3DXChat Community

Problem since last update

Alkis

Hello there and thank you to those who take the time to read this.

As it says in the title of the topic, I have a problem with the game since the last update.

My problem is that the game does not launch and remains in the background in the task manager.

For information, I have already uninstalled then reinstalled several times, deleting the entire folder in which the game is installed.I also deleted the logs folder in appdata and the folder in my documents and registry keys.

I tried reinstalling on another SSD by disabling the antivirus but no changes.

I installed the game on another PC with the same antivirus and the same Windows 10 configuration and the game launches without problem so I don't understand.

If you have any ideas, I'm interested, thx ;)

I downloaded and ran it several times, maybe you should try unzipping with another programme. Or switch off antivirus...
Try unzipping to another location, try running the launcher as administrator, click on the folder in properties and uncheck read only.
Windows 10/11 only x64 not x32
download these libraries:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework/thank-you/net48-web-installer
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=21
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170#visual-studio-2015-2017-2019-and-2022

browser_z38DzLWaJ1.png
browser_7l9le8kqEB.png
browser_ol4QrdbaCv.png

Edited by Zabi

have you updated your video card drivers?
what is the configuration of your computer or laptop?

right click on start->terminal as administrator->run each command in turn.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

If none of this helps, then I don't even know what else to advise you, try a clean install of Windows.

Edited by Zabi

Thank you for your time and your answers but these are things that I have already done and I came to the forum because I also have no more ideas.

I've been playing the game for several years and I've never had this kind of problem.

And I'm hesitant to format because only 3dx is having problems on my PC.

I saw this sentence in the 3dx logs and I find it strange. "User clicked Exit Button. Mode: Exiting Progress Type: checkingGameIntegrity"

Edited by Alkis

6 hours ago, Alkis said:

I continued my research on my own and noticed that there is no registry key installed in the 3dx folder in regedit and I don't understand why.

Do you use OneDrive or something similiar? I read here somewhere that OneDrive replaces some of the files during installation with an older version...
Can't hurt to check for this

23 hours ago, Alkis said:

Hello there and thank you to those who take the time to read this.

As it says in the title of the topic, I have a problem with the game since the last update.

My problem is that the game does not launch and remains in the background in the task manager.

For information, I have already uninstalled then reinstalled several times, deleting the entire folder in which the game is installed.I also deleted the logs folder in appdata and the folder in my documents and registry keys.

I tried reinstalling on another SSD by disabling the antivirus but no changes.

I installed the game on another PC with the same antivirus and the same Windows 10 configuration and the game launches without problem so I don't understand.

If you have any ideas, I'm interested, thx ;)

🇫🇷 Bonjour,

Bon, je ne suis pas informaticien, juste utilisateur lambda, mais j'ai lu tes réponses et tout ça et bon, on va voir si je peux t'aider quand même. J'ai aussi eu mon lot de galères avec des ordis ^^

- D'abord essaie de faire un nettoyage et réparation des clés de registre avec Ccleaner. Je ne sais pas si c'est que tu utilises. Pour ma part, c'est avec ça que je roule depuis toujours et c'est le mieux, je trouve.

- Vérifie Windows Defender, qui peut bloquer l'installation, ou le lancement. Pas mal de joueurs ont déjà fais remonter que cette application pouvait empêcher le lancement de 3DXChat.

Enfin, il y a des problèmes d'installation et de lancement de la dernière MAJ.
J'ai rencontré un problème d'installation également. Chez moi, ça se figeait à la troisième barre de chargement.
Solution apporté par Eva support sur le discord de 3DXChat et que tu peux peut-être essayer, si cela ne t'a pas déjà été proposé,
- C'est de lancer l'installation via 3DXChat Launcher et non par 3DXChat Launcher.exe.

Tiens nous au courant, en espérant que cela va fonctionner, sinon contacte directement le support sur le serveur de 3DXChat.

-------------------------------

🇺🇸 Hello,

Well, I'm not a computer scientist, just an average user, but I've read your answers and all that and well, we'll see if I can help you anyway. I've also had my share of problems with computers ^^

- First try to clean and repair the registry keys with Ccleaner. I don't know if that's what you're using. Personally, I've always used it, and I think it's the best.

- Check out Windows Defender, which can block installation or launch. Many players have already reported that this application can prevent 3DXChat from launching.

Finally, there are problems installing and launching the latest update.
I had an installation problem too. For me, it froze at the third loading bar.
Solution provided by Eva support on the 3DXChat discord, which you can try if it hasn't already been suggested to you,µ
- Launch the installation via 3DXChat Launcher and not 3DXChat Launcher.exe.

Keep us posted, and hope it works, otherwise contact support directly on the 3DXChat server.

Edited by Khallum Troy

Yes I think the problem is in your registry and hidden old leftovers from the previous installation.
I had a similar experience first with the previous update v. 2.9 at the time because I also had the beta test version with that.
It is important to use a good uninstaller and I use REVO uninstaller, free to download, which really completely removes all program residues from the registry.
I understand your frustration and confusion and I wish you strength with the solution so don't despair.  💖

SUMMERR.png.2f4a8256abe897660975d2ba968b9de7.png

Thank you all for your help.
For Onedrive, it is uninstalled from my PC.
Window Defender is not activated and I don't use Ccleaner because I don't like this software.
I also use Revo and for the registry keys, they are deleted when I uninstall the game.
I should point out that I work in IT so I have already thought of simple things, like running the game as administrator, Windows Defender, antivirus etc...

I think my problem is that the registry keys are not sent to regedit when I install the game but I don't understand why.

1 hour ago, Alkis said:

Thank you all for your help.
For Onedrive, it is uninstalled from my PC.
Window Defender is not activated and I don't use Ccleaner because I don't like this software.
I also use Revo and for the registry keys, they are deleted when I uninstall the game.
I should point out that I work in IT so I have already thought of simple things, like running the game as administrator, Windows Defender, antivirus etc...

I think my problem is that the registry keys are not sent to regedit when I install the game but I don't understand why.

The info would be sent to the Registry, regedit is a MCC.

Are you trying to install it in a protected Directory?

And I agree CCleaner is crap software that does not even work correctly.

Another thing you can try, but may not work but it is worth a try, elevate the game to real time and see if that works.

Also R click it in task manager and see where the file resides and that will tell you if for some chance you have a couple versions installed on accident and is competing for the same .exe

What happens if you kill the process and restart the game?

The game also installs a folder in /AppData/LocalLow as well. You can try deleting the Sexgamedevil folder, when you launch the game, it will create a new folder in there.

I also found this, it may help:

If an app is running but not visible in Windows, it's probably running in the background or in “minimized” (compressed) mode. If this doesn't help, here are some ways you can try to find and restore the invisible app:

1. Try pressing the (ALT + TAB) keys to move the focus to another running app. The missing app may have been tucked in between the running apps.
  2. If the app does not appear when using the (ALT + TAB) keys, try using the Task Manager's “Switch To” function. To do so, press the (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) keys to open the Task Manager, then locate the missing app and click “Switch To” to open the app.
  3. Try checking the app icon in the Windows notification area (taskbar). The app may be running but hidden in the notification area. If you find the app icon, right-click and select “Maximize” or “Restore” to open the app.
  4. If the app continues to be invisible, try closing the app and reopening it from the beginning. If the app is a Windows built-in app, you may need to locate the .exe file of the app and run it manually.