Jump to content

Travel Advisory


Travels
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

Grief. 
 

I stumbled into a wake/memorial thing last night. Someone passed who I did not know but who was obviously known by many in this community.  It was a startling and humbling experience.  A year into this madness that is 3DXChat and I’m still discovering the depth of this community. 
 

Maybe a better tagline for this post, better than “grief”, would have been “community”?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was invited to wake on here myself once. I know what you mean about it being starting and humbling. I didn't know the person, but a friend of mine on here did, and asked me to come support them during that time. It was pretty raw, and I felt very out of place there, but I didn't want to leave until I knew my friend was alright. 

Yes, community is probably the tag you're looking for, Travels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2020 at 8:42 PM, Nektar said:

I was invited to wake on here myself once. I know what you mean about it being starting and humbling. I didn't know the person, but a friend of mine on here did, and asked me to come support them during that time. It was pretty raw, and I felt very out of place there, but I didn't want to leave until I knew my friend was alright. 

Yes, community is probably the tag you're looking for, Travels

You and I had very similar reactions/feelings to the experience it seems.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

This is where you tell me the search feature is hidden 😏


I’m I was spending a little time wandering around the other day and ended up in the suicide strip club. It was a pleasant enough place to ponder the universe for awhile, and there certainly was a warm welcome. 

As I was surfing the profiles in the room - <random footnote> It is one of my favourite elements of 3DXChat, reading profiles and looking at what art peeps have included. Sometimes the creativity is great, sometimes the no BS directives are refreshing, sometimes the artwork is just up to 11 on the 10 point erotic scale. Anyway, profile surfing amuses me. <\random footnote> - I stumbled upon a profile that just sung to me. I foolishly clicked off the profile for a moment and when I went back the person had exited the room. Before I managed to message them.
 

Kicking myself for being slow and daft, or daftly slow, I started the futile journey of room hopping looking for this person, just to say “Hi”. I was not successful of course. 
 

Lesson learned?  Here’s hoping. 
 

😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Travels said:

This is where you tell me the search feature is hidden 😏


I’m I was spending a little time wandering around the other day and ended up in the suicide strip club. It was a pleasant enough place to ponder the universe for awhile, and there certainly was a warm welcome. 

As I was surfing the profiles in the room - <random footnote> It is one of my favourite elements of 3DXChat, reading profiles and looking at what art peeps have included. Sometimes the creativity is great, sometimes the no BS directives are refreshing, sometimes the artwork is just up to 11 on the 10 point erotic scale. Anyway, profile surfing amuses me. <\random footnote> - I stumbled upon a profile that just sung to me. I foolishly clicked off the profile for a moment and when I went back the person had exited the room. Before I managed to message them.
 

Kicking myself for being slow and daft, or daftly slow, I started the futile journey of room hopping looking for this person, just to say “Hi”. I was not successful of course. 
 

Lesson learned?  Here’s hoping. 
 

😏

Happy Hunting, Travels.  May you find that person again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In game behavior.  Statistically.

 

I've been debating posting this or not.  Figured WTF.  Only about 3 or 4 of you are going to read it anyway, and you 3 or 4 strike me as reasonable humans.

I have, since I started playing 3dx, kept a sort of "log" of my activities in each session.  It's coded, generalized, anonymized (meaning it does not reveal the names of the guilty, apart from myself), non-specific, but does capture some categories of my actions in any particular session.  I am curious how you think this compares with your own.  I am curious in general what the reaction will be, if any.

The categories / codes are:

|  | = a session

{blank} = Relaxing - e.g. wandering around rooms checking out builds, camping in a room likely to enjoy the music, or sitting at the beach, etc.  Can also include profile surfing.

' = Chatting - just chit-chatting through DM with someone

. = Sexual, low/no dialogue - basic pixel smashing, without any of the involved chat / descriptiveness.

: = Sexual, involved dialogue - pixel smashing (or not), but characterized by in depth chat / descriptiveness

^ = Messing with the World Editor

 

The "raw log" as of today is:

- | : | .:| : |.:.|..:| ':| ''..:| '' :|..|  | :|  |'.| .|  |  |.| ''::.| :| '.| '':|  '.:| | '.| '| '| ':':| :| :..:|
|  '| ' :|:|''| '':| | ''| ':|':| | |'.|'|:| :|'| ':| ..|'.'::|^|^ '| .'|''..|.:''| '| ''|':|:.::| ''| :|:| .'|:|''| ''|:'|:|:':| '|'| '| .|:'|:| :| | |:| | | ''| -

 

So the way you would interpret that is that in my first session on 3dx, I spent time [1] wandering about, [2] engaged in a description-heavy sexual encounter, [3] wandered around some more:  | : |

...and unless I've miscounted it looks like I've played 80 times in ~13 months since I started, ~1.5x / wk.

