3DXChat Community

Audio/Music Issues - Version 436

AuroraL

Hello everyone, 

I am using the latest version of the game on a recently updated Windows 10 machine.

Today I noticed that for some reason there is no sound being played from the game, Specifically the music, there are ambiance noises such as Footsteps Etc, But nothing more.

The things I have tried so far were to uninstall the game by deleting the game folder (Since it was installed as a Full Build), deleted the registry for the game and then after a restart I have installed the game once more, but to no avail.

A google search provided this solution - 

But sadly it did not work for me...

I have repeated the process twice with the normal installer (Which downloads the game from the archive) and also once more with the Full build option.

Neither have solved the issue, I am not sure what else to try beyond reinstalling the whole Operating System.

Any sort of assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Aurora, 

Hi MeiLing, 

Thank you for your comment :3

Can't really test that since I did not set up any music in my personal room.

I did try shared rooms though, the situation remained the same.

If you have any other suggestions that would be great ^^

Aurora,

@Hincholas the stream security is most likely not the issue.

I have a streaming server that is streaming on HTTP protocol and works fine.

I can also stream HTTPS protocol as well but there is not really a need to as there is nothing secure being transmitted and it is easier to set up that way as well.

I would suggest trying this:

input the stream address in a browser and if it plays in there and not in game it is an issue with the game.

If it doesn't play that means there is an issue with your computer setup.

I would also recommend that you check your sound settings in windows as well.

Sometimes it will use an alternate sound source when using the game, I know sounds wierd but it has happened to me before.  May not be the cause but definitely something to check. 

This way you have a starting point to troubleshoot the issue further.

Hope this helps :D

🇫🇷 J'ai eut un problème de musique il y a quelques mois. Cela a duré au moins un an. Cela n'avait rien à voir avec la plateforme 3DXChat, la configuration dans les paramètres, ou encore une mise à jour de mon ordi.
Je n'arrivais pas à écouter les statios de radios du groupe 181.fm. Aussi bien dans 3DXChat, que en dehors.
Alors en attendant je me suis fait une playliste sur Zeno Media.
J'avais essayé sur un autre ordi et pareil. Le point commun était mon wi-fi.
Et en fait, le problème venait de mon Fournisseur d'accès Internet. Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais c'était bloqué de chez eux, du jour au lendemain.
Puis, j'avais vu que pour contourner ce problème, il fallait utiliser un VPN. J'ai essayé et effectivement, j'arrivais de nouveau à écouter les stations de radios du groupe 181.fm.
Et là, depuis deux mois, il semble que mon Fournisseur d'accès Internet dans mon pays, ait débloqué le problème.
Alors il est possible que tu ais eut un problème passager comme celui-ci. Si cela vous arrive à l'avenir, et bien c'est une infos à prendre en considération.

🇺🇸 I had a music problem a few months ago. It lasted at least a year. It had nothing to do with the 3DXChat platform, the configuration in the settings, or an update of my computer.
I could not listen to the radio stations of the 181.fm group. Both in 3DXChat, and outside.
So in the meantime I made a playlist on Zeno Media.
I had tried it on another computer and the same thing happened. The common point was my wi-fi.
And in fact, the problem was with my Internet Service Provider. I don't know why, but it was blocked from them, from one day to the next.
Then, I saw that to get around this problem, I had to use a VPN. I tried it and indeed, I was able to listen to the radio stations of the 181.fm group again.
And now, for two months, it seems that my Internet Service Provider in my country has unblocked the problem.
So it's possible that you had a temporary problem like this one. If this happens to you in the future, well that's news to consider.

15 hours ago, MistressBeryl said:

I have Problems in every room, works for a while then sound is broken... Have to rejoin the room to hear it agains. In my own room i can select a radio channel again to get it working.

Try to disable and re-enable radio in your settings, it'll reload the radio, without you having to rejoin a room.