3DXChat Community

CONFEDERATION FLAG - ABOUT

BIALAETICAT

I can see that to some people the confederate flag is like a red rag to a bull .................... but surely anybody who has an issue with it can always ask about the thinking behind using it in a room before going off on one? As a symbol it has become one of rebellion generally although I suppose there are some that use the symbol as one of white supremacy. In the UK the far right have adopted the Union Jack as their symbol - as the band Show of Hands say in their song 'Roots' 'It's my flag and I want it back'.

Β 

fwiw - racism is abhorent as sexism and many other isms. I'm one of those people for whom the confederate flag represents white supremacy so I would feel uncomfortable about its use in this context. Bialaeticat has explained the thinking behind displaying it in the room and I'm happy there was no racist intent. Isn't that sufficient?

Β 

no its not "sufficient" are you serious? because you are satisfied this persons motivations aren't racist; doesn't change the fact of what that symbolizes to those affected and clearly anyone who is satisfied with it; clearly isn't or hasn't been affected by its history and its presence.

I don't know exactly what Pablo meant, but except his words I didn`t notice no one bad word aboutΒ those people offended by the symbol. My words was about people who tried to attack other person in wc, local and so on.

It is prohibited and need to be stoped for sure.Β If people explain their point politely, they will not apply my words to themselves.

So its OK to advertise racism and try to buffer it with the "its a rock symbol" foolishness but its not OK to be offended and to speak/react on how this makes one feel? hmmm interesting. I wonder just how you would feel if it was about something more relatable to all and not some?

From now on, I am silent because I argue with radicals and waste of time, and some people are more intelligent and important than they really are in reality, so stay with their ideologies and supposed certainties. I will continue to be as my true friends know me and it is enough if someone wants to know me better please coax the will, but please be humble and stop poking your nose

Excuse me, you have this so very twisted and its even a bit sad that you would question anyone's intellect on this matter; when clearly yours is lacking obviously on this subject matter; or you would not be sitting here striking out, to those you have hurt unintentionally or not. But to throw insults to those who are offended and then get mad at them for you feeling that they are insulting you... is irony at its best. Also, its not poking their noses when you have chosen something to sinister to represent your room...its a mere reaction to the action you chose. Another thing, if your friends are supporting you with this situation...they are just as wrong. Racism isn't ones ideology just to inform you it is a fact! Maybe you do not understand what that word means so I will give you it...

Β 

iΒ·deΒ·olΒ·oΒ·gy
[ˌīdΔ“ΛˆΓ€lΙ™jΔ“, ˌidΔ“ΛˆΓ€lΙ™jΔ“]
NOUN
1A) a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
Β  1B) the ideas and manner of thinking characteristic of a group, social class, or individual.

So yes this ISN'T someones idea of it being wrong and being racist... its a definite wrong!

PLACE TO CREATE SWEET AND EDUCATED PEOPLE? I'm sorry but I think you're in the wrong place, first because you're being the first one not to be that way, criticizing me and once again charging me for a racist thing that I'm not like I've explained countless times over there, second because here Most people, and I said most do not all use to satisfy frustrations, if they become great, intelligent, powerful and owners of reason and truth, when they can not do it in real life, I since I am respect everyone here because respect the human being behind the avatar, if I made a mistake in putting the flag, I had the humility to correct my mistake and remove the flag badly, now people like you want to give me moral lesson, I do not need it, because who knows me you know how I am here like in real life, and there are still people who say "NO YOU TALKED RACIST" Yes, not directly, but the suggestions are various, I also suffered racism in my country of origin precisely because it is Italian, as you mentioned in your unfortunate comment, now if it's good for you to write these things feel free, if it does not feel good to visit my room, feel free, I'm here to have fun and if possible to amuse people, I have rooms for all kinds of fun . Do you know why? because I like to see people happy, having fun. But here some people have fun watching the sadness of others. I opened this post because I felt offended, first for someone to go to my room and provoke discord, as I said in my pos, talk to me personally about the ok flag accepted, but start talking to my guests, who were in the room and why They did not bother with the flag anymore. I never intended the flag to show any kind of opinion against or in favor of someone or a race, but it's funny how people here see things that do not exist, but I say again who knows me here knows how I am and not I'm these people that some are trying to show. And Perimede do not waste your time saying that it would be better to praise, because these people prefer a million times to criticize and humiliate than to show understanding when correcting something that was wrong. Perimede thanks for your words, as I said not everyone here are just players. In my IRL I have black friends, many aliases since I was born in Brazil, I have gay and transsexual friends, I have arabic friends (ops I must be careful when speaking in arabs, because maybe someone feels offended because I have arab friends). So whoever charges me a racist because of a flag that has already been withdrawn feel free to satisfy his desire

