3DXChat Community

Well now here is a question I have for the powers that be of this world.

SugarPie

so somehow I suffer from homophobia because I dont want a strangers avi cock in my ass, interesting. let me guess, you are one of those people who think if you wont have sex with someone of the same sex, you are a bigot.

Not sure where ya got that from. 

Im Bi.. dun dun dun

Hey I play OpenSim!! :) I am not for one minute doubting the complexities of running a place like this (or that) and then on top of it dealing with members. Not for a second do I not give them all the credit they deserve.  However on this issue I am simply a paying customer with a right to a voice. I didnt take the year sub to save money I took it because it was the easiest option. Pay my money and have the 'game' for a year. Done great.  Am I regretting that decision? Remains to be seen. 

Well fair enough. I say this. you have a whole package you paid for. Not everything in there you like. So do what i do. Grab the things what you like from it and enjoy. Don't mind the rest.

3DXChat has many things to enjoy all or just some.

so somehow I suffer from homophobia because I dont want a strangers avi cock in my ass, interesting. let me guess, you are one of those people who think if someone wont have sex with someone of the same sex, they are a bigot.

*fixed it*

You belittle someone because they don't like to see their on screen avi being hugged by a random stranger.

Then you are upset if someone were to pull your avi into a sex pose.

Am I missing something here?  IS there more to this story?  How is this not the same thing? Only in the fact that you only see one of the acts as being invasive. 

Most people would see them both as being bad. They are acts being performed on a character in a game that you are watching. You can't laugh at 1 instance and make fun of someone for having issue with it while at the same time being upset about the other. That doesn't make any sense. 

Well fair enough. I say this. you have a whole package you paid for. Not everything in there you like. So do what i do. Grab the things what you like from it and enjoy. Don't mind the rest.

3DXChat has many things to enjoy all or just some.

Okay but that is in fact the point I was originally making. I do like this place there are many many things about it I really enjoy. Due to the recent issues of 'room theft/copying' and the subsequent ban of a member yet not banning others it is bringing to light that perhaps what I do not like about the place is the people that are ultimately enjoying my payment.  If that be the case then it would make sense that this is not the place for me.  

I am not a simpleton I know that I get what I pay for. I realize I signed up for something and perhaps I am now suffering some buyers remorse. I suppose I have until February of 2019 to decide that for sure. 

Okay but that is in fact the point I was originally making. I do like this place there are many many things about it I really enjoy. Due to the recent issues of 'room theft/copying' and the subsequent ban of a member yet not banning others it is bringing to light that perhaps what I do not like about the place is the people that are ultimately enjoying my payment.  If that be the case then it would make sense that this is not the place for me.  

I am not a simpleton I know that I get what I pay for. I realize I signed up for something and perhaps I am now suffering some buyers remorse. I suppose I have until February of 2019 to decide that for sure. 

Wow. I'm not even sure I live that long lol

I left 3DXchat last year and I just paid for a month about two weeks ago. I still have two more weeks or so. My issues are different than yours and I completely take the side of the owners and devs, but they also have a commitment I don't so I can just walk away when i have enough. Just like you - in a shorter term - will see how I'll decide.

Wow. I'm not even sure I live that long lol

I left 3DXchat last year and I just paid for a month about two weeks ago. I still have two more weeks or so. My issues are different than yours and I completely take the side of the owners and devs, but they also have a commitment I don't so I can just walk away when i have enough. Just like you - in a shorter term - will see how I'll decide.

honestly i doubt I will last that long.  I will take it as money thrown from the window and  most likely move on.  The place is beautiful but I don't really enjoy it here. 

Edits... goddamn laptop cursor! lol 

where exactly did i say me? personally, i could care less about ghosting. you said the dll did nothing wrong, i pointed out it did. then all of a sudden you somehow surmised i am homophobic from that. 

Its weird to me I have to show you what you typed. LOL

Screenshot_13.png

You DID make fun of another user for being offended at someone hugging her

You DID make the assumption that you did not want to be fucked in the ass by another avi

I DID try to explain those are not separate issues and are one in the same... you are being pulled into a pose by another person when you may not want it. Just because you don't feel offended by the hug doesn't mean others are not. You can't be fine with 1 invasive act and offended by another. It's characters on a screen. I'm pretty sure neither one will have a lasting impression on your ego. Now, myself, I can understand the dislike for both. 

So for me to bring up the point that it seems homophobic for you to be offended at your video game character to be fucked in the ass, while at the same time laughing at another for being hugged by a random stranger, to me seems sound. 

I hope that was easier for you to understand. 

like most games.services in this world the only way to get them to listen to you is hit them in the wallet if you disagree with them. They certainly wont listen to voices on the forum ( that is a general point not specifically a 3dx one btw). I play eve online as well, the devs made a change, there was much furore on the forum and eventually a leaked internal doc from the ceo saying basically who cares what they say we will judge them on what they do...the change was only reversed when enough people unsubscribed and told them why

LemQoFT.png

Rob -  I think you have committed Blueism.

