stream from the server and states that its correct and playable in e.g. Firefox, VLC und Dragon Player .
I am rather sure, the new 3dxchat integrated player is the problem, as it also refuses to play shoutcast1 now.
And i m not the only one with streaming issues after the update.

PLEASE SUPPORT, COMMENT THIS!

2 hours ago, Shirlzzz said:

My stream is icecast2 and also not working... I tried different things but my stream is working perfect I just get no connection in world!!! Hope we get a solution soon...

As Icecast is not the problem. (Mine works fine). What do you use together with Icecast?

I can't believe that the game is the issue, by your logic my streams should not play because it is icecast, which I have had ZERO issues with the music streaming since I have been using it.

And yes Paulinus, they will play in a browser, both links you provided.

Do you use a streaming service provider also Shirlzzz?

And this from Winamp: -[in_mp3] doesn't play high bitrate MPEG-2.5 Layer 3 files (info) (fixed in 5.22)

But again, I have had no issues and I stream at 192kbps mp3

To determine if this is the case, re-encode a file to a low bitrate and see if it plays. But this should make no difference if it is something on you or your provider end.

Another thing to consider is if the stream is actually being streamed SSL or non SSL.

Here is another thing you can try, use my stream and see if it works for you, and if it does it will tell you concrete if it is you or the game as my stream works as it should.

I will change the port in 2 days so you will need to use it by then.

http://www.dreamgridsrvr.org:8008/radio

Please try that and report your findings for us.

yes, your stream is working in my room.

As Icecast is not the problem. (Mine works fine). What do you use together with Icecast?

but I still miss the answer: is it icecast1 or icecast2 ? (or which version of icecast?) (mine and Shirlzzz's is icecast2)

Another thing to consider is if the stream is actually being streamed SSL or non SSL.

that's why I provided 2 url's, one for http and one https

To determine if this is the case, re-encode a file to a low bitrate and see if it plays.

my stream is 64Kbit only anyway ... and below 40Kbit it starts sounding awful.

btw: I also tried to connect via VPN and also changed between US and Europe server with no result.

my ticked on support is still open for that.

Edited by Paulinus

@PaulinusI really do believe the problem lies with your provider, as you say my stream works in your room, so now we have narrowed it down to it not being the game or your pc because my stream works as it should.

It could very well be something to do with the compatibility of your provider to the game, as the update may have changed a configuration that conflicts with your provider.

So basically, you are in a position with your provider that it will not stream any bitrate or file properties such as .ogg or .mp3.

Maybe when they respond to your ticket, it may shed some light on what is happening.

A side note, if you encode your files to 128kbps it will sound much better and not use that much more space. 64kbps is really designed for mono audio for speech and that sort of sound. Just thought I would pass that along.

I still do not know if your stream is icecast or icecast2. ?
I dont think its my provider, as others got this issue too;

support answered already; they excuse for these inconveniances and are working on it.

and yes, of course the MP3 encoding is 128 for me me too, I was talking about the streaming bandwith

So lets wait, if there will be a solution, I will stream in shoutcast2 in the meantime

Icecast 2.4.4 works fine with 3DXChat for me.

Tried bitrates: 128k, 192k and 320k
with samplerates: 44100Hz and 48000Hz
Without having any issues.

1 hour ago, Paulinus said:

well, as I always want to know whats going on, I made a test account at another provider and created another Icecast2 stream
IT IS NOT WORKING in 3dx EITHER!
go and try yourself:
http://server3.streamserver-unlimited.de:8800/live

I keep it alive for 24 hours.

Tested the link you provided works fine for me in 3dx.

3 hours ago, MissD said:

Icecast 2.4.4 works fine with 3DXChat for me.

Tried bitrates: 128k, 192k and 320k
with samplerates: 44100Hz and 48000Hz
Without having any issues.

Tested the link you provided works fine for me in 3dx.

That link does not work in my room either, tried changing to European server but nothing.

Gizmo and team really need to look into this as it seems to be a strange phenomenon, Pualinus may be on to something when he brought up that changing from Bass streamer to Winamp may be what is causing this. I am just thankful mine is working as it should, cause it sucks to have to listen to commercials. Though streaming music seems simple on the surface, but it can be very technical under the hood.