3DXChat Community

Login queue

MeiLing

I remember the days when people complained of not beeing able to log in.

What happened was: Server went down and when they put it up again it got pummled by mass-logins cuz people tried to log in like every 2seconds smashing that login button. So it went down again.

Login Queues is something I asked for back then cuz it keeps the server from getting pummled on reboot. Actually I am quite happy they added that, it was overdue. Now we might have shorter downtimes cuz people dont run it down again and are put in queue.

I have noticed this behaviour since patch to 371, but it normally was too short to read it (looked like a flashing error message).

In most cases now it's only 1 or 2 people in the queue in front of you, but when a patch occurs in the middle of the game (like the last one)

all current users are logged off, patched and logged on again at the same time: This results in a queue of 100+ people loggin in, and this

of course takes some time, so the queue is visible. The same may happen after a server reboot.

I think this system avoids a the former message "server unavailable, try later" and is a lot more transparent.