3DXChat Community

People do not load when entering any room.

MisterHiss

Since Thursday (10/5/2023) afternoon, I have had a consistent problem when playing the game. No matter what avi I use or what room I enter, room seems empty.  Almost no one displays.  The few bodies I may see are only the base model, no hair, naked, etc.  with no names displaying.  It seem sas though I can click one of the ones I see and see the usual popup menu with their names and so on.  Everything else seems to work fine. I can partner with someone and go through poses.  But still, almost no one displays and the ones that do display show up featureless. 

One more issue, if any of the few models that load do an action, they get stuck doing that action repeatedly.  So, someone kissing me on the cheek get stuck in a loop of kissing the air on the cheek repeatedly.

As an example, I took a screen shot of a room that should have 72 people in it. As you can see,  mostly empty except for some nameless base models

I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, rebooted multiple times, and I've tried to clean the registry.  nothing seems to fix this issue.  Can anyone shed any insight on next steps I should take?

image.thumb.png.a6d22d7ddd28bd61fb5347a0bb97b2fb.png

Telltale signs of poor connectivity. Your internet connection to 3DXChat is not working right.

More than likely a VPN (Virtual Private Network) app will fix it. MissD recommends using ProtoVpn and it is free as well.

You may need to try many different countries until it works, as many countries are blocked by the DDoS system 3DX has, it has been reported.

You can also try to connect to the other server, for example, if you connect through the Europe server, try the US server at the login page.

Good luck.

I think I may have exceeded my data plan, since i connect via my phone's hotspot.  My connection has slowed. 

here are the results from speedcheck.org

the tests on speedcheck.org says I ahve a latency between 66 and 102 ms,  download rate between 233.05 and 345 mbs, and upload rate between 10.4 and 46.78.  

When I log in, I have the same problem with rooms loading that I describe above.  Utilizing a VPN didnt seem to speed up the connection any.  It actually added more time on the latency.  

Can you give me more guidance on this?  For instance, what values for latency and income and outoing rates should I be working towards so I know when my connection is good enough to support the game.

A VPN will not speed up a limited connection, it will route your connection through a server, bypassing possible blocked sites, IP's etc.

Anyways the server should still send you the information about the avatars, room etc. It will just take a lot longer on a limited connection, IF it doesn't timeout the connection all together.

I can't give you any specific guidance on the speed and latency you "need" to run the game.
If your internet speed and latency is as you said, you should be able to run the game just fine, unless the cellular network in your area drops a lot of traffic or times out longer sessions or something else.
The best recommendation I can give you is to get a stable internet connection through an ISP.

I think the issues is that you are using a mobile network.

Wireless has always had issues with internet-based games. One would have this same issue in Second Life with connectivity on wireless network. Even if it is a fast connection. Latency is a tricky thing sometimes, the latency to your PC may be good, but it may be bad down the line. Especially using a mobile network.

For those that don't Know what Second Life is, it is a game similar to this type of game but requires way more resources to run.

The speed you reported should run 3DXChat very well.

I've connected to the game via a mobile  network countless times for years and never had an issue like what I'm experiencing.  There  have been times that my mobile connection was faster and more stable than the local wifi.  Whenever I've traveled, like I am now, I used m phone to facilitate my connection to the game and have never had an issue.

Sorry if that came out harsh, but I'm really frustrated here.  I have about 10 days to figure out if I want to renew my account.  I've been enjoying this game regularly since 2017, even encouraging others to join and play and setting up accounts for them.  I've met so many newbies inthe game and showed them the ropes that I started calling myself the 3DX Welcoming Committee.  But  now I've got this issue that seems to have no explanation and no resolution.  For most other systems, I'd have given up and walked away a while ago, but I've been trying for days longer to make this work.  Even played the game with these nameless featureless version of friends' avis. 

I"ve got a life outside the game and I've always had the game as a retreat and a source of great pleasure and relaxation.  And now I'm considering walking away because of this stupid problem  UGH!

1 hour ago, MisterHiss said:

I've connected to the game via a mobile  network countless times for years and never had an issue like what I'm experiencing.  There  have been times that my mobile connection was faster and more stable than the local wifi.  Whenever I've traveled, like I am now, I used m phone to facilitate my connection to the game and have never had an issue.

Sorry if that came out harsh, but I'm really frustrated here.  I have about 10 days to figure out if I want to renew my account.  I've been enjoying this game regularly since 2017, even encouraging others to join and play and setting up accounts for them.  I've met so many newbies inthe game and showed them the ropes that I started calling myself the 3DX Welcoming Committee.  But  now I've got this issue that seems to have no explanation and no resolution.  For most other systems, I'd have given up and walked away a while ago, but I've been trying for days longer to make this work.  Even played the game with these nameless featureless version of friends' avis. 

I"ve got a life outside the game and I've always had the game as a retreat and a source of great pleasure and relaxation.  And now I'm considering walking away because of this stupid problem  UGH!