 

There you go.  TMI.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting! It correlates a lot with my own activities on here on a macro level. Early on it was a lot of sexual rendezvous, hitting up new people, exploring and experimenting with the different poses etc etc. As I've "matured" as a user, I find myself spending a lot more time chatting and/or exploring different rooms, dancing, what have you. 

After a while I've figured out who I am sexually in this game, mystery solved. So the mystery becomes everyone else. Hence more chatting with other users, exploring their creations, listening to their set lists and so on. 

Safe travels, Travels!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really cool way to log, Travels!  I see you share my level of experience with World Editor! 

Wish I had something like this to track my evolution here.  All I know it is I am having a blast (and I mean mind blowing) now, which centers around dialogue.  Whether while at a bar with a bunch of peeps, cutting a rug with friends at a club, or getting frisky with a sexy partner, it all about communication.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention, and opinions sought. 
 

I keep this log as part of my profile. It’s at the bottom of my blurb, and obviously would be meaningless to people. 
I’m considering putting the ‘legend/codes’ in there as well, so that anyone looking at my profile - if they were interested/motivated enough - can get a sense of what kind of a player I am. 
 

I know I really appreciate profiles that give some guidance on how a person likes to interact so I figure this might be insight for others who may look at my profile. On the other hand it’s a bit obscure and ppl may not give a shit or have time LOL. 
 

Anyway, it’s a thought. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Small world, so what are the chances?

 

The 3DXChat world is not that big. Technically it could be massive, but it really isn’t. Some few dozens of rooms, with some few dozens of occupants in the more frequented rooms, dramatically less in the others. 
 

That being the case why, in my case anyway, do you so infrequently bump into someone on your friends list, or someone you know.  Last night I bumped into @JackPine for the FIRST time. Seems crazy that it doesn’t happen more often. 
 

Equally odd Is that with many tags on my friends list, I just don’t run into many. In fact it’s the slim minority that I re-encounter. 
 

Is this a Travels problem, or is this experience common?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Travels said:

Small world, so what are the chances?

 

The 3DXChat world is not that big. Technically it could be massive, but it really isn’t. Some few dozens of rooms, with some few dozens of occupants in the more frequented rooms, dramatically less in the others. 
 

That being the case why, in my case anyway, do you so infrequently bump into someone on your friends list, or someone you know.  Last night I bumped into @JackPine for the FIRST time. Seems crazy that it doesn’t happen more often. 
 

Equally odd Is that with many tags on my friends list, I just don’t run into many. In fact it’s the slim minority that I re-encounter. 
 

Is this a Travels problem, or is this experience common?

Since I got my start on 3DX here on these forums, I always enjoy running into people I have interacted with here.  Nice seeing you in game, @Travels!  The forum is nice because no matter the time or place, communication is possible.  Many of my friends in game are literally almost halfway around the planet, so aligning time with them is hit and miss.  I don't think it is a Travels problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oasis. 
 

I have been in a bit of “dry spell” lately.  Meaning less “encounters” than usual, or really less than maybe I’d like. Maybe my attention/interest has waned and I’m not putting the right energy into it. 
 

Well, I stumbled on an “oasis” the other day. The encounter was sizzling, charged, and just damn erotic. Afterwards we were both thanking each other for the session repeatedly. 
 

Those moments in 3dx make up for a whole lot of dry time. Nobody likes dry time 😏. Also helped re-align my perspective. 
 

In a desert?  Fear not, there are oasis out there 🏝

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Lost in translation. 
 

When chatting in game with someone(s) it is SO easy for your humour or nuanced comment to get completely lost in translation. I struggle finding the balance of adding all the extra purple text and emojis to make my point come across as intended. 
 

Admittedly I’m no master of the English language but I’m reasonably fluent. After all it’s the only language I know.  Not that guarantees fluency 😏

 

Anyway, it’s tricky. For example I wanted to share an abbreviation I came across which I thought was funny text/chat lingo. Decided not to in case it was misinterpreted even if I set it up. As a set up I had the “ntmu” abbreviation - nice too meet you. I wanted to mention this as a fun one - see you next tuesday - but bailed on it out of concern of being misunderstood to be dickish. 
 

Anyway, the hazards of chat. 
 

😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 7/7/2021 at 4:14 PM, Travels said:

I have been thinking about dropping out of the 3DXChat for some time now. Certainly not as active as I once was. 
 

But then something fun or interesting happens, and I linger. 
 

Damn you fun and interesting. 
 

 

Stick around, even if not as often.  It's nice seeing you around these parts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...