8 replies to this topic

#1 Xizl

Xizl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:23 AM

For some reason, ocean level in my room sometimes got reset to 0 level and I need to fix it in world editor again and again. Maybe someone else have this problem too or better say - any solution for this problem? 

#2 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,212 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:41 AM

Sorry but there is no solution. I always had to reset the level too. it is not saved in the word file.

• Xizl likes this

#3 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:18 AM

For some reason, ocean level in my room sometimes got reset to 0 level and I need to fix it in world editor again and again. Maybe someone else have this problem too or better say - any solution for this problem? 

I experienced this problem when I made a full-sized theatre. The front section slanted down so low it went through the sea and I had to keep lowering the sea-level. It would save sometimes but mostly it didn't and eventually it would always revert back to 0. I did not want my theatre underwater. In the end I had to lift the whole build up to get the sea out of the way. The best way to choose a new sea level and make it stay there no matter what, is to fly right back up into the air so ur whole build is in one block on the screen, click and drag across the entire build to select everything and it will all become highlighted. Choose the basic move icon and flycam to somewhere close to where your shoreline will be. Using only the up/down arrow widget, lift and lower the entire build so that the bottom edge is where u want it in relation to the sea level. When happy with your new sea level click 'save to file' and when pop-up window appears, locate your currently loaded build file. Click to highlight and then click OK, it will tell u this already exists, OK it and your build file now has it's new updated sea level.

• Cordelia, MeiLing, Xizl and 1 other like this

#4 XXVladXX

XXVladXX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:50 AM

there is a solution, we need to lower the entire location, not raise the sea level. :P

#5 Xizl

Xizl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

Thank you, Rockster!

#6 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

I had to help a friend lift his creation by dividing it into 4 different parts. Locking the direction to 5 (i needed to go 10 up) It became easy grabbing a section, saving the selected area and lifting that area in a new file. I did that four times then merged all four parts and saved the new file with the lifted room. 

• MeiLing likes this

#7 Briana

Briana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:01 AM

tsunami-gif-animado-3.gif

#8 THX

THX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationIn Your Cortex.

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:28 AM

I've found when you lower the sea it sometimes requires 2 saves.  Meaning you save... but you go in your room and find the sea back at zero even though you set it lower. One more save seems to do the trick.

*note  -7 meters makes names disapear.

• Cassey and Xizl like this

#9 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

Raising or lowering the level will always require you to put in the number every time you open editor. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World editor, bug, ocean level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users