3DXChat Community

What happened to this place?

Brenda

Β 

I would normally agree with you and epi, but there a moment where you understand that kindness won't help and even risk to reinforce a behavior that is harmful to others that might be caught into that drama storm.

Β 

Granted, there are always going to be people where nothing can be done... but I wasn't thinking of these cases, but the many (and there are many) avoidable times where drama could have been avoided by just talking, communicating, listening, instead of the rush to get upset or angry and make it worse than it needs to be. Despite the more extreme cases, I think much drama is avoidable and if we all tried a little harder to be patient sometimes, this place would be nicer for all.

Β 

And I should mention also the obsessives and the creeps. Those that try to slip into the private life of someone against there will. Those doesn't deserve kindness and pretty much a kick somewhere it hurt. 3dxchat is a game and no RL should be ruined because of it.

Β 

I wholly agree. But that is not what I'm talking about...

Β 

Β 

Β 

But more important of all, sometime you come on the forum and you see a situation where people reaction might seen harsh. There probably a reason for it. Understanding also mean getting the big picture. ;)

Β 

Also, please don't feel I'm criticising anyone at all, specifically. I don't know the specifics and I would not rush to judge even if I did. I'm just responding to the point about there being a lot of drama here, by pointing out that sometimes the solution is not to make it any worse by reacting and multiplying it, however tempting it is. It is something I see happen often. I've done it myself, and regretted it.

I would normally agree with you and epi, but there a moment where you understand that kindness won't help and even risk to reinforce a behavior that is harmful to others that might be caught into that drama storm.

Kindness is not something to be giving freely. And I don't mean that it will cost money or any valuable. It mostly mean that I must get the feeling that the other person want to make a effort and change to get better.

I usually give people a lot of chances and I try to be understanding that some situations are tough one and take time to resolve but there a few factors that might change that.

Are others are getting harassed or hurt by the individual behavior ? If the answers is yes and talking to that individual about it didn't change anything. Well, maybe kindness and understanding won't work as much.

Is the individual walk the talk most of the time ? When someone keep saying one thing and do another. It get tough to guess that person intent and how genuine they are. It come back to that point I made earlier about being really willing to improve.

Oh, and let not forget the narcissistic. Individual that live to get attention from others and by giving them you kindness, you might just feed them and well, nothing is really solved.

And then come the one with serious mental problem and that this game seen to mess up really badly. Well, I understand that some people want to be supportive, but some of them need professional help and propably be off the game to give them a chance to get better.

And I should mention also the obsessives and the creeps. Those that try to slip into the private life of someone against there will. Those doesn't deserve kindness and pretty much a kick somewhere it hurt. 3dxchat is a game and no RL should be ruined because of it.

But more important of all, sometime you come on the forum and you see a situation where people reaction might seen harsh. There probably a reason for it. Understanding also mean getting the big picture. ;)

Β 

Β 

^^Ditto^^

This place is what you make it. No amount of new features will satisfy boredom.

Β 

A month or so back I was considering leaving this game (I didn't make a forum topic about it. Check out me for restraint. Yay!) because I was getting bored. I had two options. One, leave quietly. Two, make changes. I chose option two. I started a group with some friends called Temple of Lust where people come and have fun, I am lucky enough to have wonderful friends already and I have met someone who makes me really happy.

Β 

You can't expect the developers to fix everything or new features to be a magic cure. This is a community first and foremost and it is up to the community to make this the place what it is. If more people took Epi's approach then this place would be wonderful. Also if people are bringing you down then maybe you should question whether you are in the right circle of friends. Do they make you happy or does their drama bring you down? If you then move to other friends and there is the same drama either you are unlucky or maybe you are the main cause of the drama.

Β 

I have "only" been here 10 months. People ask "what happened to this place" yet I speak to people who have been here 2-3 years and it has always been the same just with a lot less features. It is true that with more people there is an increased risk of noise and trolls but it is really what you make it.

This place is what you make it. No amount of new features will satisfy boredom.

Β 

A month or so back I was considering leaving this game (I didn't make a forum topic about it. Check out me for restraint. Yay!) because I was getting bored. I had two options. One, leave quietly. Two, make changes. I chose option two. I started a group with some friends called Temple of Lust where people come and have fun, I am lucky enough to have wonderful friends already and I have met someone who makes me really happy.

Β 

You can't expect the developers to fix everything or new features to be a magic cure. This is a community first and foremost and it is up to the community to make this the place what it is. If more people took Epi's approach then this place would be wonderful. Also if people are bringing you down then maybe you should question whether you are in the right circle of friends. Do they make you happy or does their drama bring you down? If you then move to other friends and there is the same drama either you are unlucky or maybe you are the main cause of the drama.

Β 

I have "only" been here 10 months. People ask "what happened to this place" yet I speak to people who have been here 2-3 years and it has always been the same just with a lot less features. It is true that with more people there is an increased risk of noise and trolls but it is really what you make it.

Β 

Well, I agree. I am here 2 years, and the first months I had a lot of drama (also created by me as I wasn't completely honest). But after that, I learned that most drama can be avoided by just being honest and open. And take into account that chatting is very limited (much information is missing) so be: overly clear, lol. If you do that and meet the right people, it can be an awesome place. Of course it isn't real-life, it is sharing of fantasies, and those fantasies can include sex, romance or whatever you like. I don't consider the friendships fantasy though :)

I must have been really pissed off when I wrote all that. *Sighs*

Β 

I may come back, I'm not sure. Hopefully catch up with old friends and make some new ones. Try and just ignore the trolls.

Β 

I still hope this place gets good updates that WE want soon. After all, we're paying for it. No paying users, eventually no "game".