3DXChat Community

Launcher won't install

AbigailMare

Hello!
You need to uncheck the read-only folder or try to run the launcher from another folder, e.g. "D:\GAMES\3DXChat\Launcher".
make sure that the folder with the game is added to the exceptions of antivirus, maybe some of the executable files is blocked. 

Ok, now everything is kind of falling apart. I have turned off my antivirus and nothing. I check my email and don't see the digital receipt from my purchase from BMT, yet I have the password from the purchase. Does anyone know what is happening. Getting a little upset that I can't use the product I paid for. Please help.

Can you post a bit more specific about your problems, any error codes your getting, launcher not opening, game opening but closing right after, loading loop etc. ?

First move the launcher out of the downloads folder, it's not an installer, it will download the files and place them where you run the launcher from.
Make a new folder on one of your drives e.g. X:\Games\3DXChat and place the launcher and it's files in there.

Then run the launcher and it should download the game files for you, if it makes a network error, your ISP/Country might have blocked access to 3dx, try to use a VPN.

After the launcher is done downloading it might not launch the game, if that is the case, go into the Game folder located within the launcher folder, you should see a file named 3DXChat.exe, run that and it should start the launcher and then the game.

I hope this helps otherwise, feel free to dm me I'll try to help you get it sorted 🙂

Well, I fully turned off my antivirus, turned off OneDrive. I have deleted and redownloaded 4 times. Still nothing. What's worse is I can't cancel my subscription becuase I still haven't gotten the confirmation from BMT. Yet the money was taken from my account. This kind of sucks.

Hi AbagailMare,

Let me see if I can assist you.

1. You logged into 3DXChat.com under members and were able to get to the members page where you can download the Launcher. If you did you should see a folder named 3DXChat.zip in your Downloads folder.

2. Did you right-click on the .zip file and click on "Extract All" and get a box showing "C:\Users\_yourusername_\Downloads\3DXChat, then clicked on Extract? This should give you a Folder named 3DXChat that Windows opened. You should see another folder named 3DXChat. Please double-click on that folder. It should open and you should see 1 file named 3DXChat and a folder named Launcher.

3. Double-click on the 3DXChat file. This may give you an open file security warning box upon clicking on it. Please hit Run (my system does this warning box 2 times under  Windows 10 Pro). This should open a box that shows the launcher downloading the game. This can take a while depending on ones internet connection.

I did not have to turn off my antivirus (using McAfee) to download or run anything.

4. Once this completes, this should install the game into the Games folder on your C drive. Please click on Local Drive (C:) and you should see a list of folders on your computer. The "Games" folder may be hidden (mine is by default). You will need to "unhide" it using by clicking on the Folders icon on your taskbar, which will bring up a box showing your drives and folders on your left, etc. At the top of the box, you will see File, Home, Share and View. Click on view. A box just below that appears and look to your right you should see where it says "Hidden Items" with a checkbox beside it. Please click the checkbox. Upon doing so, you should see the Games folder listed below.

5. You should see a 3DXChat folder. Double-click on it and it should show you another folder named 3DXChat. Please double-click on that folder and you should see a file named 3DXChat and 3 folders named DistrBackup, Game and Launcher.

6. Double-click on the 3DXChat file and this should start the game.

I hope this helps ma'am.

Sincerely,

JohnPS.

So, once I get to step three nothing happens. I moved the folder to my games folder and tried again and still nothing. I tried opening the file marked "3DXChat" and it didn't open. So I went into the launcher folder then tried to open the "3DXLauncher" and still nothing popped up. I'm not sure what's wrong.

did you get any kind of error message when you tried to open the 3DXChat file?

Have you listed the 3DXChat.exe in your Exceptions list (could also be called White List) in your Antivirus? This could be the issue as most A/V are completely paranoid nowadays.

Hmmm.....okay. I haven't used Windows Security (Windows Defender) since the beginning of Windows 7, so I would be blind leading us to find out if there is a white list within it, plus I can't get to mine without uninstalling McAfee, and I do not wish to do that to you, ma'am.

My apologies as I was unable to assist you.

4 hours ago, AbigailMare said:

Well, I fully turned off my antivirus, turned off OneDrive. I have deleted and redownloaded 4 times. Still nothing. What's worse is I can't cancel my subscription becuase I still haven't gotten the confirmation from BMT. Yet the money was taken from my account. This kind of sucks.

@Gizmo @Lisa  She needs help