Time and time again you reoffend.

Its not fair and you should re-evaluate your standards -  There is nothing wrong with blue!

il_570xN.407767765_tebp.jpg

f155d320a846f4adb1096c75c3758d17.jpg

Back to topic:

In essence this topic is about freedom of speech and expressing our views in a none troll like way.

Every has an opinion and most I think want everything to be  fair and wise.

Life is not always fair but we live with it.

Rules on a site like this prevent true freedom for the good of the community, and that is only right  ie  no verbal abuse or bullying 

The only way to make change is to discuss and compromise and persuade those who can make changes that this is a better solution to the issue to try and resolve.

Way up the pros and cons  -  (from Latin prō for + con, from contrā against) 

The root of all this evil is the issue of room stealling or copying and how to deal with it.

Room builders are rightly annoyed that their creations are taken without permission. 

In society laws were made to prevent such things like copyright, theft, fraud laws.

We all know it is morally wrong as well.

Room builders have tried to address this issue themselves and have very kindly advertised their free rooms and people like myself who are none builders have taken advantage of their generosities and I now have houses and clubs to enjoy.

There is no need to steal a room at all.

So the people who do it are trying to cause drama, continue drama thats already in existance or are just plain thieving little bastards.

Is this the kind of people 3dxchat want to attract?  I suggest not.

The 3DXChat community itself is trying to address this issue but also needs positive action and feedback from the Devs here.

1. The community itself has tried to address this setting up a topic for registering their room first. This should then prove ownership as it is publicly stated.  The owner of the room keeps a note of the unique reference for that post in any copying dispute when they report the matter to 3DX  (See less work..  the proof is handed to them in one post )

Here is the room registration topic.     http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7091-official-room-ownership-thread/

Well done to JessicaX for trying to find a solution to it.

2. If a room has been copied,  then a screen shot by the room owner along with a note showing all the similarities needs to be obtained so the Devs can compare rooms. The proof as they say is in the pudding. Again the Devs have no work to do except read the complaint and compare pics in a one post moment.   No Registration & no pics = No action.

3. This is where we need the Devs to back up  and support the community and make it clear that copyng rooms will not be tolerated.

If the judgement agrees with the complainant, then the "culprit" should be banned for a set time as decided by 3DXChat. Repeat offenders should attract longer bans. An appeal process can be added but if the room is not registered in above topic... tough basically.. a lesson well learnt afterwards by the original builder. Only 1 appeal is allowed and the Devs decision is final. 

4. The Devs should perhaps add a caveat in their rules, that any proven copying of members rooms will be dealt with severely and will attract temporary bans or  could even lead to a permanent ban from the game.

I think even room thieves could not argue the injustice of above and can only blame their own actions should they be at the receiving end of a ban.

5. The Devs acted correctly in banning the member temporarily who advertised the hack.  Room copying and the tools to do it should be a suspend offence. 

This is my thoughts on it all and seems sensible to me. I just hope the Devs look at the issue and deal with it for the good of the community and their paying customers.

----

Pros -

1, The community has provided a solution for the issue irritating them and is fair to all

2. The community understand the requirements of proof for such a complaint.

3. The Devs have a one stop read to make their judgement.

4. A caveat will warn future and current members, room copying will not be tolerated

5. There is only one appeal process and the Devs decsion is final.

Cons -

1.The Devs need to update their rules with a caveat and support offending by a ban

2. The Devs may, depending on how rife the issue is, deal with more complaints and possibly 1 appeal process for each.

3. Maybe set up an adjudication topic so that judgements are publically known. This will also support that room copying is not tolerated.

I'm sure there are more pros and cons.   They can be added and addressed in any future points made by members.

I just hope the Devs will support their members on this.

Rob - I think you have committed Blueism.

Time and time again you reoffend.

Its not fair and you should re-evaluate your standards - There is nothing wrong with blue!

il_570xN.407767765_tebp.jpg

f155d320a846f4adb1096c75c3758d17.jpg

Back to topic:

In essence this topic is about freedom of speech and expressing our views in a none troll like way.

Every has an opinion and most I think want everything to be fair and wise.

Rules on a site like this prevent true freedom for the good of the community, and that is only right ie no verbal abuse or bullying

The only way to make change is to discuss and compromise and persuade those who can make changes that this is a better solution to the issue to try and resolve.

Way up the pros and cons - (from Latin prō for + con, from contrā against)

The root of all this evil is the issue of room stealling or copying and how to deal with it.

Room builders are rightly annoyed that their creations are taken without permission.

In society laws were made to prevent such things like copyright, theft, fraud laws.

