3DXChat Community

Do we *adults* need rules for everything?

Bran

Btw read rules sex on dance floor is against the rules. Why go into old news everyone knows

Just out of curiosity, what part of "the reason I asked if the rule about no sex on the dance floor was still in effect was because I got into an argument today in local chat with a person who insists that there is no such rule" did you have trouble understanding?

Chris - Next time please take an SS and report it to Admin. That is the only thing you can do. It is disgusting behavior and should be reported. I am so sorry that people can't be respectful and feel the need to do this sort of thing.

Opal - Don't run, they feel this is part of the game and will chase.. get the SS and teleport to somewhere.

Macca - That is complete harassment. The offender was doing it on purpose, this person even got others involved to harass that individual. Total disrespect and was not called for. What is worse, others not involved were cheering this type of behavior on. Really, you see this is offensive to someone, so you tell them to just leave if they don't like it? This person had already left and the offender followed and did it again. How many times must this person move around to be left alone? Also the person being harassed did not disrespect the offender to cause this type of behavior.

This is why I feel we need some sort of mods here..  Ignore button sucks.. you can still see them at times, then they can still do the act even without you seeing (if they have sex you can see them even if you have both parties ignored). Does that make it all better? NO absolutely not. There needs to be some action to show these people that it is not appropriate. Look we are all suppose to be adults, but what I have seen is that we are all just grown up children. Some of us have the maturity needed for a game like this and others do not. It is those who do not that ruin the game for others. They have a feeling of entitlement, like they have the right to treat others with disrespect and be so crude.  Seriously people, I don't think in RL that you are gonna wank and cum on someone in public. I highly doubt that you will drop to the floor of a club and start having sex right there, you may have sex but it would be more discreet. I am not against people having sex in public, but do not do it at my feet. Your fantasy is not my fantasy and we need to respect others. Bravo for that couple that moved to the back room, that shows a lot of respect.

Constant violations of current rules is happening... Excessive use of caps, bad language, use of foreign language in local and world chat and so on.. even the names some people have.. Why have rules if they are not going to be reinforced. This makes no sense to me. People leave game cause of this poor behavior, but nothing is being done to correct it.

Someone called me a mom to all.. It is because I am trying to correct poor behavior and make sure people are treated with respect. I want everyone to be able to enjoy the game, we are all paying for this game and should not be harassed in any way. Go ahead call me mom what ever makes you feel better. I will not change, I am who I am and will not apologize for it. I have said before I am not perfect, I am human and make mistakes too. The one thing I try to do is respect others and be a friend to many.

Sage - as far as I know that is still a rule, no sex on the dance floor. I had the same argument with someone as well. An SS was taken and they were reported. We need to have some place free of sex in all areas.. this will make others feel better and more comfortable.. but without someone to enforce the rules, they mean nothing.

Just out of curiosity, what part of "the reason I asked if the rule about no sex on the dance floor was still in effect was because I got into an argument today in local chat with a person who insists that there is no such rule" did you have trouble understanding?

Do you have trouble reading the rules? Where it's stated clear enough. Why bother digging up an old thread which died months ago for something most know. Keep your sarcasm doesn't wash fella

@Opal and Chris : Next time it happen to you , here is a little tip . TP to the beach or to the love island ( if you're not yet there ) and run in water untill you swim . Peoples cant masterbate in water . And from there you will be able to set things with the harrasser .

This is rediculous.....

Why has this thread been necroed?

This is very simple:

If it is not against the rules specifically, as in official writing, then it is ok to do without penalty.  To try and get others into trouble for for something not against the rules is wrong.

You cannot govern off of peoples "feelings", or a certain level of human decency.  Those are variables that you cannot control and are up to too much interpretation.  What if that sort of behavior is normal for them or their culture, does it still make it wrong?  Who then decides what is proper and what isn't?  That is why you have a concrete set of rules, so you know specifically what you are doing wrong beforehand.

They have an IGNORE BUTTON for a reason.  If a person is offending you, ignore them.  It is that simple.

Do you have trouble reading the rules? Where it's stated clear enough. Why bother digging up an old thread which died months ago for something most know. Keep your sarcasm doesn't wash fella

Ok for those of us who have been here a while, it was a rule.. There was no sex aloud on the dance floor.. We have not had an issue with this until recently.. news to us all.. Apparently it has been removed from the rules..  BUT.. this does not mean it is ok to drop to the floor and have sex at peoples feet.. It is called respect for others.. I know that concept is hard for some, but still needs to be done.

