Jump to content
3DXChat Community

delete world problem


sputnik
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, for some reason one of my Alts has a bugged room  ... If I try to enter the world editor 3dxchat crashes? I just want to delete the bugged build, but I can't get into the world editor, as I said, without the game crashing  ... is there a way to delete the world in the files of the app? or any other suggestion   .... My other world with my other Alt doesn't crash?

I have a beefy rtx 3090 PC so its not my PC :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sputnik said:

Hi, for some reason one of my Alts has a bugged room  ... If I try to enter the world editor 3dxchat crashes? I just want to delete the bugged build, but I can't get into the world editor, as I said, without the game crashing  ... is there a way to delete the world in the files of the app? or any other suggestion   .... My other world with my other Alt doesn't crash?

I have a beefy rtx 3090 PC so its not my PC :)

It is possible to delete the world files, but I would approach it slightly differently to avoid the World Editor then not being able to open because it couldn't find the file it is set to point at.

  1. Firstly, search for *.world files on your drive.  The place they are located will depend on where you saved them, so I can't tell you where your's will be.
  2. Once you have found them, you should be able to delete the bugged world file.
  3. However, rather than leave it like that, I would then COPY one of the un-bugged world files and call it the exact same name as the bugged world file you just deleted.  If you intend to rebuild the World that was bugged, you might want to copy the World file that is most similar to the World that was bugged as this will save you time rebuilding. 

By doing step 3, when you enter the World Editor for that Alt, it should find and open the newly copied World file.  From there you can use the World Editor to change the World into whatever you want.

 

Edited by Leopardus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Leopardus said:

It is possible to delete the world files, but I would approach it slightly differently to avoid the World Editor then not being able to open because it couldn't find the file it is set to point at.

  1. Firstly, search for *.world files on your drive.  The place they are located will depend on where you saved them, so I can't tell you where your's will be.
  2. Once you have found them, you should be able to delete the bugged world file.

 

 

Thanks, but I have many World files, which I have no problem finding or deleting/copying  ... The problem is when I enter the World editor 3DXchat crashes  ....so I can't even load the default room.

I just need to load a room without the bug  .... but I can't because 3dx crashes immediately :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MeiLing said:

The room is saved on the server...

Yes, you are right Meiling ... when I find my BMT order ID I will ask 3dxchat to reset the room to default, thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Thanks, but I have many World files, which I have no problem finding or deleting/copying

I'm confused, because it was you that asked in your original post ”... is there a way to delete the world in the files of the app?

 

49 minutes ago, sputnik said:

I just need to load a room without the bug

Still confused because that's what I thought my proposal would achieve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leopardus said:

Still confused because that's what I thought my proposal would achieve.

Even if they deleted every single .world file on their machine, when they open the Editor ingame the server tries to load in a corrupted save. And promptly crashes. 
 

They need to ask Support to roll back the room saved on the Server Side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...