Room builders have tried to address this issue themselves and have very kindly advertised their free rooms and people like myself who are none builders have taken advantage of their generosities and I now have houses and clubs to enjoy.

There is no need to steal a room at all.

So the people who do it are trying to cause drama, continue drama thats already in existance or are just plain thieving little bastards.

Is this the kind of people 3dxchat want to attract? I suggest not.

The 3DXChat community itself is trying to address this issue but also needs positive action and feedback from the Devs here.

1. The community itself has tried to address this setting up a topic for registering their room first. This should then prove ownership as it is publicly stated. The owner of the room keeps a note of the unique reference for that post in any copying dispute when they report the matter to 3DX (See less work.. the proof is handed to them in one post )

Here is the room registration topic. http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7091-official-room-ownership-thread/

2. If a room has been copied, then a screen shot by the room owner along with a note showing all the similarities needs to be obtained so the Devs can compare rooms. The proof as they say is in the pudding. Again the Devs have no work to do except read the complaint and compare pics in a one post moment. No Registration & no pics = No action.

3. This is where we need the Devs to back up and support the community and make it clear that copyng rooms will not be tolerated.

If the judgement agrees with the complainant, then the "culprit" should be banned for a set time as decided by 3DXChat. Repeat offenders should attract longer bans. An appeal process can be added but if the room is not registered in above topic... tough basically.. a lesson well learnt afterwards by the original builder. Only 1 appeal is allowed and the Devs decision is final.

4. The Devs should perhaps add a caveat in their rules, that any proven copying of members rooms will be dealt with severely and will attract temporary bans or could even lead to a permanent ban from the game.

I think even room thieves could not argue the injustice of above and can only blame their own actions should they be at the receiving end of a ban.

5. The Devs acted correctly in banning the member temporarily who advertised the hack. Room copying and the tools to do it should be a suspend offence.

This is my thoughts on it all and seems sensible to me. I just hope the Devs look at the issue and deal with it for the good of the community and their paying customers.

----

Pros -

1, The community has provided a solution for the issue irritating them and is fair to all

4. A caveat will warn future and current members, room copying will not be tolerated

Cons -

1.The Devs need to update their rules with a caveat and support offending by a ban

2. The Devs may, depending on how rife the issue is, deal with more complaints and possibly 1 appeal process for each.

3. Maybe set up an adjudication topic so that judgements are publically known. This will also support that room copying is not tolerated.

I'm sure there are more pros and cons. They can be added and addressed in any future points made by members.

Or they could simply encrypt their data even a tiny bit.

Removed taking up enough space.

Back to topic:

In essence this topic is about freedom of speech and expressing our views in a none troll like way.   https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment

https://www.freedomforuminstitute.org/about/faq/which-types-of-speech-are-not-protected-by-the-first-amendment/

Every has an opinion and most I think want everything to be  fair and wise.

Rules on a site like this prevent true freedom for the good of the community, and that is only right  ie  no verbal abuse or bullying 

Way up the pros and cons  -  (from Latin prō for + con, from contrā against) 

The root of all this evil is the issue of room stealling or copying and how to deal with it.  Gizmo addressed the Sex Game Devil stance on the matter here: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6198-accessibility-of-user-worlds//index.php?/topic/6198-accessibility-of-user-worlds/

Room builders are rightly annoyed that their creations are taken without permission. Completely understandable for the Users to be upset, no one is saying they shouldn't be.

In society laws were made to prevent such things like copyright, theft, fraud laws.  Those laws don't apply here as Sex Game Devil owns everything in the game.

There is no need to steal a room at all.  People are and always will.  Shame but that's the sad truth of it.  Making it harder still won't solve the problem.

So the people who do it are trying to cause drama, continue drama thats already in existance or are just plain thieving little bastards.  I've seen WC where someone was asking who wanted so and so's room as they have it, just send them a PM, some even posting links for the rooms.

Is this the kind of people 3dxchat want to attract?  I suggest not.

1. The community itself has tried to address this setting up a topic for registering their room first. This should then prove ownership as it is publicly stated.  The owner of the room keeps a note of the unique reference for that post in any copying dispute when they report the matter to 3DX  (See less work..  the proof is handed to them in one post )

Here is the room registration topic.     http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7091-official-room-ownership-thread/    While it's a good idea the issue was pointed out that a person who hasn't posted in that thread, another user uses a hack as the room is open public then comes to the thread and posts pictures the person who originally made it says it's theirs then that becomes the issue.  So it's not full proof.

2. If a room has been copied,  then a screen shot by the room owner along with a note showing all the similarities needs to be obtained so the Devs can compare rooms. The proof as they say is in the pudding. Again the Devs have no work to do except read the complaint and compare pics in a one post moment.   No Registration & no pics = No action.  Read my comment above.

