3DXChat Community

Roleplay and Life Sim suggestions

Aelle

Hello to the devs, hello to the community.

I suppose that most of the things presented here have already been asked or suggested. As I didn't explore the whole forum, I'm allowing myself to express my suggestions.

First, a bit of context.

I first started to play this game out of curiosity, like many people over here. Virtual sex is fun, but it didn't hook me up that much.

On the other hand, community roleplay and the possibilites of the world editor convinced me to subscribe for a longer period; as I didn't find a way to create and roleplay that easily in other games.

Today, I spend most of my time buidling maps with the editor, and roleplay when I find intersting people.

Still, I strongly believe that this game have an huge potential in roleplay. Even more that you have the possibility to build maps quickly, and directly integrate then online.

As I want the game to go in this direction I would suggest you, devs, to add more ropleplay / life sim element to the game.

By "life sim" I mean the possibiliy to devellope a "non-sexual" face of the game, than ressemble to our IRL current life.

Some of my current idea are :

* Role definition. the map-admin (or more) could define "role" for their visitor, not necessarily with special right, that could help build hierachy relations (admin, mod, watcher, etc..), roleplay jobs (cooker, plumber, police, etc..), relationships (couple, boss, etc...)

* More "everyday" life interaction (cooking , washing , wandering on your phone, getting drunk ,etc...)

* Casual clothes. Basic ones are great, but sometime a pull-over or a tailleur, high-waist jean are cool too.

+ every other user-based suggestion for the roleplay field

If you want some argument :

- Some people have already asked for less sexual / roleplay / lifesim content

- Everone will, at some point, need complex interactions. Even the "No chat just sex" will need this in their gaming experience. The long term subscribers are already looking for this ;)

- It will attract a more diverse player base, as you will be one of the only game with a lifesim gameplay that allow sex interaction in a simple way.

Of course, that's just my opinion, no big deal about it and people could disagree :)

Thanks for reading me ! (and sorry for my non-native english)

-

Edited by Aelle

We used to have some fun Roleplay events in 3dxchat. We had A Roleplay chat tab and there were lots more role players in game. We had bartenders and strippers at every bar. Way more Celebrities and Vampires roaming the rooms.  We used to be able to drink a beer and get drunk for a minute with blurry screen.  We used to be able to make alts anytime we wanted for our roleplaying for free. We used to have a TV that worked in our rooms. The developers removed lots of  these options for strange reasons we will never know. 

I would welcome a lot of your suggestions. They would add to the overall fun of the game in a positive manner. The more tools we have to jump start users imagination, the better off we will be.  

Edited by Nymphpott
spelling

I like the ideas you're proposing, I'd love to be able to pick up and put down objects you make.  You can pick up a beer so the ability is there in some form, though I've no idea how difficult it would be to open that out to other items.

But I'd think having a pre-made held object (like a handle for example) to which you could attach other objects of your own design in the World Editor to make a bag you can carry with you and pick up and set down (and dance around  lolol) or a suitcase or suchlike would be feasible at least.  Maybe.  Though you'd presumably have size constraints so your bag didn't either hover above the ground or sink below it.

The options this would open up though, in terms of accessories, which the game badly lacks, plus to make games or role play situations would be huge.

Realistically though, I wouldn't see it happening.  Even if they ever fix the bugs, add the prophesied but currently mythical pose and clothes editors, I am not sure these things fit with the Devs ideas of where they see this platform going, but we can always hope  :D

I have to agree; this game has become nothing more than a sex simulator. 3DX has so much potential, mini games like blackjack or slots would be so easily to code for an experienced dev, there's no excuse for it not to be in the game. 

Integrating the walking animation and standing animation with a "browse cell phone" animation would go a long way to making the world feel more alive.

I even suggested a fight animation that's basically RNG as who wins, but honestly, I don't think the rigging on the models are good enough for such animations.

9 hours ago, Nymphpott said:

We used to have some fun Roleplay events in 3dxchat. We had A Roleplay chat tab and there were lots more role players in game. We had bartenders and strippers at every bar. Way more Celebrities and Vampires roaming the rooms.  We used to be able to drink a beer and get drunk for a minute with blurry screen.  We used to be able to make alts anytime we wanted for our roleplaying for free. We used to have a TV that worked in our rooms. The developers removed lots of  these options for strange reasons we will never know. 

I would welcome a lot of your suggestions. They would add to the overall fun of the game in a positive manner. The more tools we have to jump start users imagination, the better off we will be.  

About the free character creation removal: Think the free character creation was done due to problems with alt griefers, since way the ignore works is it is not account wide. Which caused it so that griefers could make alts, to harass players then once they got ignored. They would move on to delete their character to lift the ban and continue on a new one once they figured out how the ignore system worked. Was a period where they tried using account wide bans, but with other problems attached with it as the initially ignored character were the proxy for the account wide ban. This cause another problem where when that character got deleted it was impossible to reverse the account wide ban on regrets leaving indefinite ghosts, then were also people complaining about the account wide ban so now were back to old system but with implemented character creation fee to reduce the griefing somewhat by making it more expensive to delete and create many characters over a span of time without either purchasing Xgold or earning it. So essentially it's the griefers who caused the free character creation to be removed as a means to deal with them. It's the system we have for now, so far it has not seem like a better solution has come up that people are happy with, If it should happen I am sure the developers will bring back free character creations.

TV link removal: Not entirely sure here but think it had something to do with copyrights or payment stuff, where some the linked radios that initially was used wanted some fee for having them being accessible through the game engine, which caused the stations to be removed and replaced by the ones we have now. Assuming that is the reason but maybe the developers can elaborate better on it, think there has been talks about bringing back the streaming on TV again at one point but with new EU copyright law I assume it probably wont happen. But hoping as it would be really nice if we could use it, similar to how second life TVs work.

As for beer blurring effect not entirely sure why that was removed.