3DXChat Community

DJ Appreciation thread

jaded

A-Z4-20.gif

I dont want everyone to love the DJ's or the Events, but to show respect for their work isnt asked too much. It already shows respect, even if you dont like whats going on, to keep it to yourself or just release your anger / disappointment about it via PM. Also rambling in local about the music beeing silly and posting Youtube Links with "better" music is just plain rude when someone is performing live. Isnt it like going to a concert but not listening to it? Noone forces anyone to listen to the music or go to the partys we do... but naming and shaming about it in the chat is really a no-go.

Might be nice to stop, think and then talk for awhile.

Give Respect, Get Respect.

tumblr_mytlm0wiy61s0my1wo1_400.gif?w=529

Etiquette22-600__600x400.jpg

Heya all,

I want to give you some thoughts of mine based on recent observations in world / local chat.

Why do some people have to be so disrespectful towards our event organizers and DJ's? I mean everyone can have its own opinion about styles, genres, music but its not the first time I heard "This music sucks" or other similar rants in the chats.

If the music isnt your cup of tea thats perfectly fine. Tastes are different... but that doesent mean you have to be rude towards people that spent their free time here to entertain other people. Sometimes I ask myself if people are aware of the fact that we dont get paid for what we do, nor its our job. We do this for free, voluntary and with alot of passion and time goes into what we do. You can probably imagine how it must feel when you organize a party or play a set for the partycrowd at Nightclub and people ramble about the errors you made with setting up the event-times or that your music sucks.

I can speak only for myself on this, but I have faced this one or two times now, and seriously it hurts. I am not even sure that some people do know we are actually playing stuff by ourselves. Unlike some of you might expect, we dont go to Spotify and throw a few tracks together into a playlist that we play then.

No.

It goes a bit further then that. I dont even know of some of you have the slightest idea of how much time can go into preperation & execution of a 1 hour DJ Set? Depending on the quality sometimes (for me) it can take up to 5 hours of my free time depends on how far I want to push the quality of the mix...

I dont want everyone to love the DJ's or the Events, but to show respect for their work isnt asked too much. It already shows respect, even if you dont like whats going on, to keep it to yourself or just release your anger / disappointment about it via PM. Also rambling in local about the music beeing silly and posting Youtube Links with "better" music is just plain rude when someone is performing live. Isnt it like going to a concert but not listening to it? Noone forces anyone to listen to the music or go to the partys we do... but naming and shaming about it in the chat is really a no-go.

Might be nice to stop, think and then talk for awhile.

Give Respect, Get Respect.

Agree with you Nikki, even if nobody telling me that music I'm playing sucks (but I know my skills sucks sometimes ((maybe music too) or maybe someone was telling me, and I just don't remember))). You are doing a good job, keep it doing, amazing as always. Haters always gonna hate, just don't pay attention. I remember when I was hosting party at NC once, someone called police on me. I just decided to let them use furry handcuffs on me, that's it, and continued to play. :D

This is it people. Last time in NC for me.

I can take critique about my music or playstyle or whatnot... but the continuous rudness in local makes me sick. Its also sad that you have to translate stuff from french into english to get what it means.

When I replied with the same words I stated here earlier and told them they are free to turn the music off or just go to another map I got this:

I pay for the game. You can also go

Fine. Have it your way.

zxtf4f5nr5.jpg

hey nikki, i wouldnt take that to serious what some ppl write, one can never pleasure all at the same time and still plenty lots more of other ppl here like ur stuff, than that what you apparently read of a tiny few of ppl! and you know the level or niveau in this game sometimes, be it world or local, just feels like a middle-school playground populated by brats in ski masks who name-call and taunt with the fake bravery of their anonymity and so dont or never hate ppl, who are maybe jealous of you, but respect their jealousy, cause they're ppl who think that you are better than them^^

Maybe needs the public DJ Nights a little break, not for punished the DJ's or the Members who like it...
But I agree, if I be in the NightClub I read sometimes bad and disrespectful things in public chat about the art and music of the DJ, and for this isn't the DJ here!

Maybe was it a bit too many DJ Nights in the last time... And with a little break we bring back the interest for DJ Nights and the respect for the DJ who spend her time, money and music for entertain the members here in the game :)

Yep gotta give a round of applause to all the DJs indeed it is hard work to get everything perfect, my advice Nikki, don't let those people get to you, just do what you love, there's a massive amount of people who love your music to those who don't but as Achilles said, maybe we shall take a break from the DJ nights for a bit, then bring it back in time. :)

• 3 weeks later...