3DXChat Community

PRIVATE MESSAGE PROBLEMS???

Villanelle

Since this game has come back online I'd noticed my 'popularity' had nosedived, barely a single message from anybody anywhere for days on end... until somebody mentioned in Local Chat that they'd tried to PM me only to be told I'm 'OFFLINE!' (despite the fact my avi is there dancing next to them).

A few other people joined the Local Chat to say (i) they couldn't PM me either, or (ii) the same had happened to them/friends.

I'd also noticed hardly any replies to PM's I'd made (very occasionally one gets through) and although I've never been informed the person is 'OFFLINE' I'm still presuming this is because few of the PMs are actually getting through.

So, is anybody else suffering similar?  Or know of a fix?

I have reported it as a bug.

It's a bit pointless continuing with this chat game if people cannot chat with me or me with them  😕

3 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Since this game has come back online I'd noticed my 'popularity' had nosedived, barely a single message from anybody anywhere for days on end... until somebody mentioned in Local Chat that they'd tried to PM me only to be told I'm 'OFFLINE!' (despite the fact my avi is there dancing next to them).

A few other people joined the Local Chat to say (i) they couldn't PM me either, or (ii) the same had happened to them/friends.

I'd also noticed hardly any replies to PM's I'd made (very occasionally one gets through) and although I've never been informed the person is 'OFFLINE' I'm still presuming this is because few of the PMs are actually getting through.

So, is anybody else suffering similar?  Or know of a fix?

I have reported it as a bug.

It's a bit pointless continuing with this chat game if people cannot chat with me or me with them  😕

Yes, I've had quite a few people thinking I was ignoring them when they said they've sent me a PM and I didn't reply. It seems to be a bug that happens sometimes, same as some people showing as being offline when they're actually not.

That would explain when I messaged people the last two night I had no replies - I was thinking I was on a run of back luck lol.  My messages were to do with:

1) one occasion when I apologised for sitting on a sofa that someone else was already sitting on - they weren't visible when I chose to sit there and appeared a minute or two later (the room was lagging badly)

2) one occasion in the same room when someone sat on me and I pointed out I was there

3) one occasion when I asked an innocent question about someone's profile photo.

Normally these would be situations in which I would anticipate a reply.  I did wonder if maybe the messages weren't working.

This has happened to me also.  A man and I started chatting in the world Chat, but when we tried to private message each other the messages would not go thru.  He sent me a PM but no PM box opened on my end, and vice-versa.  We then agreed in the World Chat to meet at Love Island (to be in same room), and try to PM there. PM worked there with us in the same room.

@Leopardus  The "sitting on, or being sat on by, someone else" is due to lag.  It seems to me that 3DX itself lags. I mean, at times even when/if our computers/internet are not lagging.  I've noticed this "game lagging, when I'm not" thing ever since I first joined 3DX.  One possible reason for this is because the 3DX coding is a bit cluttered.  By this I mean, well here's an example... We used to have two ignore options, "partial ignore" and "full ignore". Many months ago ( a year or more?), Gizmo removed the "partial ignore" option but left all the coding in the main code upon which the "partial ignore" feature functioned.  Now when 3DX tries to hide everyone we have on ignore, it finds two ignore codes (partial ignore and full ignore) and it gets confused, so it lags as it tries to figure out which code to use.  I believe this is why we can ignore someone but, either at that moment or sometime later, still see their avatar (partial ignore only blocked invites and messages, but did not make avatars invisible).  If this is Gizmo's habit, then surely there are other bits of no longer used coding Gizmo has not removed but which cause "3DX lags due to code confusion" issues.

Edited by pretty