3. This is where we need the Devs to back up  and support the community and make it clear that copyng rooms will not be tolerated.

If the judgement agrees with the complainant, then the "culprit" should be banned for a set time as decided by 3DXChat. Repeat offenders should attract longer bans. An appeal process can be added but if the room is not registered in above topic... tough basically.. a lesson well learnt afterwards by the original builder. Only 1 appeal is allowed and the Devs decision is final.   The thread isn't fail safe that's where the problem is, also it's not an official thread done by Sex Game Devil even if it was it's still flawed.  The only way to know is when it was originally saved on the server itself.  I keep my original file as one name and the one I upload a different name but I also have a change done to it, something simple but it's known by me alone that the user who copies my room wouldn't know.

4. The Devs should perhaps add a caveat in their rules, that any proven copying of members rooms will be dealt with severely and will attract temporary bans or  could even lead to a permanent ban from the game.  Gizmo addressed the Sex Game Devil stance on the matter here: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6198-accessibility-of-user-worlds//index.php?/topic/6198-accessibility-of-user-worlds/

I think even room thieves could not argue the injustice of above and can only blame their own actions should they be at the receiving end of a ban.  Not that I'm sticking up for them but you have to prove that the user(s) is the one who originally hacked the room and is using it not given the room from someone else.

5. The Devs acted correctly in banning the member temporarily who advertised the hack.  Room copying and the tools to do it should be a suspend offence. A forum rule was broken and Devs took action while some don't understand why that was done when the people who use hacks to copy rooms aren't getting into trouble, you have to know who is actually doing it.  That is something not as easy to detect.

----

Pros -

While it really is a shitty and unmoral thing to do it happens not just here.  Users complained before and this is what was stated long ago.  Gizmo addressed the Sex Game Devil stance on the matter here: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6198-accessibility-of-user-worlds//index.php?/topic/6198-accessibility-of-user-worlds/

Cons -

As stated above we don't own anything within the game, Sex Game Devil does.  We are just a user of it.  Making things public like who did what and the actions taken would break their own rule so that's not going to happen.  Just like someone made a thread http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6223-room-thief-shaming/ This is isn't going to solve the problem and user(s) who post someone(s) name stating they've done so could possibly get into trouble with the Devs.

As I've said before, as shitty and unmoral it is for someone to do that, all we can do is complain and hope that something changes in the future.

I'm sure there are more pros and cons.   They can be added and addressed in any future points made by members.

Or they could simply encrypt their data even a tiny bit.

This was explained before and that's when Gizmo posted his thread http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6198-accessibility-of-user-worlds/

second life has user uploaded content, it protects creators from people copying their stuff. if 3dx doesnt it is because the devs cant be bothered to implement it or are incompetent to implement it

I know that as well as IMVU, AChat,RLC (Utherverse) but they have the DMCA policies to which this game does not.  This game and it's owners choose not to implement that and that is their choice.  This content is created with the tools in game and textures to which they provide nothing of the actual users are used in the game itself.  That makes a huge difference.

I know that as well as IMVU, AChat,RLC (Utherverse) but they have the DMCA policies to which this game does not.  This game and it's owners choose not to implement that and that is their choice.  This content is created with the tools in game and textures to which they provide nothing of the actual users are used in the game itself.  That makes a huge difference.

DMCA is a us law, companies do not get the choice to implement it or not

DMCA is a us law, companies do not get the choice to implement it or not

Does not apply to this game as you are not uploading your own created content to this game but using what is provided to make it.  That's like saying when people used to build outside the old user rooms we had using the furniture (i.e. glass tables, cubes and such).  I would recommend you look at the other sites as they have a Third Party clause in their Terms and Conditions/Rules where this game does not.  We do not have a claim if we filed a DMCA and would be the talk of office gossip for thinking we do.   The only thing we have a claim against is the lack of morals and respect to each others as builders.

Does not apply to this game as you are not uploading your own created content to this game but using what is provided to make it.  That's like saying when people used to build outside the old user rooms we had using the furniture (i.e. glass tables, cubes and such).  I would recommend you look at the other sites as they have a Third Party clause in their Terms and Conditions/Rules where this game does not.  We do not have a claim if we filed a DMCA and would be the talk of office gossip for thinking we do.   The only thing we have a claim against is the lack of morals and respect to each others as builders.

Sorry that is total bollocks here, microsoft word is a tool, what I use it to create is copyright to me. The fact I used word is irrelevant it is a unique creation. The use of a room creation tool is the same, the room you created is copyrighted to the creator. Just checked 3dxchat tos, there is no mention of anything you upload being an assignation of copyright so anyone who has created a room is perfectly entitled to issue a dmca take down notice if people copy it and I fully encourage them to do it and if 3dx wish to do business in the states they are compelled to comply