If you look at item 2.13 of the Server / Forum Rules, it says N/A.  Apparently, this was the No Sex on the Dance Floor Rule, and I was told by a friend today that it was removed by Admin after the former moderators left. In other words, at this time there is no rule prohibiting sex on the dance floor or anywhere else.

So there used to be a rule, but it is gone now. 

That's your speculation.

Regardless, it isn't a rule then.

If you want to make it officially established, I recommend you take it up with the game company/moderators.

If you just post on here about it, one would tend to think you're just trying to get attention.......

This is rediculous.....

Why has this thread been necroed?

This is very simple:

If it is not against the rules specifically, as in official writing, then it is ok to do without penalty.  To try and get others into trouble for for something not against the rules is wrong.

You cannot govern off of peoples "feelings", or a certain level of human decency.  Those are variables that you cannot control and are up to too much interpretation.  What if that sort of behavior is normal for them or their culture, does it still make it wrong?  Who then decides what is proper and what isn't?  That is why you have a concrete set of rules, so you know specifically what you are doing wrong beforehand.

They have an IGNORE BUTTON for a reason.  If a person is offending you, ignore them.  It is that simple.

So you are saying it is ok for someone to harass you and follow you around and continue to have sex at your feet? No it is not ok. Yes we are all from different cultures and what is ok for one may not be for another.. But we still need to show some common decency and respect, if it offends someone, and they ask you to not do that.. have some respect for that person and move. There is no reason to be a jerk and continue to do this. There is no reason to bring others in to harass you as well.

We have rules yes, but are they enforced.. NO  What good are rules if they are not being enforced. Just a note: just because something is not in the rules, does not make it ok to do

We as a community need to work together not against each other.. We as a community should be able to respect one another.. Show some common decency and not purposely offend or hurt others.

The almighty "IGNORE" button does not work all that great as I stated previously.. I had people on ignore and still could see them having sex in front of me, I can see them when they are seated.. They can still do things to me, they can still bad mouth me.. only I can't see the words and can't defend myself at the time they do this.. People tell me and show me SS's.. so tell me how that great ignore button is so great? It isn't and I am tired of people trying to make it out to be something it is not..

Well if admin have removed it then it's not a rule so no offence commited. If we're all in the dark about it mail gizmo for clarification and put this thread to bed. In all fairness it's something that happens very rarely anyway. No need for the drama

Greetings!

First things first, I've asked repeatedly where the rule is saying that sex on the dance floor is disallowed, to which I've been given no response. This has lead me to trying to find it for myself. 

We'll start off with the game rules, clickable from "Menu" ingame 

YJcYaca.png

Which takes you to this url: http://3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42-server-forum-rules/

Searched for the terms listed below, which funnily enough, yield no results about sex in public places

•  
  • dance
  •  
  • public
  •  
  • night
  •  
  • club
  •  

SYtMpPy.png

That's what new players see when they check out the rules of the game. Nothing is in there about no sex in public, the dance floor, etc. So IF this rule exists, which through all of my searching, seems it does -not-, they are lead by the community and those who dislike it to believe it is a rule. The community isn't helping itself to grow when it tries to implement its own rules that do not exist in what the client links to. You're effectively lying to new players or those otherwise unable to understand them due to possible language issues. 

Instead on blindly believing someone in a game about a rule that didn't exist when I had read the official rules my first night playing, I continued looking for the rule, thinking maybe the devs had been too lazy to update the rules thread. Which lead me to doing a search for "dance floor" on the forums. Here's the link, incase anyone wants to read along: http://3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1 - This search lead me to this thread, funnily enough, which I spent a bit of time perusing, upon further reading, the very same person who has the topic that is linked above, and used as what players are sent to when clicking the ingame button, made this post: http://3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22-do-we-adults-need-rules-for-everything/&do=findComment&comment=234

UFBRNT9.png

The rule does not exist. That night was not the first night that I had sex on the clubs dancefloor, and I highly doubt it will be my last. Public sex is one of the reasons I've continued to subscribe to this game, after I was so nicely convinced by someone that it isn't against the rules and people that don't like it need to get over themselves, just a few days into my first month playing :). If I wanted to go screw someone in the backroom of a club, I could easily go do that IRL. However, the middle of a club is only available at certain types of places, none of which are really in my area. I use 3DX as an outlet for a lot of my fantasies that I unfortunately am unable to indulge in when it comes to the physical world. I'm sure many others do the exact same. There have been some roleplaying, public discussions, profiles, and people that have frankly nearly disgusted me because I'm just not into what they were doing to get their rocks off. Did I tell them to stop? No. Did I call them rude names or otherwise disrespect them? No. If it's what gets their happy places into happy overload, more power to them. I'm even friends with some people who I consider to have fetishes/desires that are complete turnoffs to me, because I understand that I am not the center of the universe. I can successfully make the distinction between something I don't like while still being respectful, letting other human beings do what they like and what they choose.

