3DXChat Community

Crash

Jin

For a while my game has been crashing for no reason... I have a small window 3dxchat opens and my game closes without error messages... I've tried to reduce the game's graphics options but it doesn't change anything...

Screenshot_7.png

Edited by Jin

3 hours ago, Jin said:

Ok I finded the Crash file if someone can help me to understand what is going on.

crash.dmp 499.4 kB · 1 download

Looks like you have the same error as MeiLing linked to: C0000005 access violation

Try the following steps, but also try to disable any antivirus software you have running just to be sure it doesn't try to block the game:

On 10/2/2023 at 8:17 PM, MeiLing said:

Try this 

1. Check RAM. Memory corruption could be one of the primary reasons behind this error, hence check the RAM. ...
  2. Scan PC for Malware. ...
  3. Run SFC Scan. ...
  4. Update Device Drivers. ...
  5. Perform a Clean Boot. ...
  6. Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
  7. Turn off DEP. ...
  8. Reset your PC.

My guess is DEP

https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/dep-data-execution-prevention-windows-10.html

1 hour ago, MissD said:

Looks like you have the same error as MeiLing linked to: C0000005 access violation

Try the following steps, but also try to disable any antivirus software you have running just to be sure it doesn't try to block the game:

I tryed everything that you suggest except disable DEP because i can't, i have a message that say: that 3DX need the DEP to be launch. And crash are still here so... if you can tell me how to desactivate DEP for 3Dx only it would be cool. And I insist that i tryed litteraly everything like

Disable the XMP (BIOS)
Desactivate the Firewall and AV
Reset PC with usb
chkdsk scan
sfc scan

Edited by Jin

1 hour ago, Jin said:

I reinstalled Windows but same crash

Screenshot_7.png

Noticed the game is located in the Downloads folder, which might cause some errors.

Please try to move it somewhere else, e.g. X:\3DXChat

Edited by MissD
Typo

1 hour ago, MissD said:

Noticed the game is located in the Downloads folder, which might cause some errors.

Please try to move it somewhere else, e.g. X:\3DXChat

is there a way to remove the 3dx game with the launcher or do i just need to move the folder 3dx directly ?

Edited by Jin

40 minutes ago, Jin said:

is there a way to remove the 3dx game with the launcher or do i just need to move the folder 3dx directly ?

On 2/26/2023 at 4:57 PM, MissD said:

Installation and removal of 3DXChat
When downloading 3DXChat it should be noted that the launcher is a self extracting file, placing the game in the current folder where the launcher is located, once you run it.
You won't get a normal installation window, and it has nothing to do with the version of windows you use, it's the way 3DXChat is developed.
Side note: Be sure that the folder you placed the launcher in has the correct read/write permissions for your user.

You possibly want to place the launcher somewhere else e.g. X:\3DXChat\ and create a shortcut onto your desktop or taskbar from there.

Once you run the game for the first time it will create a new folder Documents/3DXChat where screenshots and settings etc. are stored.
It also creates a table within the registry database of your windows, where it stores your in-game settings, saved colors, login information (if "remember me" is selected) is stored.

Removal of 3DXChat
Delete the folder where the game files are located e.g. X\3DXChat\
Then you delete the 3DXChat folder in your documents folder.
To remove the registry files you can use Gizmo's tool which can be found here:

Edited by MissD
Added installation section too

Ok this time the report was different he dont find the path to the faulty module after disabled DEP. The game just freeze and crash with no window.

I'm gonna try to change the game placement.

EDIT: same problem with UnityPlayer.dll

Edited by Jin

I have discovered that my processor (Ryzen 3600) was to blame. I ended up experimenting with underclocking my processor to a constant 3600mhz (instead of allowing Precision Boost Overdrive to push it to 4200mhz), and the crashes were gone.After some investigation I found that my processor pushed the Vcore to 1.42v when running at 4200. This is way too high.

In short, if you're reading this because you also have access violation errors in Unity games, try underclocking your CPU.