3DXChat Community
Sign in to follow this  
Travels

Travel Advisory

Damn you distractions, compulsions, and insatiable need to scratch those itches. Damn you. 

Grief. 

I stumbled into a wake/memorial thing last night. Someone passed who I did not know but who was obviously known by many in this community.  It was a startling and humbling experience.  A year into this madness that is 3DXChat and I’m still discovering the depth of this community. 

Maybe a better tagline for this post, better than “grief”, would have been “community”?

I was invited to wake on here myself once. I know what you mean about it being starting and humbling. I didn't know the person, but a friend of mine on here did, and asked me to come support them during that time. It was pretty raw, and I felt very out of place there, but I didn't want to leave until I knew my friend was alright. 

Yes, community is probably the tag you're looking for, Travels

On 9/25/2020 at 8:42 PM, Nektar said:

I was invited to wake on here myself once. I know what you mean about it being starting and humbling. I didn't know the person, but a friend of mine on here did, and asked me to come support them during that time. It was pretty raw, and I felt very out of place there, but I didn't want to leave until I knew my friend was alright. 

Yes, community is probably the tag you're looking for, Travels

You and I had very similar reactions/feelings to the experience it seems.