The game has used water as a way to successfully make animations and actions unavailable. You go into it and you can't do anything. If the developers wanted sex to not happen in certain places, they could certainly block them off. When I see the sex button somewhere, I know that in my head, the developers intended for me to be able to fuck exactly in that spot if I wanted to. This includes in the middle of the dance club, on the floor in sin, on the couches on the top level of the yacht. They're all actionable places, and I will use them for my own entertainment and orgasms. 

My subscription isn't here to load in and be told that my fantasies, wants, and desires are wrong, based on anyone's opinion. It's here so I have an environment to successfully act them out in. This is just as bad as the mild homophobia displayed every time a man gets on the stage in Sin, and I'm so thankful that there are many people in the game who often tell the people harassing the men to knock it off. Just as people stand up to others when they're trying to stop them from doing sex animations in public, just the animations, they're not involving you in their RP by doing it in local chats, they aren't asking you to join or even look. So I ask those that seem to be offended by it to try to find it within yourselves to let other adult human beings who share this planet with you do as they please without fear of harassment or being asked to stop because you dislike what they are doing.

In short, I'm going to fuck whomever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want, however I want. If the devs didn't want this to happen, the actions wouldn't be available. There's no rule against it.  End of.

(PS.. Dear developers who may read this, can we figure out a way for underwater sex outside of the pool area at Love Island/shallow water at the Beach? Underwater blowjobs/cumshots are sort of a thing of mine. )

Funny how a thread about rude, antisocial behaviour and how to deal with it devolves into Brun posting a lengthy article about how he will do "whatever the fuck he wants because it's not forbidden officially", proving the point of the original poster perfectly...

She.

And I won't do whatever the fuck I want, but I will fuck wherever I want, however I want ... etc

Don’t judge: Men and woman who come here are not whores, pimps or whatever. We all here to have some fun but that is all. Respect everyone. Some people may be easier than others but that still don’t make them whores, nor the men that jump on all 24/7. People have the right of the choice how they want to play the game. By the way, you never know when you mother, sister, wife, husband, father is here playing  here .  :P

I am not a slut for fucking in public, nor wanting to, as I was called in game by someone who thinks it's their business to police where people are allowed to fuck. 

I think it's an interesting, nuanced conversation. The thread is old, and was necro'd recently- but I don't think that invalidates the conversation.

First off- I kind of agree with the people who are saying they can do whatever they like within the rules- I'm no anarchist, structure is structure and freedoms are freedoms. We can't be banning people for things they haven't been warned against.

However, do I think the rules a little lax? Probably. Are there issues of "moral decency" to be accounted for? Yeah, I think so.

I think a lot of people are getting distinctions confused between what is morally right / socially acceptable, with what's actually *allowed*. I personally don't think the kind of behaviours we've read about here (ie harrasment, following people around and cumming on them, fucking at their feet and following them about etc) are acceptable, and I feel like perhaps moderators should be able to enforce judgements based on a general "Harrasment" policy rather than rules based on specific acts. 

Is it against the rules to follow someone and cum on them? Currently, no. Is it acceptable in our regular society? Absolutely not. It's illegal in real world, and frowned upon, and I feel like it shouldn't really be allowed in-game either. But I don't know without looking if there's a specific "harrasment" section of the rules, and if there isn't, I feel like one should probably be implemented. It'd have to be enforced on a case by case basis from individual mods based on evidence, but I would like to see it.

I feel like I'd like to see more of a "consent culture" appear in-game, much like there is in the BDSM community. But then, we all see how the BDSM community itself has issues with consent and self-regulation- though it has come forward in leaps and bounds over the years. Having a clear set of guidelines as to what is and isn't harrasment (and I'd suggest basing it on a consent-based model) might be a better and more nuanced solution than a simple "No Sex on the Dance Floor" rule. But that's just me.

I think it's an interesting, nuanced conversation. The thread is old, and was necro'd recently- but I don't think that invalidates the conversation.

It is worth noting that the tread was "necro'd" in order clarify whether or not a particular rule was still in effect. A lot of people, myself included, were under the impression that sex on the dance floor was still against the rules. Now it is clear that there is no longer any such rule. 

I'd suggest basing it on a consent-based model) might be a better and more nuanced solution than a simple "No Sex on the Dance Floor" rule. But that's just me.

