Jump to content
3DXChat Community

ReShade causing False Game File Corruption Error.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

USING RESHADE WILL CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO GET BANNED

Error Log v1

OS    Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

Path    E:\3DXChat2.8
File path    E:\3DXChat2.8\AssetBundles\data\062637a8f3826e1defe2c45777fe8c3f
File size    2013

Corrupted files:
E:\3DXChat2.8\dxgi.dll    3689296

End

 

dxgi.dll is the reshade injection.
Reshade was not an issue in previous versions of 3DXChat.

UPDATE | WARNING: Got banned because the game thinks ReShade is 'suspicious activity.'

UPDATE: I was unbanned but advised to simply not use ReShade. Why can't they just stop the system from flagging?

Edited by Labrys3DX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This should be handled pretty much ASAP or I'm more or less done with 3DXChat, I wanted to make some good screenshots and videos :(

 

Edited by Labrys3DX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loruna said:

So... you complain about, that you got banned for messing with the game files?... Ok

First off, I'm not complaining.
Second off, it's a graphics enhancement that did not trigger a false positive ban in the past. 

Don't comment if you're not adding anything constructive to this discussion, please and thank you. Have a nice day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Any kind of mods have not been possible since the 64-bit version and the 32-bit got retired as far as i know :o 

Edited by Yvonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Labrys3DX said:

First off, I'm not complaining.
Second off, it's a graphics enhancement that did not trigger a false positive ban in the past. 

Don't comment if you're not adding anything constructive to this discussion, please and thank you. Have a nice day.

Wait... you dont complain? Okay... so... whats this then: "This should be handled pretty much ASAP or I'm more or less done with 3DXChat."

Second of all, this is not a discussion. If you decide to edit the game files, even if its graphic enhancement, its against the ToS. You decided to take that risk and you got banned for it. There is nothing to fix in this case. The ban is correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loruna said:

Wait... you dont complain? Okay... so... whats this then: "This should be handled pretty much ASAP or I'm more or less done with 3DXChat."

Second of all, this is not a discussion. If you decide to edit the game files, even if its graphic enhancement, its against the ToS. You decided to take that risk and you got banned for it. There is nothing to fix in this case. The ban is correct.

🤡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yvonny said:

Any kind of mods have not been possible since the 64-bit version and the 32-bit got retired as far as i know :o 

Nah I was using ReShade a few months ago, came back to the game after a small hiatus and was trying to get ReShade working again and this happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wow so much hypocrisy. 

Couple years ago, before the release of 64-bit client probably half of 3dxchat's population, or at least a very big part of it was using rochi's .dll because it was making game so much better. If you played back then, even if you did not use it personally - you all had friends who used it. And yes, it was against ToS too. Not like ToS changed since then. And its okay that people used it, because it did not really make any harm, it was only making the game experience better.

Yet now you are shaming / attacking OP because they also just using some harmless modification that just improves graphics.

I am strictly against any harmful invasions into game's client and hacks, but why are you being such a hypocrites and getting so bitter about someone just tweaking game's graphics? 

 

Edited by Xizi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Xizi said:

Wow so much hypocrisy. 

Couple years ago, before the release of 64-bit client probably half of 3dxchat's population, or at least a very big part of it was using rochi's .dll because it was making game so much better. If you played back then, even if you did not use it personally - you all had friends who used it. And yes, it was against ToS too. Not like ToS changed since then. And its okay that people used it, because it did not really make any harm, it was only making the game experience better.

Yet now you are shaming / attacking OP because they also just using some harmless modification that just improves graphics.

I am strictly against any harmful invasions into game's client and hacks, but why are you being such a hypocrites and getting so bitter about someone just tweaking game's graphics? 

 

I'm not hypocrite. I used the dll as well and if I would have gotten banned, I wouldnt have complained at all because it would have been correct.
If you use such mods, you accept the risk of getting banned, period. Because it is obviously against the ToS.

And if you complain then about it, of course you get the right responds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Loruna said:

I'm not hypocrite. I used the dll as well and if I would have gotten banned, I wouldnt have complained at all because it would have been correct.

I am pretty sure you have more than enough smarts to understand that if something getting used by a huge portion of playerbase - it will not lead to any serious ban. Becasue it would mean banning hundreds and hundreds, maybe even thousands of players. And I am sure you are realised it these days before too. Gizmo would not just go and ban huge portion of playerbase, it would be insane and damaging for the game and he seems to be reasonable person. Me, probably you, and most people with some brain matter in their head was realising that days that rochi's .dll is kinda grey area, semi-legit territory, formally against the ToS, but in reality not a ban reason. 

