3DXChat Community

When plugging in different headset, I can't hear music, but can hear ALL other game sounds through the headset, music still plays tinny through computer built in speaker

MaraWinterdyde

Just like the title says.

When plugging in different headset, I can't hear music, but can hear ALL other game sounds through the headset, music still plays tinny through computer built in speaker. I can hear sex sounds. Walking. Game GUI. Ambient sounds. Chat sounds. EVERYTHING BUT MUSIC in the headset. Like wtf. It's getting REALLY annoying having to restart my stupid computer EVERY time this happens.

I get this is an issue when I unplug my headset on my personal computer to use it on my work computer and then bring it back to my personal computer. But I'm pretty tech savvy when it comes to this and the ONLY thing that fixes it, is restarting my PC. I'm sorry, but when I have all three accounts logged on and synced up, it's a pain to have to redo everything. Even when it's just my one account logged in, why would I want to HAVE to restart my pc, log back into my programs that I use, and then log back into the game? 

I am running windows 10. I have done all the updates. I have gone into the device manager and enabled, disabled, uninstall, reinstalled the drives for the sound devices (my headset). I have gone into the sounds settings by right clicking the spearking in my taksbar and check all the settings there and adjusted them and still NOTHING. How the heck do I fix this issue that I ONLY have with 3dxchat without restarting my bloody computer EVERY time. 

PS, I am using the same headset for work and personal computer. I will be forking MORE money when I can becaus eof this debacle in order to not have to run into this issue, but until then, how the heck do I fix this issue??

Thanks

Mara

On 11/14/2022 at 2:41 PM, Paulinus said:

maybe you should check your Windows Soundmixer settings

https://prnt.sc/MMjcQCW1HbTq

That is a screen shot of where I said I did that. Sound settings and volume mixer. It's the weirdest thing. Idk. I've been having major issues with the pc. BSOD several times when logged into the game..yet almost NEVER when NOT logged into the game. But that is a whole other issue I am dealing with and fixing on my own. 

OMGL im having the same problems for days , i have deleted 3dx and re installed but still i cant hear any of the djs music on head set before now is not working at all . i have Asus Tuf Gaming pc and windows 11 , not my pc problem but the game . and the music i cannot control the volume through the compute only on the game 

Happened to me a few times now.  I unplugged my headphones and immediately lost all music sound, but still had game sound (walking sound, etc).

I have to close out the game and to be sure, restart my system.  Relogging back into game, all music returns.

I seems concerning only that the act of physically unplugging headphones would affect a specific in-game feature. Perhaps connected to the streaming aspect..dunno

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2022 at 12:59 PM, MaraWinterdyde said:

https://prnt.sc/MMjcQCW1HbTq

That is a screen shot of where I said I did that. Sound settings and volume mixer. It's the weirdest thing. Idk. I've been having major issues with the pc. BSOD several times when logged into the game..yet almost NEVER when NOT logged into the game. But that is a whole other issue I am dealing with and fixing on my own. 

The BSOD you are getting is your video card is starting to fail.

I had a VaporeX that did the same thing, worked just fine until I started 3DX and it would crash.

What was happening is the game looses connection to the video card driver and caused crashing windows.

If you are tech savvy and feeling adventurous, you can sperate the heat sink and the gpu and clean the old thermal paste off and apply new paste and reassemble it.

Sometimes it works, but didn't work for me.