I agree that a consent-based model is better than just a bunch of rules, but the real issue here is that there will always be a huge gap in understanding and expectation between different people. It also requires an effort to ensure that long-time players are aware that some rules have changed and that newcomers understand the community's expectations. 

In that sense, threads like this needed from time to time, to keep everyone up to date. They are also helpful in getting to know the personalities of the people you see in-game. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't want anything to do with me, because I will be sarcastic with whomever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want, however I want. If the devs didn't want this to happen, chat and the forum wouldn't be available. There's no rule against it.  End of.discussion. :P

It has been established that 'sex on the dance floor' is not against the rules. But that is not the real issue here. To deliberately have sex at someone feet for no other reason but to harass them, knowing they don't like it, shows a lack of respect which the rules clearly state needs to be show. And to then follow them to another area and do it again is out of order. And from the posts here I think you would agree that most agree with me. We all have different desires, fantasies, fetishes etc.. But to think you can just act them out when you know full well it will offend someone in the room shows complete arrogance and total lack of respect. And anyone who has a fantasy of having sex at someone feet JUST to offend them.. I'm not going to even go there.

This is a game yes, but we are still interacting and being social with other human beings. This is not GTA where u can attack anyone you please with no consequences. People have feelings behind their avi's and all that is asked is that they are respected.

Greetings!

First things first, I've asked repeatedly where the rule is saying that sex on the dance floor is disallowed, to which I've been given no response. This has lead me to trying to find it for myself. 

The rule does not exist. 

I use 3DX as an outlet for a lot of my fantasies that I unfortunately am unable to indulge in when it comes to the physical world. I'm sure many others do the exact same. There have been some roleplaying, public discussions, profiles, and people that have frankly nearly disgusted me because I'm just not into what they were doing to get their rocks off. Did I tell them to stop? No. Did I call them rude names or otherwise disrespect them? No. If it's what gets their happy places into happy overload, more power to them. I'm even friends with some people who I consider to have fetishes/desires that are complete turnoffs to me, because I understand that I am not the center of the universe. I can successfully make the distinction between something I don't like while still being respectful, letting other human beings do what they like and what they choose.

The game has used water as a way to successfully make animations and actions unavailable. You go into it and you can't do anything. If the developers wanted sex to not happen in certain places, they could certainly block them off. When I see the sex button somewhere, I know that in my head, the developers intended for me to be able to fuck exactly in that spot if I wanted to. This includes in the middle of the dance club, on the floor in sin, on the couches on the top level of the yacht. They're all actionable places, and I will use them for my own entertainment and orgasms. 

My subscription isn't here to load in and be told that my fantasies, wants, and desires are wrong, based on anyone's opinion. It's here so I have an environment to successfully act them out in. This is just as bad as the mild homophobia displayed every time a man gets on the stage in Sin, and I'm so thankful that there are many people in the game who often tell the people harassing the men to knock it off. Just as people stand up to others when they're trying to stop them from doing sex animations in public, just the animations, they're not involving you in their RP by doing it in local chats, they aren't asking you to join or even look. So I ask those that seem to be offended by it to try to find it within yourselves to let other adult human beings who share this planet with you do as they please without fear of harassment or being asked to stop because you dislike what they are doing.

In short, I'm going to fuck whomever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want, however I want. If the devs didn't want this to happen, the actions wouldn't be available. There's no rule against it.  End of.

(PS.. Dear developers who may read this, can we figure out a way for underwater sex outside of the pool area at Love Island/shallow water at the Beach? Underwater blowjobs/cumshots are sort of a thing of mine. )

So thank you for re-affirming something we previously said.. The rule is gone and sex on the dance floor in the night club is now allowed. If you had read previously, it was a rule and has been removed.

No one said you can't live out your fantasies in 3dx, No one is saying that you are wrong for wanting to do them.. I think you have missed the point completely. We are saying that we need to respect people and if it offends someone and they ask you to move, then show a little common decency and respect and move. We are not telling them they can't have public sex, we are simply saying that I do not want it on my feet while I am trying to dance and enjoy myself. Your right to have sex in public doesn't overwrite my right to not have in on my feet.

It is your choice not to say something to people that offend you, I choose to let people know I find it offensive and unwanted. So we have different views on that, that does no make me wrong or you right. I choose to try to make 3dx comfortable for all and I will continue to do so. I will fight till I die for people to be treated with respect, for people to show a little common decency. Why is that so hard to do? It is because people think only of themselves and their desires.. Your fantasy is not my fantasy and I do not have to experience it with you. That does not mean you can't fulfill your fantasy, it just means think before you act. We now have this wonderful group chat (thank you devs) use it to do your rp'ing as a group.. 