You did not come off as harsh to me, sounded like you just explained your grievance is all. Now doing it all in all caps would be harsh lol.

Though you may not have had a problem in the past or not, you are now, and it may be something that got changed by your mobile provider.

No matter what is causing it, you are experiencing connection issues with the game, somehow you have a bad connection to the game server.

This may help:

Connection problems
If you get connection refused or lost connection, but nobody else is having the same issue.

First of all, check your own internet connection.
Then you can use this site to check for a live status of 3DXChat here: https://status.3dxchat.net/
If that isn't the problem you can try to run a selftest to see if your ISP or firewall is blocking any of the connections 3DXChat needs to function here: https://status.3dxchat.net/selftest for a more accurate and detailed troubleshoot, you can download and run the troubleshoot file: https://status.3dxchat.net/troubleshooting (Follow the guide on the page)

If your connection is blocked or slow try the following steps:
Use a VPN there are plenty of free VPN options out there.
Use a cable connection instead of WiFi.
Allowing 3DXChat through your firewall and antivirus software.

Beyond that, you will need to contact your mobile provider and see if they did something to their service lately.

Thank you so much for this. I feel like I'm making progress finally. I followed the track of status.3dxchat.net. This was the result.

This makes sense to me since I get most of the data from the game, but not all of it.
So how do I fix this connection issue with "3DXChat CloudFlare endpoint 2 Trace"?
image.thumb.png.1a2abc721c158daa8f4ef02dc7b38354.png

33 minutes ago, MisterHiss said:

Thank you so much for this. I feel like I'm making progress finally. I followed the track of status.3dxchat.net. This was the result.

This makes sense to me since I get most of the data from the game, but not all of it.
So how do I fix this connection issue with "3DXChat CloudFlare endpoint 2 Trace"?
image.thumb.png.1a2abc721c158daa8f4ef02dc7b38354.png

You may try to use this for more details on the issue: https://status.3dxchat.net/troubleshooting

Or try a different VPN client and run the test again to see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

Help! I'm experiencing the issue where other players are not loading in correctly. (nude/no hair/ only a handful of characers!)

I've tried some troubleshooting localy and downloaded the game again. Reset Router, changed servers on VPN, allowed game through firewall.

Just still getting the issue?

image.thumb.png.d1465c4b543a79132a1e1ccf0c3d73f2.png

My internet speed is solid and as above it looks like the connection is fine.

Any further advice or is this an issue with the game itself?

Thanks for any advice as I've just renewed my subscription ><

Alex

Hi,

I did use a  mobile network like you for a while without issues, but have same like you now.

It works well with the home wifi for me. I did use the mobile network in the past because of a better conection, not right since the update Maybe ??

6 hours ago, AlexGuy said:

image.png.0fdef73a4d891d978f0d0d4841b3cbd1.png

I'm still having this problem!

All friends are online etc, but every room I join has sparse occupants and errors as above.

From the picture it sure looks like a connection issue, bad wifi / cellular internet / limites or slow internet speed

On 10/10/2023 at 8:12 PM, MissD said:

You may try to use this for more details on the issue: https://status.3dxchat.net/troubleshooting

Or try a different VPN client and run the test again to see if that helps.

You are experiencing a connection issue plain and simple.

The internet works by 2-way communications with computers, send data and receive data, when we have something in the middle of this stopping said communication then you have what you are experiencing, which is no communication due to something blocking it.

Sometimes it is very difficult to trace where the issue is, sometimes easy, it all depends on several factors.

If it is a security issue it could be something as simple as cache cleaning but may be an issue with your ISP security.

If it is a connection issue, then something on your end or something on the server's end that you are connecting through. Your PC may be setup great as far as how it communicates over the internet, but if the computer you are communicating through is the culprit. Something is standing in the way between computers.

Another thing people assume is if they have a really fast internet connection all is good, in actuality the computer you are communicating with is slower then hell, this will give you connection drops and disconnects from 3DX, even though you have a screaming fast connection. For example, you live in LA and have a Ferrari that goes 280 mph and you get on I95 and it is gridlocked, even though you have a Ferrari that goes 280 mph, you will still travel only 15 mph for hours. This scenario is why DSL pretty much disappeared, as back then it worked by to put it in layman terms, were connected by hubs and there would be like 10 lines servicing an area, if only 1 connection was active it worked really fast, well for back in  the day anyway lol, but if all 10 connections were active then it would be very slow for all 10, because as each connection came active it would take speed from the other connections. Cable internet works pretty much like this but because of the thick copper wires, latency is not affected, and they have expensive load balancers set up.

53 minutes ago, AlexGuy said:

Hi all,

After reading all the advice i decided to re-install windows and this fixed the issue for me.

Would seem it was something wrong with how my pc was set up or other.

Thanks all for the advice on the matter!

That is a rare occurrence reinstalling Windows and it fixes your issue, but I am glad you got it working again.

I just hope whatever it was does not come back because you never found what caused it in the first place.

Any rate, welcome back.