e vocΓͺ ainda insiste em dizer que sou racista e mais ainda agora meus amigos tambΓ©m porque me apΓ³iam? eles me apΓ³iam porque sabem que eu nΓ£o sou esse tipo de pessoa que vocΓͺ estΓ‘ tentando mostrar que eu sou, alΓ©m de tudo aqui vocΓͺ me parece o que mais quer mostrar o seu problema comigo? nΓ£o gosta de mim, por favor, sinta-se livre para sair daqui e ficar com suas convicçáes.Β No, I did not ask anyone, I just said that I waste my time arguing with radical people like you who despite the explanations and everything I wrote still insists on saying that I am racist and that in your opinion I did it on purpose to provoke people

So its OK to advertise racism and try to buffer it with the "its a rock symbol" foolishness but its not OK to be offended and to speak/react on how this makes one feel? hmmm interesting. I wonder just how you would feel if it was about something more relatable to all and not some?

You are wrong. No one advertise racism. Not much people know history of not native country. You better check what about ppl wrote here. You can be offened by your mind a lot, it is not a reason to attack people. If you wonder how i would feel about something, so, In a different way but mostly nothing and it`s not important. Problem was solved here, but one by one, someone trying to throw their few cents here and continue this.Β 

It's been three days since I've been listening to this kind of accusation, and I'm starting to lose even the desire to continue in the game because of mean people like you, people who seem to enjoy hurting people, people like you without a hitch understanding and kindness in the soul, you are small, and arrogant.

You are wrong. No one advertise racism. Not much people know history of not native country. You better check what about ppl wrote here. You can be offened by your mind a lot, it is not a reason to attack people. If you wonder how i would feel about something, so, In a different way but mostly nothing and it`s not important. Problem was solved here, but one by one, someone trying to throw their few cents here and continue this.Β 

No I am not wrong it is an advertisement when displayed in a public place.. and I DID NOT say all who spoke on this subject where not of the original country...I said what i said in that reference to the the author of the post who explained they are from Brazil so do not twist my words to suit your rant against what I wrote. So I DO NOT need to check who is responding from where, and there were OTHERS who ARE NOT AMERICANS; in another unofficial forum who thought and think this is funny and nothing worth having an issue over. PLEASE READ ALL that I have said, and not try to skim the surface with an attempt to feed your cause and purpose. I will not allow you to try to demean me or what I am able to speak intelligently on. NO IT WAS NOT settled all that has been accomplished is the fact that people in 2018 are still just as they were back in time have not come full circle with what is a horrific period of time along side of its symbolism's! She speaks of her own countries issues with Italians; how would she feel if those same issues became the theme of a non Brazilian Italian descendant's room and basically everyone told her to get over it, move on, don't come, leave them be its for their and their friends enjoyment who gives a damn how she hurts from it? I wonder if she would be so nonchalant about it then. And as I have mentioned please READ all that I have said before you paraphrase a section might help you understand me more. :)

who has the small mind and thinks in 2018 how your ancestors are you, not us Do you want to know how I would feel? I would not make that kind of accusation as you are doing because I am bigger than that, because I know myself, because I have love in my heart, I have a sense of forgiveness9, I am not small and mean as you are going to take care of your problems, being like you are you must have mkuitos, solve them first to want to criticize people you do not know

For the last time I will say, I APOLOGIZE THOSE WHO FEEL OFFENDED, THE FLAG HAS ALREADY BEEN WITHDRAWAL, AND MORE ONCE I SAY HATE RACISM OR ANY FORM OF DISCRIMINATION OF ANY KIND. BUT PLEASE PEOPLE TO CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO STOP CHARISTERING SOMETHING THAT I AM NOT AND NEVER SUPPORTED

who has the small mind and thinks in 2018 how your ancestors are you, not us Do you want to know how I would feel? I would not make that kind of accusation as you are doing because I am bigger than that, because I know myself, because I have love in my heart, I have a sense of forgiveness9, I am not small and mean as you are going to take care of your problems, being like you are you must have mkuitos, solve them first to want to criticize people you do not know

I am guessing here you are speaking to me, and I would love to address it but have no idea what it is you are trying to say. You have offended a lot of people this is why its a problem and not just me. BUT its clear you wish not to understand that point. So I am not going to keep going in circles with you....the flag like it or not is a symbol of racism and all who do not see anything wrong with it shame on you. Clearly, you and who else ever ain't getting it and I for sure am tired of trying to help you to understand the error of displaying the stupid thing in the first place. So good luck with it.

