3DXChat Community

Bugs I'm still encountering

TrissMeri

So now I'm trying the last fix which is uninstalling the game and deleting registry files and then installing the latest version.

Things I'm encountering:

• Shared Worlds not appearing
  • My world is always water
  • Public worlds don't have any users in them
  • my money is always 0
  • Didn't get any compensation for either gametime or gamegold but maybe that's because my subscription ended before the compensation dunno maybe it's related to the problems and maybe not

I tried all the fixes I can find on the forums and reported these bugs for support but still waiting for response.

@Lisa Please if you can help me out in any way I'd be very grateful.

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_3.png

I am just wondering, around the time of the ddos attack, did your membership expire and then you subsequently rejoined?

There seem to be a few people that are experiencing the same kind of problem as you.  I recall Lisa posting at one point that the ddos attack damaged the server causing data loss, and they needed to rebuild.  So my mind is musing with the idea that there was a small window of time in which some accounts that expired then rejoined got missed in the data rebuild due to some difference in the timing of the server failure and the recovery point at which they restored the data.  Those accounts would now be getting past the sign-in authentication stage as that is all separate and legit but then when being passed over to the main game server archtecture it is failing due to data being missed in relation to account information on that side.

All just a hunch of course, but after after 40 years on the IT industry it wouldn't be the first time I have witnessed that kind of scenario with data loss and restore.

18 hours ago, Leopardus said:

I am just wondering, around the time of the ddos attack, did your membership expire and then you subsequently rejoined?

There seem to be a few people that are experiencing the same kind of problem as you.  I recall Lisa posting at one point that the ddos attack damaged the server causing data loss, and they needed to rebuild.  So my mind is musing with the idea that there was a small window of time in which some accounts that expired then rejoined got missed in the data rebuild due to some difference in the timing of the server failure and the recovery point at which they restored the data.  Those accounts would now be getting past the sign-in authentication stage as that is all separate and legit but then when being passed over to the main game server archtecture it is failing due to data being missed in relation to account information on that side.

All just a hunch of course, but after after 40 years on the IT industry it wouldn't be the first time I have witnessed that kind of scenario with data loss and restore.

@Leopardus my subscription had 1 day left before they freezed the accounts, then it suddenly expired about 3 or 4 days ago I think, the thing was happening to me before it expired.
Now I renewed it and there's no compensation but maybe that's because it expired before they did the compensation dunno. Now after the renewal all the bugs are still there

1 hour ago, TrissMeri said:

@Leopardus my subscription had 1 day left before they freezed the accounts, then it suddenly expired about 3 or 4 days ago I think, the thing was happening to me before it expired.
Now I renewed it and there's no compensation but maybe that's because it expired before they did the compensation dunno. Now after the renewal all the bugs are still there

Ok, that's interesting and fits with the theory I had.  I would advise you to write to Customer Support with this information and specifically ask them to check if your game server side details got rebuilt successfully when they restored the data on after the data loss.  Include your screen shots and list all the actions you have already taken.

You may also have to consider cancelling that sub and buying a brand new account.  Not an ideal way forward but it might be the only way for you to get back into the game.

Edited by Leopardus