Now you bring up Fear of Harassment, WOW.. You who decided to harass me for no reason other than to upset me. I had never spoken to you, never said anything bad about you.. All I did is ask a couple to move to the back room to do their sex act so I could enjoy my time and dance with my loved one. They moved and sent me a pm saying sorry.. They did not have an issue with it, but you decided to make a big deal out of it, dropped to the floor and began having sex at my feet, for no other reason then to harass me. Macca and I moved, went to night club, You came to night club and decided to harass me some more, you even got others involved in harassing me. You had no care how I felt at all, you were going to do this to upset me regardless. You knew this was offensive to me and you did it anyways, not because it is your fantasy, but because you wanted to harass and hurt me. I did call you a slut, but not till after you harassed me and upset me.. I probably should not have called you a slut, but you should not have harassed me and brought lies about Macca into it to try to hurt me more.  Please don't even try to begin to make me believe that you know how to respect people when you clearly disrespected me and harassed me even though I had done nothing to you.

Also, I have friends from many walks of life, I do not judge them for what they like to do or who they choose to be with. I have friends that I don't always agree with something they like or do, but I do not stop liking them because of it. I will stand up for my friends rights as I do mine. I will stand up for anybody's right even when I don't know them..  No one is saying you can't fulfill your fantasies, all we simply ask is that people try to be kind to others, show human decency, and respect.. I don't understand what is so hard about the concept.

Guest Justyna

I agree with sage. The rules need to be made clear, especially around the sex on the dance floor topic. Not naming any names, but they know who they are.. A friend of mine politely asked a couple to stop having sex at her feet in Sin and move to the backrooms. Credit to the couple they did stop, apologised and moved. However, this request caused certain players to make sarcastic comments such as 'god forbid having sex in a sex game'. The very same player then started having sex on the floor right in front of my friend, for no other reason other than to cause offence. My friend and I decided to leave and go to the night club. A short time later the player came to the night and again had sex at my friends feet on the dance floor. My friend asked the player why she was being like that and the played lied about how I had turned her into a whore, begging her to have sex in public. The whole scenario upset my friend and she felt extremely harassed by the players actions. The player was still making sarcastic comments last night in World Chat, using all CAPS.

Just blocking the player is not enough as you can still see them when they have sex and they can still see you. I hope most would agree this type of behaviour is out of order and there is no place for it here. Even if there is not a rule regarding sex on the dance floor players still need to respect others and this behaviour in my eyes would amount to a form of harassment.

I agree with sage. The rules need to be made clear, especially around the sex on the dance floor topic. Not naming any names, but they know who they are.. A friend of mine politely asked a couple to stop having sex at her feet in Sin and move to the backrooms. Credit to the couple they did stop, apologised and moved. However, this request caused certain players to make sarcastic comments such as 'god forbid having sex in a sex game'. The very same player then started having sex on the floor right in front of my friend, for no other reason other than to cause offence. My friend and I decided to leave and go to the night club. A short time later the player came to the night and again had sex at my friends feet on the dance floor. My friend asked the player why she was being like that and the played lied about how I had turned her into a whore, begging her to have sex in public. The whole scenario upset my friend and she felt extremely harassed by the players actions. The player was still making sarcastic comments last night in World Chat, using all CAPS.

Just blocking the player is not enough as you can still see them when they have sex and they can still see you. I hope most would agree this type of behaviour is out of order and there is no place for it here. Even if there is not a rule regarding sex on the dance floor players still need to respect others and this behaviour in my eyes would amount to a form of harassment.

its sad some people are really nuts ok mine advice move ass make SS send to admin and done

GTFO-GIFS.gif

Certain people on this thread are now turning it into personal attacks no names mentioned, which wasnt the threads purpose, To clear it up for people not in the know, Myself and many others witnessed what occured. Certain people arrived in sin and one person in particular started making comments about players who were having sex on floor of sin. What do you expect there, bingo? And to say certain people were followed around and harrassed is nonsense, Why come into a club where sex acts take place frequently and tell people they are disgusting? to get a reaction? seems like it. Starting to get fed up with this whiter than white persona people like to pretend they have

Yes its a game so peoples fantasies that may seem a bit extreme to some, people should also take that into account and not tell them there disgusting, i know things that other people enjoy but not my thing i wouldnt say in local im disgusted by them. live and let live

As for sex on the nightclub dancefloor ive never done it and never would, though there are many among us who have, no names mentioned........