No I am not wrong it is an advertisement when displayed in a public place.. and I DID NOT say all who spoke on this subject where not of the original country...I said what i said in that reference to the the author of the post who explained they are from Brazil so do not twist my words to suit your rant against what I wrote. So I DO NOT need to check who is responding from where, and there were OTHERS who ARE NOT AMERICANS; in another unofficial forum who thought and think this is funny and nothing worth having an issue over. PLEASE READ ALL that I have said, and not try to skim the surface with an attempt to feed your cause and purpose. I will not allow you to try to demean me or what I am able to speak intelligently on. NO IT WAS NOT settled all that has been accomplished is the fact that people in 2018 are still just as they were back in time have not come full circle with what is a horrific period of time along side of its symbolism's! She speaks of her own countries issues with Italians; how would she feel if those same issues became the theme of a non Brazilian Italian descendant's room and basically everyone told her to get over it, move on, don't come, leave them be its for their and their friends enjoyment who gives a damn how she hurts from it? I wonder if she would be so nonchalant about it then. And as I have mentioned please READ all that I have said before you paraphrase a section might help you understand me more. :)

Yes, you are wrong. Any advertisement has a point, but racism wasn`t her point. So, don`t try to fool people here. I didn`t try to demean you, no one word with this point, you tried to do something,right?(highlighted in your text).

My cause and purpose are very simple, but you have no clue what is it. So, try better next time. BIAΒ  apologized here few times,so be polite and leave this peaceful then, don`t attack again.

What we are seeing now is a refusal to see that Bia’s motives for displaying the flag originally are not racist, she has said this very clearly. She has accepted that it means something different to US citizens and has taken appropriate action. Job done, yeah?

Β 

I don’t think Bia is any more racist than Ex or I, there’s no real evidence to suggest otherwise. @Bia - can I suggest you try and ignore these attacks. I suspect they are only trying to get you to dig a hole for yourself.

Β 

So let’s discuss why the flag is such a problem in modern America and not reflecting a bit of history we can all learn from. Who was it said that to fail to learn from history condemns you to making the same mistakes over and over again.

What we are seeing now is a refusal to see that Bia’s motives for displaying the flag originally are not racist, she has said this very clearly. She has accepted that it means something different to US citizens and has taken appropriate action. Job done, yeah?

Β 

I don’t think Bia is any more racist than Ex or I, there’s no real evidence to suggest otherwise. @Bia - can I suggest you try and ignore these attacks. I suspect they are only trying to get you to dig a hole for yourself.

Β 

So let’s discuss why the flag is such a problem in modern America and not reflecting a bit of history we can all learn from. Who was it said that to fail to learn from history condemns you to making the same mistakes over and over again.

Totaly agree.

But I think that if we will continue this discussion, we will born more attacks from someone. I`ll ask support to close this topic because of drama. Problem was solved.

So why not fill us in on the history rather than going off on one, yeah? It was about more than just the desire to keep slaves, surely?

Β 

In the same way Bia has had to accept that the confederate flag can be seen as a symbol of racism, the people offended need to accept the it has been used to symbolise other things. Hence misunderstandings happen. It is the intent that is important.

Β 

I suppose one analogy is a statue Cecil Rhodes in the UK that is causing consternation. He was of his time and represents part of UK history which contains both bad and good, albeit rather different viewed from the here and now. I think it is important to understand as complete a picture as possible about these things.

anyways,that was my attempt to show why people are not happy in the thread,if you cannot look at both sides,I am not sure what else to say.That is all.RobT out!

Not first not last time you out.

My first post here was about your jimmy or something else. This person came to the room and started bother ppl inside. Isn`t it an attack? And pls don`t tell me it was by different reason, masked attack still an attack. And if im not wrong, it was in the same time when you explained ur point of view about this flag.

You were there where Mr. Rob Jimmy said to me okay, in my room, and I told him that he would seek to know pont. but then you started telling my guests, do you think that's correct? if you think someone is right in your house and tell your guests that I have a racist thing in my room you are wrong, tell me and I take action, just like I did if you took the time to read my request Excuse me and say I took the flag off. But you do not insist on coming back here just to tell me that I'm being bullied and creating a case.

ASK FOR EXCUSES AND A VIRTUE TO FORGIVE AND DIVINE

Β 

lol, same act, no. being a bigot , maybe but not racism.Β 

Β 

Β 

racΒ·ism
[ˈrāˌsizΙ™m]
Β 
NOUN
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Β 

At first who is Allie, just wondering. Didn`t notice this name on this topic.

ok,i feel like ive helped enough today in aiding you in understanding the difference. What can i say, i like to help people...Its why I'm still on my first forum account and some are on his or her third;)

I will show you difference and will help you to understand a logic and simple thing,just let me know who is Allie?