3DXChat Community

New to the game - totally fictional persona or play your fantasy as you?

Freezer

I have and always will be myself, I cannot play a full RP character as I end up coming into that character and then it just ends up being me.

During RP sex or other shorter RPs it is a lot easier and there again I am either myself or whatever the RP would be.

The way I am here is just the way I am. Sarcastic, goofy, witty, intelligent, slightly aloof, straightforward and honest. Better to be good at being yourself than to be bad at being somebody you are not :)

Definitely one of your strong traits since you have been on is being yourself. I am as true to myself as possible. Whichever helps you to enjoy the game, I say go for it.

You are already off to a great start it sounds like.

We're always rping real life - we're different people depending on who we're with, what we're doing, how we feel. No matter how you rp, in my view it's always going to be an aspect of yourself, a part of you, perhaps a part that laid hidden.

Most people rp at least to some extent in game, for example, I believe people amplify their emotions here, but they are also betraying an aspect of their personality as well.

I try to play as myself, but perhaps an improved version that I would like to be. Here I try to be kinder, wittier, wiser than I'm aware I am in reality, but would like to be.

This is true, even trying to embody a personage, anyone who stay here long enough, ends up reflecting through your char what is in real life.
I believe that no one is 100% true, but I also believe that exist truth in all.

What really matters is what we are 
If we really are what we think.
Your true self reflected in your outdoor...
Whatever it is, do it for love  :)

I always played myself to a degree though there are a few things I wouldn't have done in rl but then that's what this game is about. Careful if you play a fictional you some people get funny about that and get all worked up!

Guest Eclipse

I always play as myself...

In some situations I find that I go much further than I ever would in real life, basically because I don't have the guts...yet.

Just keep in mind that this is a role-playing site, so not everyone is who they say they are - by design.

You really really need to keep reminding yourself of that (or at least I do)... :)

Totally agree Eclipse

But is it a role playing site? I mean I get that people do roleplay here but it's primarily an adult chat thing isn't it? This is the first thing like this I ever really tried and I'm still not really sure how to deal with it in this regard.

Reminding yourself constantly that people play this very differently than you might be playing it is definitely essential.

It's an adult sex game. We were all drawn to it by the sexual content and the visuals not to discuss our favourite chess moves. Everyone is playing the game to some extent that doesn't mean you aren't playing yourself. If it was just a chat room it would be pretty mundane. Look at local chat it's almost non existant. Other than sexual content there is nothing much else to do not like other games where you can create your own rooms whether it be clubs, homes, beach retreats,design your own clothes and toons. Yes we chat to friends all be it mainly in pm or group but it's the sexual content the majority of people are paying for.

Sex, Sex, sex, S.E.X., I should try it more.

Lol opal virtual sex is not all it's made upto be. Personally it all gets pretty boring for me hence the reason I've always came and went from here. Rl is far more stimulating and rewarding. I understand for some, virtual relationships is all they can have for whatever reason and I respect that. I think to keep any excitement here you need to be an occasional player or it soon burns itself out.

Lol opal virtual sex is not all it's made upto be. Personally it all gets pretty boring for me hence the reason I've always came and went from here. Rl is far more stimulating and rewarding. I understand for some, virtual relationships is all they can have for whatever reason and I respect that. I think to keep any excitement here you need to be an occasional player or it soon burns itself out.

LOL Stewie! CyberSex is awesome! 

Yeah agree...real sex can set your world on fire so much more than this yeah but it can also be boring too lol

Watching a couple of avis go at it can get dull yeah but there's much more to it than that no? I guess if you're in game and at it everyday then yup that's gonna get old fast, and possibly not very healthy...just sayin'. Part of the reason why I don't play much and I'm exclusive when I find someone that I wanna be with.

But then I've found so far that I "play" this very differently from most peeps. Maybe fictitious is a better way to go.

No answers from me as usual lol.

Guest SweetHoney

Agree. For me ive always found my biggest erogenous zone is my mind my imagination. I can honestly say that ive had some cybersex here that has been as good as and maybe better than the real thing.

I have to totally agree with JanaX  :D