3DXChat Community

CPU or whatever issue.

BadWord

18 hours ago, BadWord said:

My computer is working noticably (is that a word?) harder since patch 414. It´s hotter! there is something wrong with the game. I close everything else and it´s still a issue. Something in the game is putting more strain on my computer now than before the DDoS and following patch. Maybe others don´t notice this with gaming rigs, but me, with a laptop on my belly can tell very clearly that something have changed. 

@Lisa @Gizmo

Yes something might have changed, however it is pretty standard for your computer to run up to anything around 70'C when playing games.

I strongly advise that you check your vents and clean them as you have been playing with your laptop on your "belly". You really should never play anything gaming with your laptop not on a hard surface.

The primary intake vents for your laptop will be on the underside and you are blocking a large portion of your laptops ability to cool the cpu and gpu.

Best of Luck

Edited by Abbey

1 minute ago, Abbey said:

Yes something might have changed, however it is pretty standard for your computer to run up to anything around 70'C when playing games.

I strongly advise that you check your vents and clean them as you have been playing with your laptop on your "belly". You really should never play anything gaming with your laptop not on a hard surface. The primary intake vents for your laptop will be on the underside and you are blocking a large portion of your laptops ability to cool the cpu and gpu.

That is good advice, and I do clean my vents regularly. And now I answered even tho I said I should not.

Also, yes, belly, stomach, tummy, the part between pelvis and chest.

Again, I am not looking for advice on cooling my computer. I´m pointing out a new issue with the game. Wich others seem to have experienced too.

2 hours ago, XxBooYahxX said:

again- I have the same problem! 

something is wrong. and its not hot here or anything- the weather is cold....

18 hours ago, MeiLing said:

I have the same.

17 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Mine is a "gaming rig" and 3DX has always run very high CPU. Now it registers in the red zone.

12 hours ago, Meica said:

Same here, never heared my GPU fan that loud before. Even in Black Desert, in 4k, they are almost silent. Seems something is wrong. Damn... :(

I play on both my laptop and my desktop gaming rig. Neither has been having any issue. On my laptop I just have my settings down because like everyone else has stated a basic laptop's cooling system is never going be as good as a desktop's. That said I do have a good laptop, not one specifically for gaming but a decent one with a great laptop cooler that keeps my laptop temps in the 70's when I am in any game I run on it (which are limited to older and or browser games.

If I can offer a suggestion for a great laptop cooler that MAY help... get at least a 4 fan that has 1200+RPM. I had an old 2 fan and it blew chunks got a 4 fan and the temps dropped 10 degrees.