3DXChat Community

broken streaming

sams

I use traktor, which uses icecast to stream in .ogg.

It does not stream in any other codec. It only uses icecast. 

My stream worked on the old version of 3dx (right up to the switch).

It was broken in the beta - this issue was reported.

It remains broken in the live update. 

I am not the only one with this problem.

I have signed up to two additional streaming websites to see if it was my provider. None of them work.

Please fix, or please suggest a fix.

Edited by sams

23 hours ago, Ravell said:

Hi 

I have same problem . I use Shoutcast and mp3 encoder. First day after patch was fine and when I have tried  today to stream music for some reason did not work.

the whole thing is a complete mess

Edited by sams

as far as I tried it out, shoutcast1 streams are no longer supported; shoutcast2 streams are working well.
The music client of 3dx was shown as "Bass" client before and now is shown as "Winamp" client.
Why was it necessary to change that client?
I can stream shoutcast1 as well as shoutcast2, but alas I loose some nice autoDJ features when I cannot  use shoutcast1 
PLEASE change that back again!

6 hours ago, JenniferBoise said:

why Winamp?
Winamp was discontinued back in 2013, dear Gizmo, Winamp was the wrong choice. Can you change that again?

Winamp has been updated recently, and what you described will only affect the stations on the game radio, private streams do not even go through 3dx, they are broadcast

by a streaming server(encoder) straight to the game radio player. Before one lays blame on the game, I would be looking at your provider for answers.

I have my own server and private music streaming server, and I have not had a single problem in the beta or the recent update.

I use Icecast for my encoder and RadioBoss for my broadcast player. I have tried many different players, but I found RadioBoss worked the best.

Now if the radio didn't work in all the rooms, I would say it is 3DX then.

On 9/5/2023 at 11:32 AM, sams said:

I use traktor, which uses icecast to stream in .ogg.

It does not stream in any other codec. It only uses icecast. 

My stream worked on the old version of 3dx (right up to the switch).

It was broken in the beta - this issue was reported.

It remains broken in the live update. 

I am not the only one with this problem.

I have signed up to two additional streaming websites to see if it was my provider. None of them work.

Please fix, or please suggest a fix.

From Traktor's downloads page:

SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMATS

MP3, WAV, AIFF, Audio CD, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, non-DRM AAC

16 minutes ago, SerenityWillow said:

From Traktor's downloads page:

SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMATS

MP3, WAV, AIFF, Audio CD, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, non-DRM AAC

Oh dear me. Yes, traktor plays those codecs.

And it streams in .ogg only. 

As I said.

But congratulations on discovering google.

And not reading my posts before commenting.

Edited by sams

1 hour ago, sams said:

Oh dear me. Yes, traktor plays those codecs.

And it streams in .ogg only. 

As I said.

But congratulations on discovering google.

And not reading my posts before commenting.

Again from Traktor's web site:

Please note:

• We broadcast all Traktor live streams in mp3 and ogg Vorbis format.
  • Broadcasting is only available in Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro.
  • Google is awesome!

17 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

Are there more then one Traktor?

Traktor Pro 3 plays all kinds of file formats - be it OGG, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, WAV or whatever.

However, its internal broadcast system captures the master signal, and encodes it into .ogg only. That is then output to a streaming service.

However, the master signal can be captured by a third party app, re-encoded into another format - in my case MP3 - and then sent to a stream.

And that's what I've had to do to get it working in 3DX.

Less of the smart ass please, it's not becoming.

Edited by sams

5 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

I just encoded some files to .ogg and it streams just fine for me in the game. So the codec of the file makes no difference I'm afraid.

So what you've just said: you have played some .ogg files on your computer. That's great for you, I'm so pleased.

Now try broadcasting your stream in .ogg (note the crucial difference here) and see if 3dx picks it up.

I checked this by streaming .ogg in my room. And I don't stream the files from my computer, I have a dedicated web server hosting my music server.

I broadcasted  .ogg from my server to 3DXChat and played it on the radio in my room.

Where did I say that I played it on my computer?

Look I am just trying to help you sams, but if you are going to get all assy about shit I am done, I will just help the others that are not being assy and appreciate it.

I will repeat, YOU are blaming the game for something, that obviously is not any fault of the game. The problem lies with your configuration or your service provider.

If it were 3DX then it would happen to everyone. Not only I but many, many, many, more do not have this issue.

And I was not being a smartass, just copy and pasting what it said on their site. But to your defense you were right and I was wrong about it only streams in .ogg.

Why would you use such a limited service? To each his own I guess.

Have a great day sams. Hope you figure it out.

3 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

I checked this by streaming .ogg in my room. And I don't stream the files from my computer, I have a dedicated web server hosting my music server.

I broadcasted  .ogg from my server to 3DXChat and played it on the radio in my room.

etc

etc

etc

It WAS the fault of the game. It worked for two years before the update, then it didn't in the beta, and then when the beta got rolled out as is, it still did not work.

How hard is it for you to see the problem here?

But I fixed my issue even before you turned up with all of this 'you're doing it wrong' stuff.

I don't know what's wrong with you so I can't help fix that.

Edited by sams

On 9/15/2023 at 11:59 AM, VyereltOfRivia said:

Just to add my 2 cents. i had been having this issue of no stream in 3DX with winamp and shoutcast not broadcasting. so i downloaded a fresh and updated winamp and shoutcast DSP. Installed  them clean and set both back up Using Shoutcast 2 and its working again. it's def not the game causing the problem. 

utter tosh