3DXChat Community

PIE>cake

Alayaya

Son, we live in a world that has plates, and those plates have to fill the stomachs of people.  What's going to do it?  You?  Cake?  Pie has greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.  You weep for cake and you curse the pie.  You have that luxury.  You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that pie's ascent, while tragic, probably saved lives.  And its existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.  You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT pie on that plate.  You NEED pie on that plate.  You use words like "Breading, frosting, tastiness."  Pie uses these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something.  Cake uses them as a punchline.  I have neither the time nor inclination to explain myself to a person who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom pie provides, and then questions the manner pie provides it.  I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way.  Otherwise I suggest you pick up a pie and eat it.  Either way I don't give a damn about what desert you think you're entitled to.

All hail the pie.

Saying Pie is better than cake is a very bold statement, as I think you have some valid points I will dis-concur. Cake is fabulous and has a far greater texture, where as pie is flaky and falls apart. Can you hand out pie on napkins at a 5 years old's birthday? No way in hell! Cake tho, that will work, it has a solid breading that holds up well, it can be eaten by hand it cut small enough, where as pie is just simply a mess. Mind you people say pie has more options for flavors and ingredients, that is not exactly true, you can put all sort of fresh fruit on a cake, not to mention the infamous carrot cake, carrot cake while being a sweet treat it is also high in vitamin A which is a vitamin many people tend to lack in their diets. Also adding pecans and other nuts ground to a powered added to the mix will add a healthy boost of vitamins without anyone even knowing! At the end of the day what you prefer is what is best, but i must respectfully disagree that cake is a much more delicious option for an snack.

CAKE>PIE 

Siri said it all but... Adding cake is by far better than pie. The texture... The frosting... Butter cream, whipped cream, ice cream, ganache, pudding, etc. It can be shaped into different forms for your favorite celebration. It can be stacked and tiered for weddings. Let's not forget delicious cupcakes. If you need a filling, well, you can add filling to cake. Cake wins every time.

So much more can be done with pie.  Not only can you add the same frostings, fillings, and ice creams, you can create so much more.  From apple and pumpkin pies to silk pies, to ice cream pies to the many, many meat pies.  And it can come in the same sizes as cakes.  It can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desert.  Cant say that about cake now can you.  Pie wins every time.

And so the war dragged on.  Year after year of slinging pies and cakes to either side.  There were many casualties, many poor deserts wasted upon the streets while children in Africa cried out in despair.  Yet neither side would relent for their passion was great and their desire to dominate the pastry world...unending.  So ends the tail of pie vs. cake, not with a climax or a whimper, nor with a cliffhanger, but with a promise of a long, dark future in this endless debate.

But you can't spell Pie without I then all you get is PE :( n no one likes PE :( and with Cake I mean there's so many varieties of Cake as much as Pie. I think its honestly more of a Stalemate then one being better. Remember Without an I you get PE or CAKE :) Do you like PE? lol