3DXChat Community

OGG support in music streaming

Eugene

You can lower the gain on the recording in VDJ. I haven’t used it in a while but if you go into the properties of the track where you can rename it, splice it etc there’s a gain control. Lower that and it should stop clipping (I think this is correct, I’ll check when I’m home)

i know i can set the 0 db to minus 3 but then my stream sound  is lower i tried it :(

thing is that i dont understand why recorded version is higher than what i actually play beats me  ,no logic 

Streamsound is lower yes, but people can always rise their volume ingame or on their PC / Headphones whatsoever. You dont want to have the limiter lights go off all the time and limiter does one thing, damps the sound and clips it. Makes it sound dull. Its also called Why Being In the Red Makes You An Amateur and a common mistake of most, because they think playing it louder is better but its not.

My gain is always set to -1,4db by default and if some songs touch the red I tone it down further. Of course I always get the complaint "You play to low, turn up the volume" where I usually say "I play just right, you can turn up your own volume"

thing is when i normal stream i can even gain up a lot but my problem is when i record what i play example deck one plays n stream that its normal but when record it it goes off charts 

its that i dont understand 

as u see pics above , pic one is track i play n record  pic 2 is the recorded version of this track 

i searched web about this problem other say have this problem but recorded version is too low mine is too high lol

Just make sure your VU meter doesent hit peak all the time, or if you have a controller try to stay yellow at max. Everything else is unimportant regardless your hear clip or no. The recorded sound is what people actually would hear so if it clips a stream will clip too. Simply put DOWN gain never UP.

u dont understand this only happens if i try record something and recorded version always is higher than original version when not record meter is perfectly fine to the point it could allow me to even gain up if i wanted 

but that not the case with the recorded version .

anyway i have quit the idea to record stuff  hahah till maybe i get a controller n other software 

maybe my bdj recording is broken who knows 

ty in advance for try help everyone :)

Well, ask 100 ppl about the topic Gain and you will get 100 opinions :lol:

I've of course a own opinion too and it depends on the situation...

There isn't a general method and I can write a book about this topic.

The behaviour of your Virtual DJ isn't typical as long there was no filter or effects enabled between the recording.

Please try to record a song (just played, without filters etc) and in the same formate like the originfile!

Is there the same effect?

Well, ask 100 ppl about the topic Gain and you will get 100 opinions :lol:

I've of course a own opinion too and it depends on the situation...

There isn't a general method and I can write a book about this topic.

The behaviour of your Virtual DJ isn't typical as long there was no filter or effects enabled between the recording.

Please try to record a song (just played, without filters etc) and in the same formate like the originfile!

Is there the same effect?

the pics above are what u asked 

pic 1 while playing no effects etc  pic 2 is the recorded version of pic one no filters etc weird huh 

dont get confused by the title of second pic its the same track 

the pics above are what u asked 

pic 1 while playing no effects etc  pic 2 is the recorded version of pic one no filters etc weird huh 

dont get confused by the title of second pic its the same track 

You wrote you did record a loop of the first song...

I mean to record the whole song as full copy in exactly the same formate like the originfile :)