DarrenD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Slightly off topic:

tried yesterday to make it work with my HTC Vive using the Revive compat layer, unfortunately to no avail.

Not complaining, because the Vive is out of the devs' scope for now, still a pity ...

I agree, VR can do magic for a game like this, but only if properly implemented and supported by for the major VR devices.
  • KYUSS and sputnik like this

#22 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

but only if properly implemented and supported by for the major VR devices.

Yes I agree. Not holding out too much confidence in this first attempt, but hopefully they will improve, especially introducing "Touch". I shouldn't think the "Vive" will be far behind the rift version as there shouldn't be much extra work and it would double the market  :)

#23 Lavarina

Lavarina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:51 AM

Slightly off topic:

tried yesterday to make it work with my HTC Vive using the Revive compat layer, unfortunately to no avail.

Not complaining, because the Vive is out of the devs' scope for now, still a pity ...

I agree, VR can do magic for a game like this, but only if properly implemented and supported by for the major VR devices.

I managed to get it working with latest version of Revive.

• gizmo and DarrenD like this

#24 DarrenD

DarrenD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

I managed to get it working with latest version of Revive.

Excellent!! Will have to try tonight :)

#25 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 704 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

Does the latest version of Revive work with 3DXChat VR? Has anyone tried it already?

#26 111-R

111-R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

Does the latest version of Revive work with 3DXChat VR? Has anyone tried it already?

I would be great if the native Oculus version would be functional. At the moment it is a tech demo at best.

#27 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 704 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

111-R, Actually 3DXChat already supports Oculus Rift CV1 and I want to know does HTC Vive work with Revive utility in 3DXChat.

#28 DarrenD

DarrenD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

111-R, Actually 3DXChat already supports Oculus Rift CV1 and I want to know does HTC Vive work with Revive utility in 3DXChat.

It did not work for me some days ago, but I'll have to retry with the latest Revive version.

• gizmo likes this

#29 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 704 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

DarrenD, thanks for your reply! Let me know the result please.

#30 HornyHole

HornyHole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

What the Oculus Rift users of us interest: When will we get a better support for Controller and why do we have no head in the first person / Oculus mode?! :)

• Nymphpott likes this

#31 silasblack187

silasblack187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

It did not work for me some days ago, but I'll have to retry with the latest Revive version.

Are you sure you've done this correctly? Can you explain to me the process of how you've done this so far? I've managed to get every Oculus Rift game working in Revive so far, even Monstrum. Monstrum was an absolute bitch to get working and most people thought Revive just didn't work with that game too. If I can get Monstrum working right, I am pretty sure I can get 3DXChat working too. 

I'd be very surprised if a Unity sex game would not work in Revive as it's not doing anything that different from other Unity games, and it doesn't even use motion controls. How do you normally enable Oculus mode in this game? Do you do it ingame? Or do you just put your Rift headset on?

I want to gather more information before I buy a subscription and attempt to get Revive to work. I've been hooked on VR sex games since I tried VR Kanojo a couple of weeks ago. Even without motion controls, 3DX chat looks amazing, but I absolutely must play this in VR with my Vive. I haven't played a single game on my monitor since I bought my Vive; I even play non VR games like New Vegas in VR using special injectors like VorpX and where applicable Tridef and Reshade + Depth3D

Edit: Forum member Lavarina managed to get this working on the latest version of Revive according to an earlier post I read in this thread. So Revive is definitely possible and I am confident I can get it working too. I'll probably pick up a subscription next week when I am less busy.

#32 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

What the Oculus Rift users of us interest: When will we get a better support for Controller and why do we have no head in the first person / Oculus mode?! :)

For you see in real life. First person....is first person, you see as much as possible as in real life....

#33 HornyHole

HornyHole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

Yes but if I go in Flymode I see my body without a head and that looks weird...

Especially the fly mode is very bad with the Rift.
Also the missing controller support.
Think the best would be if the game support the Touch Controller.

#34 LaurentFR

LaurentFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Hello,

Simple question about Oculus Rift: Does 3DXChat have VoiceChat with it ?

I ask this point because I have see that it's very easy in Unity to add this option for Oculus Rift.

Thanks

#35 Briana

Briana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Asking for adding something very easy in game is sometimes very hard to do for dev's here. Just saying, good luck

#36 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 704 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

3DXChat has no voice chat, sorry. And we have no plans to add voice chat.

#37 Xealea

Xealea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

I managed to turn on Oculus Support accidentally, and Shift-O doesn't toggle it off and I can't access my menu system with my mouse to switch it off again. What do I do?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oculus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users