3DXChat Community

Beach Memory leak?

THX

I agree with MeiLing. This is not just limited to the beach. There is a memory leak, like if you host a room the memory usage will just keep rising and eventually the game will crash, typically I can keep my room open about 3-4 hours before it will crash. I have a GTX 1080, so my hardware is more than capable, and I can play the latest games on Ultra High settings with a lot more going on than 3DX and better graphics with no problems. It is only 3DX which I see slowdowns and crashes.

Evidence of the memory leak is very easy to see.  On Windows hit Ctrl-alt-del on the keyboard and select "Task Manager."  In the lower left corner of the task manager window, select "More details" (if it already says "Fewer details" ignore this step.)  When you first start the game, look at the "Memory" column for 3dxchat.  A few hours later, look at it again.

You'll see that the memory usage progressively rises over time. 

Of course, finding the actual leak in the code is a different matter altogether.  Especially since this is a Unity game, and so much of what happens in Unity is hidden from the developer.  

Tlaera

it doesnt matter how you look into this from one way to the other 

we all have these problems in here i guess , but biggest problem on 3dx is there is no support , there is no one who you can talk to directly cous ....... there is no one .... and i dont think there ever will be 

never seen such a more ugly approach not to mention how they dont bother with comments from 3dx community when all we want is a lil bit of help for all of us 

maybe its time they reconsider to finally hire someone who can really help us instead of only guessing from there pov 

but than again thats hoping i will win the lottery in 2019 allthough?  :) 

If we're dreaming, I dream of them open sourcing the 3DX code and taking additions from the community.  There are a number of us who would contribute.

(I recognize, though, that this isn't really tenable.  Gizmo would need to spend all of his time reviewing and approving/disapproving code changes, and there are people who would definitely find ways to use the code for nefarious purposes.)

Yep. I have the same issue as well.

Ryzen 7 1700X (Clocked at 4.4Ghz)

32GB of 3000Mhz DDR4

GeForce 1080Ti

I can run most new games at 100FPS+ but the beach brings my system to its knees. This clearly is not a hardware issue.