Following ToS to the letter would not be good at all. Lets just check some ToS points:

2.01. Excessive profanity and inappropriate language is not welcome.

So all the dirty talk in sex theoretically can lead to ban.

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment are not tolerated on any level.

"On any level". So even "abusive" RP with consensual partner can theoretically lead to ban.

2.04. Allusion of racial or national supremacy, as well as discriminative propaganda on any level is prohibited.

Yeah, BBC rooms not gonna live well if follow this to the latter. Or at least many of these rooms' regulars.

2.17. Discussion of social, religious, political, illegal or other controversial topics that may create offense is prohibited.

Almost all WC belongs in the ban too.

If follow ToS to the letter - it would be enough to get in the ban more than half of the server's population. 

And its okay. TOS / EULA is always that way, it gives devs/moderators ways to protect the game. Its reasonable. But not every law should be followed to the latter. There is such a concept as "common sense". No need to ban people who are not harmful to others / to the game. 

2 hours ago, Loruna said:

And if you complain then about it, of course you get the right responds.

I mean, a person got banned for not doing anything harmful (at least if they tell the truth, I can't know for sure of course, I don't know them personally) - and you trying to push them down. What do you get from giving such a response? Scratching your ego? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Xizi said:

I am pretty sure you have more than enough smarts to understand that if something getting used by a huge portion of playerbase - it will not lead to any serious ban. Becasue it would mean banning hundreds and hundreds, maybe even thousands of players. And I am sure you are realised it these days before too. Gizmo would not just go and ban huge portion of playerbase, it would be insane and damaging for the game and he seems to be reasonable person. Me, probably you, and most people with some brain matter in their head was realising that days that rochi's .dll is kinda grey area, semi-legit territory, formally against the ToS, but in reality not a ban reason. 

Following ToS to the letter would not be good at all. Lets just check some ToS points:

2.01. Excessive profanity and inappropriate language is not welcome.

So all the dirty talk in sex theoretically can lead to ban.

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment are not tolerated on any level.

"On any level". So even "abusive" RP with consensual partner can theoretically lead to ban.

2.04. Allusion of racial or national supremacy, as well as discriminative propaganda on any level is prohibited.

Yeah, BBC rooms not gonna live well if follow this to the latter. Or at least many of these rooms' regulars.

2.17. Discussion of social, religious, political, illegal or other controversial topics that may create offense is prohibited.

Almost all WC belongs in the ban too.

If follow ToS to the letter - it would be enough to get in the ban more than half of the server's population. 

And its okay. TOS / EULA is always that way, it gives devs/moderators ways to protect the game. Its reasonable. But not every law should be followed to the latter. There is such a concept as "common sense". No need to ban people who are not harmful to others / to the game. 

I mean, a person got banned for not doing anything harmful (at least if they tell the truth, I can't know for sure of course, I don't know them personally) - and you trying to push them down. What do you get from giving such a response? Scratching your ego? 

First: I do actually agree. I think, any game should allow kind of "addons" that would allow the players to enhance their game experience as they want. 
But as it is done right now, noone can tell if someone uses the dll just for graphic stuff or to harm the other people experiences. Thats why the game will try to detect modified gamefiles. The system cant see if the dll does harm or not, it just sees it is modified and out of that it will ban you. 

This applies to any modded game. For example WoW. I did play there with "nude mods". Its a grey area for the devs. They know these mods are there, but they dont take action against it. They only say "If the system bans you, its your fault 'cause you manipulated the files". 

And sorry but no, if many people do it, it doesnt make it right. Because then, weed should be legal too. World wide. As an example.

 

Following the ToS word by word is also a thing. As I say in my job always, "it depends". BBC rooms are mostly fantasy. Meaning, people enjoying this imagination and roleplay but they dont use it to discriminate someone. But at the same time, people could use it to discriminate someone. So it depends on who you speak to.

But editing game files is also the same thing. It depends who uses them. I and you and maybe Labrys as well, would never use it to destroy others game experience, but other people maybe would. It happend often already. So the devs implemented a system that would detect such edited files. No matter if you mean harm or not.

Using such mods is at own risk. You can use them, but you can maybe get banned for it and its correct. 

 

And as last words: I didnt push "them" down, nor do I need to scratch my ego. Dunno why you are now so offensive against me but okay. I only told her that the ban is correct because she decided to use modified game files. Dont know where this is "pushing her down". If it came across like that, I do apologize.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On older Laptops or Notebooks with the "HDR" effect acivated it makes 3DXChat looking much better for some of us and this is just one of many

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...